Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

lockdar posted:

Nope, just straight off the deep end. Most fun in magic you can is have reading every card in your deck to see what it actually does ;)

I just hate loving storm in modern. If I want to watch someone masturbating for an hour, only to end up disappointed, I can just go look in a mirror. :D

Any chance for an extra joke entry? I want to also run

27 snow-covered swamp
27 snow-covered island
4 treasure hunt
2 zombie infestation

Just because it's funny.

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Modern storm does feel super lame compared to legacy storm. The amount of power it loses is nuts. LEDs, infernal tutor, black rituals, and filtering all make the legacy deck leagues better.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Don't forget you have to cast some wuss spell like grapeshot or goblin friends with it instead of TENDRILS OF AGONY

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Are we allowed to use Dragons of Tarkir cards? Because with Narset spoiled, I kind of want to run U/W control with her to see how good she is.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
What's the cutoff point for futzing around with my list? The 9th?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
morning of the ninth

sayin no to dtk legality because it won't become legal for a while right

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
you won't be legal for a while

yeah um prerelease is like the 21st if decklist submissions are to be done by the 9th the spoiler won't even be out there

I bet someone here has a godbook

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
zoness sign your little weasel dick up

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

gang sines posted:

zoness sign your little weasel dick up

dude my availability is rear end i looked at the number of times i saw myself even get pinged in irc and its like 0 over the course of the whole legacy thunderdome.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Okay I am going to try to sign up if i can find a list i want to play by the 9th. Pre-emptively saying that I will mostly only be available to play on weekends.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
given two people dropped off the face of the earth after signing up in legacy thunderdome i think only playing on weekends is not that big of a deal :I

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Can we make some sort of "post in the thread to acknowledge that you've seen pairings and set a time" rule? I think 2 of my 6 opponents have actually responded to me in the legacy thread in any sort of reasonable time. It's really annoying.

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007
Awww yea lets do this.

MB
----
2 Dack Fayden
4 Monastery Mentor
1 Snapcaster Mage
4 Young Pyromancer
3 Gitaxian Probe
1 Ponder
4 Preordain
1 Time Walk
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Flusterstorm
1 Foil
4 Force of Will
4 Gush
3 Lightning Bolt
4 Mental Misstep
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
4 Flooded Strand
1 Misty Rainforest
3 Scalding Tarn
1 Strip Mine
3 Tundra
4 Volcanic Island

SB
----
1 Dack Fayden
1 Electrickery
1 Flame Jab
3 Grafdigger's Cage
3 Ingot Chewer
3 Leyline of the Void
1 Library of Alexandria
1 Pithing Needle
1 Swords to Plowshares

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
I've played, like, three games of Vintage in my life. Let's try this out.

4C Fish

2 Null Rod
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Snapcaster Mage
4 Force of Will
1 Brainstorm
1 Yawgmoth's Will
2 Flusterstorm
2 Mental Misstep
1 Time Walk
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Ancestral Recall
4 Dark Confidant
3 Swords to Plowshares
1 Scrubland
1 Savannah
2 Meddling Mage
4 Noble Hierarch
2 Cavern of Souls
3 Abrupt Decay
2 Verdant Catacombs
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Mox Jet
2 Mana Confluence
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Emerald
1 Vampiric Tutor
2 Wasteland
2 Containment Priest
1 Bayou
2 Underground Sea
1 Tundra
1 Tropical Island
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Black Lotus
1 Strip Mine

SB: 2 Nature's Claim
SB: 1 Engineered Explosives
SB: 3 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 2 Trinket Mage
SB: 1 Pithing Needle
SB: 2 Mindbreak Trap
SB: 1 Notion Thief
SB: 2 Steel Sabotage
SB: 1 Toxic Deluge

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

Can we make some sort of "post in the thread to acknowledge that you've seen pairings and set a time" rule? I think 2 of my 6 opponents have actually responded to me in the legacy thread in any sort of reasonable time. It's really annoying.

word. Maybe a time limit on scheduling matches or something idk

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

kizudarake posted:

I just hate loving storm in modern. If I want to watch someone masturbating for an hour, only to end up disappointed, I can just go look in a mirror. :D

Any chance for an extra joke entry? I want to also run

27 snow-covered swamp
27 snow-covered island
4 treasure hunt
2 zombie infestation

Just because it's funny.

Vintage Storm is Restricted List Tribal. Play all the one-ofs, it's like you're playing out a resolved Doomsday every single turn. :catdrugs:

I'm playing this completely stock Shops list:
Creatures (17)
4 Kuldotha Forgemaster
4 Lodestone Golem
3 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Duplicant
1 Steel Hellkite
1 Sundering Titan
1 Wurmcoil Engine

Spells (25)
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Sphere of Resistance
4 Tangle Wire
4 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sol Ring
1 Staff of Nin
1 Trinisphere

Lands (18)
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Mishra's Workshop
4 Wasteland
2 Cavern of Souls
2 Mishra's Factory
1 Strip Mine
1 Tolarian Academy

Sideboard (15)
4 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Crucible of Worlds
2 Dismember
2 Karakas
2 Precursor Golem
2 Tormod's Crypt
1 Ghost Quarter

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

are you thinking somethin more than the last call post? or doing a checkin earlier? i def want people to get in touch asap but i dunno what more to do besides give forfeits on the deadline if i don't hear from one of the players.

definitely pm or post if by middle of the round you haven't even heard from your opponent so it's on my radar/i can try to help coordinate.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

gang sines posted:

are you thinking somethin more than the last call post? or doing a checkin earlier? i def want people to get in touch asap but i dunno what more to do besides give forfeits on the deadline if i don't hear from one of the players.

definitely pm or post if by middle of the round you haven't even heard from your opponent so it's on my radar/i can try to help coordinate.

Yeah. Like, people know when the pairings go up so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to post within a day or 2 to say "hey, I'm around at these times. I'll be in irc" or whatever. It's pretty annoying when I'm apparently supposed to meet half my opponents in irc but I haven't heard a word about it. I'm rarely on my computer so I don't really go on irc. I've had whole weeks where I didn't hear from my opponent until Saturday night and I had to play on Saturday or Sunday when I'd rather have gone out or done something with my one day off that week.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
well if you've posted and haven't heard from them def pm me and i will chase them down. a deadline for scheduling is a bit of a headache for me to manage but i think yeah like two days in if you're waiting on a response let me know, if they're in IRC or w/e i'll chase them down and i can always give extensions if they're out of town for the first half of the week or whatever that prevents them from setting something up by the weekend.

on the flip side if anyone has limited availability during any round post about it in the thread so your opponent can know where the heck you are!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

No, I don't expect you to babysit people and start PMing everyone 3 days after you post pairings, but if my opponent suddenly appears for the first time Saturday afternoon, I don't particularly want a loss because I made plans for the weekend or because my work schedule doesn't let me play on those days. I guess what I'm saying is if a game doesn't get played for whatever reason, look at who's made an effort to contact the other person.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i'm def not gonna loss you for your opponent taking a long time to sched, and yeah if someone eats a loss it will be whoever was slacking. i'd optimally like to give an extension in that scenario so you guys have time to get a game in.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

gang sines posted:

i'm def not gonna loss you for your opponent taking a long time to sched, and yeah if someone eats a loss it will be whoever was slacking. i'd optimally like to give an extension in that scenario so you guys have time to get a game in.

Grumble grumble.

But yeah, not knowing by like Tues/Wed when somebody is available makes it pretty difficult and most of the time forces the game to happen over the weekend, which isn't always optimal.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i mean like i said if your opponent is missing and you need to get poo poo scheduled pm me or post in the thread and i'll see what i can do to track them down

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

gang sines posted:

i mean like i said if your opponent is missing and you need to get poo poo scheduled pm me or post in the thread and i'll see what i can do to track them down

Can I pm you my phone for texts, i don't really do steam or IRC

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

kizudarake posted:

Can I pm you my phone for texts, i don't really do steam or IRC

sure

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I've never played a game of vintage in my life so I'm going to stick with the closest thing I know from other formats. Hatebears list courtesy of suicidesteve: http://deckbox.org/sets/922006!

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 8, 2015

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I've never played a game of vintage in my life so I'm going to stick with the closest thing I know from other formats. Hatebears list courtesy of suicidesteve: http://deckbox.org/sets/710432

The tarmogoyfs in your sideboard should probably be Porcelain Legionnaires, and if you swap one of the Tormod's crypts, the Path to Exile, and the 3rd natures claim (since you will have legionnaire for shops) for 3 Containment priest your Dredge and Oath matchups will be MUCH better. Containment Priest is probably the most versatile hatebear, and despite the dis-synergy with Vial it is very difficult for Oath or Dredge to get off the table.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
aight microdicks who hven't posted a list yet u got what 38 hours i think or something like that so if you don't have a list you better have an excuse :I

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I'm having serious personal questions about what deck I should play. I am challenging all of my preconceived notions about reality and wizard poker.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Actually, I think I will retract my initial post of interest. It would be hard for me to make some of the games in the coming weeks. I will be curious to see what deck ends up taking it though.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'll play LSV's Tezzeret-Oath list because one combo just isn't enough for me.
Main:
1 Blightsteel Colossus
2 Snapcaster Mage
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 Black Lotus
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Vault
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Sol Ring
1 Time Vault
1 Voltaic Key
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Ponder
2 Thoughtseize
1 Time Walk
1 Tinker
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Fact or Fiction
1 Flusterstorm
4 Force of Will
1 Hurkyl's Recall
2 Mana Drain
3 Mental Misstep
1 Spell Snare
1 Steel Sabotage
1 Thirst for Knowledge
1 Vampiric Tutor
3 Island
1 Library of Alexandria
2 Misty Rainforest
4 Scalding Tarn
1 Tolarian Academy
1 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea

Side:
1 Flusterstorm
2 Forbidden Orchard
2 Griselbrand
1 Hurkyl's Recall
1 Notion Thief
4 Oath of Druids
1 Rebuild
1 Steel Sabotage
1 Swan Song
1 Tormod's Crypt

e: list edited to include the 60th card which I left off previously (it's the second Snapcaster Mage)

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 10, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lockdar posted:

I have never ever played a single game of Vintage or Legacy in my life. Should I join up and embarrass myself on live tv?

I'll be doing the same and playing Dredge, because I played the heck out of that in Standard and old Extended. It should be Fun.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I have no idea what I'm doing, so here goes nothing. Count me in!

4 Young Pyromancer
3 Fatestitcher

4 Preordain
4 Force of Will
3 Gitaxian Probe
3 Dig Through Time
3 Gush
3 Lightning Bolt
3 Mental Misstep
3 Jeskai Ascendancy
1 Dack Fayden
1 Ponder
1 Time Walk
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Spell Pierce
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sensei's Divining Top

4 Flooded Strand
3 Scalding Tarn
3 Volcanic Island
2 Island
2 Tundra

Sideboard:

3 Ingot Chewer
2 Tormod's Crypt
2 Wear // Tear
1 Energy Flux
1 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Jace, The Mind Sculptor
1 Meddling Mage
1 Ravenous Trap
1 Relic of Progenitus
1 Scouring Sands
1 Sudden Shock

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Never played much Vintage before, still can't use Xmage, let's get wrecked.

Grixis Control (shamelessly stolen from LSV)

Maindeck:
1x Library of Alexandria
1x Strip Mine
1x Tolarian Academy
2x Polluted Delta
4x Scalding Tarn
2x Island
2x Underground Sea
3x Volcanic Island

1x Black Lotus
1x Mox Pearl
1x Mox Jet
1x Mox Ruby
1x Mox Emerald
1x Mox Sapphire
1x Sol Ring
1x Mana Crypt

3x Mental Misstep
1x Ancestral Recall
1x Brainstorm
1x Ponder
2x Repeal
1x Thoughtseize
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Lightning Bolt
2x Pyroblast
2x Snapcaster Mage
1x Time Walk
1x Mana Drain
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Fire//Ice
1x Thirst for Knowledge
1x Tinker
1x Dack Fayden
1x Yawgmoth's Will
2x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1x Dig Through Time
1x Treasure Cruise
4x Force of Will
1x Misdirection
1x Gifts Ungiven
1x Voltaic Key
1x Time Vault
1x Blightsteel Colossus

Sideboard
2x Viashino Heretic
2x Pyroclasm
4x Ingot Chewer
3x Grafdigger's Cage
1x Tormod's Crypt
1x Flusterstorm
1x Notion Thief
1x Mountain

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hi I'm still trying to tweak my list

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Alright, since there is someone playing Dredge I'm probably gonna do Belcher. No-one else is playing it yet, and hey, it has shops (in the sideboard).

List up in a bit, but gently caress is this deck annoying to play on XMage. You can't even pick what colour mana you spend to cast spells, which is really obnoxious when you're floating a bunch of U but want to use your off-colour moxen to play things like Sol Ring and Mana Vault. Oh, and you have to finish stacking your deck with Belcher before the game actually ends, there's no quick "I don't care just shuffle them up" button, and the window walks all the way around the screen as you're doing so.

e: And if you mash click to fast some of the windows get stuck onscreen when you go to sideboarding and you can't do anything.

e2:

Black Lotus
Sol Ring
Mox Sapphire
Mox Jet
Mox Ruby
Mox Emerald
Mox Pearl
4x Mox Opal
4x Chrome Mox
Lotus Petal
Lion's Eye Diamond
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Candelabra of Tawnos
2x Grim Monolith

Tolarian Academy
4x Expedition Map

Windfall
Timetwister
Memory Jar
2x Diminishing Returns

Ancestral Recall
Ponder
4x Preordain
4x Gitaxian Probe

Tinker
2x Tezzeret, the Seeker
Time Vault
3x Voltaic Key
4x Goblin Charbelcher

4x Force of Will
3x Pact of Negation

Sideboard:

Mystical Tutor
Diminishing Returns
Void Snare
Mindbreak Trap
Hurkyl's Recall
Defense Grid
Grim Monolith
2x Mishra's Workshop
3x Mental Misstep
3x Leyline of Anticipation

e3: I kinda want to fit Time Walk in since I'm already playing Timetwister, might as well go for the full 9, and it doesn't seem terrible. Can't figure out what to shave to make it happen though.

Jabor fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 8, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Jabor posted:

Alright, since there is someone playing Dredge I'm probably gonna do Belcher. No-one else is playing it yet, and hey, it has shops (in the sideboard).

List up in a bit, but gently caress is this deck annoying to play on XMage. You can't even pick what colour mana you spend to cast spells, which is really obnoxious when you're floating a bunch of U but want to use your off-colour moxen to play things like Sol Ring and Mana Vault. Oh, and you have to finish stacking your deck with Belcher before the game actually ends, there's no quick "I don't care just shuffle them up" button, and the window walks all the way around the screen as you're doing so.
Right click, uncheck "automatically spend mana in pools". It wasn't until round 2 that I discovered this, and its pretty important in doomsday too. Belcher is a bitch to resolve though. I love how each time you click a card to put on top, the entire window needs to refresh.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Jabor posted:

Oh, and you have to finish stacking your deck with Belcher before the game actually ends, there's no quick "I don't care just shuffle them up" button,

The same is true on Magic Online, but your opponent is a bastard if he doesn't just concede once his life total is a negative number. I'm happy you're playing Belcher, it's one of the coolest decks around in Vintage. My advice is that you don't play Time Walk, because it rarely ends up being worthwhile and often gets stuck in your hand.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Probably not playing in this since my weeknights are pretty booked and I might be moving later this month but I would love to watch some Vintage, so please keep the thread posted if you're streaming anything or when match recordings go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'm not up on you kids' technology these days, but if someone wants to help me set up a video recording thing, I'll try to set up something so you can hear why I'm making the terrible decisions I'm making.

• Locked thread