Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'm in. I've given up on Skullclamp - it just conflicts with Mishra's Workshop too much. I haven't quite decided between a stock mtggoldfish shops list, or some kind of brew-y Null Rod deck. I am 100% down for this tournament, I'll get a list together soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

kizudarake posted:

I just hate loving storm in modern. If I want to watch someone masturbating for an hour, only to end up disappointed, I can just go look in a mirror. :D

Any chance for an extra joke entry? I want to also run

27 snow-covered swamp
27 snow-covered island
4 treasure hunt
2 zombie infestation

Just because it's funny.

Vintage Storm is Restricted List Tribal. Play all the one-ofs, it's like you're playing out a resolved Doomsday every single turn. :catdrugs:

I'm playing this completely stock Shops list:
Creatures (17)
4 Kuldotha Forgemaster
4 Lodestone Golem
3 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Duplicant
1 Steel Hellkite
1 Sundering Titan
1 Wurmcoil Engine

Spells (25)
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Sphere of Resistance
4 Tangle Wire
4 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sol Ring
1 Staff of Nin
1 Trinisphere

Lands (18)
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Mishra's Workshop
4 Wasteland
2 Cavern of Souls
2 Mishra's Factory
1 Strip Mine
1 Tolarian Academy

Sideboard (15)
4 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Crucible of Worlds
2 Dismember
2 Karakas
2 Precursor Golem
2 Tormod's Crypt
1 Ghost Quarter

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

so it begins

round one pairings:
7) Xeom vs LordSaturn

if we can get some dudes to volunteer to commentate jassi/L0cke that would be swell otherwise i'll just dig someone up to commentate w/ me. that match will be streamed and recorded and posted in the op!!!!!!

How you wanna link up?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

LordSaturn posted:

How you wanna link up?

Xeom gets it 2-1. Game 1 I take my last ever gamble on double wasteland and no taxes. Game 2 I stick a turn 1 Thorn and it all goes sideways from there. Game 3 I put up a good show with double Thorn and Tangle Wire, but he gets Duck Faygo up too fast and I can't find my Phyrexian Revoker soon enough to safely play out my Forgemaster and try to win. Definitely learned some stuff about sideboarding against Dork Frampton + spells decks.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Trilas posted:

My apologies to Gang Sines and eSporks. I took a new position at work last week and have been finding myself with no free time as a result of my hours being shifted and overtime being a thing. I'm going to have to drop and hope that this stabilizes by the time Tunderdome 3 rolls around. Again, very sorry for the pain in the rear end and lack of playing magic this causes.

Thank you for actually dropping instead of making us wonder if you died. Byes suck, but this keeps them to a minimum.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Lonely Bridge posted:

I'm free most week days after 5PM Eastern. Let me know when you're available!

About the same time! Let's try for tomorrow - I like to get my rounds done quickish, but I've got poo poo I have to do tonight.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Lonely Bridge posted:

I'm free most week days after 5PM Eastern. Let me know when you're available!

Well I kind of jerked off for a day there and we had to re-do game 3 due to xmage loving exploding, but I got it 2-1, despite playing game 1 as though I was against shops. GGs, dude.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

black potus posted:

round 3 pairings (score in square brackets):
Jabor [1-1] vs LordSaturn [1-1]

Jabor posted:

I'm well and truly at work by then, so I guess we'll have to do this over the weekend. Will you be around Friday night?

Looks like you have some kind of schedule that prevents you from playing in the weekday evenings on America Time? This weekend should be fine, ours is a matchup that pretty much ends when you kill me or I lock you out irretrievably, as far as I can tell.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Jabor posted:

The schedule is called "Australia", but yes. By the time I get home it's well into the small hours for anyone stateside. Thursday evening could also work (what with Friday being a public holiday), or sometime this weekend. I'd rather set a time in advance instead of messing up a whole long weekend trying to catch each other on IRC though.

What times on Thursday?

(What the gently caress, you people get Good Friday off?)

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Jabor posted:

Any time that could reasonably be construed as "evening" for you is fine by me - 6pm on the east coast works out to 9am here, any time after that is good if I know about it in advance. Just pick something that works for you.

Okay, thursday at 6 PM then.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

MySwan posted:

LordSaturn, whats good. Do you hang out on irc?

Not habitually. What nights are good?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

MySwan posted:

tonight, free whenever, preferably late night
Wednesday (tomorrow) the 8th, after 8
Thursday the 9th, late night, say 11ish
Friday, 10th, after 7
Saturday, like 11pm at the earliest
Sunday the 12th, don't have my work schedule yet, probably free all day, could be busy till 4

I'm being loving impoossibly lazy and stupid about this. I'll be staying in tomorrow so maybe then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

MySwan posted:

Hey LordSaturn, I'm real sorry we missed our date tonight, its totally my fault. Want to reschedule?

I'm going to take an 0-2 drop, here. My net connection has not been stable enough to enjoy playing internet magic.

Best of luck in your next round!

• Locked thread