Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

U/W Flash because it's the most fun to play, although I hope someone else plays Blue Belcher because that's the most fun to watch.

3 Cavern of Souls
4 Flooded Strand
1 Karakas
2 Polluted Delta
2 Snow-Covered Island
1 Snow-Covered Plains
1 Tolarian Academy
3 Tundra
1 Black Lotus
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sol Ring
4 Restoration Angel
3 Snapcaster Mage
3 Vendilion Clique
1 Ancestal Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Disenchant
3 Dig Through Time
4 Fact or Fiction
4 Force of Will
3 Mana Drain
3 Mental Misstep
1 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Swords to Plowshares
1 Time Walk

Sideboard
1 Disenchant
2 Devout Witness
4 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Flusterstorm
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
3 Spirit of the Labyrinth
1 Venser, Shaper Savant

Edit: Just tweaking the sideboard slightly

Chamale fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

MySwan posted:

Instants and Sorcereries
1 Pestermite
1 Vendelion Clique
1 Spellskite

I don't think those cards will do what you want in an Oath deck.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Are we allowed to use Dragons of Tarkir cards? Because with Narset spoiled, I kind of want to run U/W control with her to see how good she is.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Jabor posted:

Oh, and you have to finish stacking your deck with Belcher before the game actually ends, there's no quick "I don't care just shuffle them up" button,

The same is true on Magic Online, but your opponent is a bastard if he doesn't just concede once his life total is a negative number. I'm happy you're playing Belcher, it's one of the coolest decks around in Vintage. My advice is that you don't play Time Walk, because it rarely ends up being worthwhile and often gets stuck in your hand.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Viscardus, I'm around to play after 9:00 Mountain Time most night, but not Monday. Let me know what works.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I lost 2-1 to Viscardus. Turns out that first-turn Trinisphere and mana denial can win games without even playing blue. I had all my hopes on a Devout Witness in Game 3, and she got Dismembered before I could even use her once.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

instantrunoffvote posted:

Yeah, I can just recur spellbomb until I find a tasigur, tasigur to draw the rest of my deck, and then just use tasigur to ancestral you 20 times. It actually was locked at that point if you didn't have any disruption (and I had a flusterstorm if you did).

Although if your win condition is letting your opponent draw everything, they can draw everything they might have to fight back. I've learned this lesson from my Lodestone Bauble recursion deck.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

gang sines posted:

anyone who's had trouble fetching, plz pm me or catch me in IRC

Incidentally, in that game where a bug got in the way, I topdecked a land and won anyway. I lost the next two games.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

kizudarake posted:

Who in the gently caress saw Army of Allah and thought: "this is gonna be worth thousands of dollars someday! I'm going to have this graded!"

Maybe they got it confused with Jihad, which is worth $30 and probably will gradually go up.

Even if Wizards abolishes the reserve list, they will never ever reprint a card named Jihad.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Crap almost forgot about this, can you play tomorrow or on the weekend?

Tomorrow is best. 9:00 pm Mountain Time is the earliest that works for me, unless you want to play at 11:00 am.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Crap almost forgot about this, can you play tomorrow or on the weekend?

Are we playing tonight? I probably can't on the weekend, although if we get an extension I could do Monday.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm online now if you want to squeeze a quick game in

I was in the IRC and not the xmage server, I just joined your game. Looks like you disconnected?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I don't know what's wrong with the goon server, please join the IRC so we can figure out how to play a match.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm in it right now where are you

I'm in #mtgthunderdome and I don't see you. The goon server seems to be broken, it won't let us draw our opening hands.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I won 2-0 against PhyrexianLibrarian. We had some frustrating problems with xmage, and discovered a noteworthy bug: Creatures cast with colourless mana from Cavern of Souls are still uncounterable, as we found out when his Cavern naming Cat cast an uncounterable Thalia. Take note of that if you're ever running Cavern against a blue deck.

I credit both my wins to Restoration Angel, because a 3/4 with Flash and Flying is bigger than anything that gets hardcast in Vintage, and all my counterspells and card draw let me hold on long enough to start playing them.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

instantrunoffvote posted:

I can play anytime from 8am to 4pm PDT. If that doesn't work for you, tell me and we can set up something else.

How about Thursday, at 11:00 your time?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I lost 0-2 to instantrunoffvote, in one game he assembled Salvagers and in the other he got 3 Tasigurs for a beatdown.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

March Hare, what time Sunday is good for you? I'd like to start at around 10:00 to 12:00 MST.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The March Hare posted:

am or pm? I can probably do like after game of thrones airs today, whatever that is close to midnight eastern.

Midnight eastern, then? That works for me.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The March Hare posted:

am or pm? I can probably do like after game of thrones airs today, whatever that is close to midnight eastern.

I'm waiting in the main server, since I had some issues with the goon server last time.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The March Hare posted:

Hey I'm just going to scoop, I'm exhausted and forgot about this until now–sorry, hope I didn't keep you up. Also, you had trouble with the goon server (my server) because I took it down.

No worries :)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Lonely Bridge, the next couple nights are probably a no-go for me. I can do anytime on Tuesday if you're agreeable to that.

Chamale fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Lonely Bridge posted:

Yea we can try that. I'll try to hop in the IRC on Tuesday sometime after ~5PM Eastern

Sorry, Lonely Bridge, I have to concede our match and drop from this.

• Locked thread