Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I'm torn between doomsday and Belcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

My availability is usually any time after 5pm PST during weekdays, or sometime on weekends with notice. I hang out in IRC a lot.

Doomsday

4 Force of Will
3 Mental Misstep
2 Flusterstorm
2 Thoughtseize
1 Duress
1 Misdirection
1 Hurkyl's Recall
4 Gush
4 Preordain
1 Ponder
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Brainstorm
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Time Walk
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Gitaxian Probe
1 Imperial Seal
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Merchant Scroll
4 Doomsday
1 Fastbond
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Laboratory Maniac
1 Dark Ritual
1 Lotus Petal
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Polluted Delta
4 Misty Rainforest
1 Flooded Strand
4 Underground Sea
2 Tropical Island
1 Island

Sideboard

4 Leyline of the Void
1 Yixlid Jailer
2 Nature's Claim
2 Xantid Swarm
1 Forest
3 Trygon Predator
1 Hurkyl's Recall
1 Mindbreak Trap

eSporks fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 10, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Jabor posted:

Alright, since there is someone playing Dredge I'm probably gonna do Belcher. No-one else is playing it yet, and hey, it has shops (in the sideboard).

List up in a bit, but gently caress is this deck annoying to play on XMage. You can't even pick what colour mana you spend to cast spells, which is really obnoxious when you're floating a bunch of U but want to use your off-colour moxen to play things like Sol Ring and Mana Vault. Oh, and you have to finish stacking your deck with Belcher before the game actually ends, there's no quick "I don't care just shuffle them up" button, and the window walks all the way around the screen as you're doing so.
Right click, uncheck "automatically spend mana in pools". It wasn't until round 2 that I discovered this, and its pretty important in doomsday too. Belcher is a bitch to resolve though. I love how each time you click a card to put on top, the entire window needs to refresh.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

I'm not up on you kids' technology these days, but if someone wants to help me set up a video recording thing, I'll try to set up something so you can hear why I'm making the terrible decisions I'm making.
Do you have Skype or steam that we could use for voice chat? I'd be willing to help you set it up. I also might decide to not be lazy and make a post for the thread on how to set up a stream.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

gang sines posted:

since i overslept you guys can have until noon so i have time to get everyone's list linked and set up pairings

if i don't have a list from you by noon EST i'm gonna drop you tho
I am listed twice in the OP. I don't really mind though, it increases my chances of actually winning!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I can commentate. I will be the rich hagon that asks dumb questions and talks about how yawg will and black lotus go infinite with each other.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

That is odd, and I don't know what to tell you.
I suggest everyone try out xmage to see how it works before just jumping into their match. Its also probably worth having cockatrice set up as a plan B too.

I also went back and edited my decklist post with my availability. I figure most people are going to look at that once pairings go up, and it might make coordination a little bit easier.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

gang sines posted:

thx to locke and jassi for playin the feature match and thanks to march/esporks/BAFH for joining me in commentary. double thanks to everyone who watched us instead of VSL. i'm uploadin the vid now, will post it in the morning.
I had more fun commenting than I thought I would. I would be willing to do more of these.

I also PMed my opponent and ahven't heard from them. So Trilas, I am available most weekdays after 5pm PST and I am almost always in IRC.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 11, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Trilas posted:

My apologies to Gang Sines and eSporks. I took a new position at work last week and have been finding myself with no free time as a result of my hours being shifted and overtime being a thing. I'm going to have to drop and hope that this stabilizes by the time Tunderdome 3 rolls around. Again, very sorry for the pain in the rear end and lack of playing magic this causes.
Don't lie, I scared you off with my 4 leyline of the void.
Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for officially dropping instead of just flaking each week.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I beat Trilas.
Game 1 was pretty cool and had a really weird Doomsday pile. Vintage DD has so many more options than Legacy does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln_hNNSGyIk
Skip to 14:57 if you don't want to watch 10 minutes of me thinking out loud.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 13, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

gang sines posted:

1) Jabor vs eSporks
I'm free most night after 5pm PST and hang out in IRC.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Jabor posted:

I'm well and truly at work by then, so I guess we'll have to do this over the weekend. Will you be around Friday night?
Its likely. What time are you home from work? I could possibly do like 4am PST, but the weekend is probably best.
If we can pick a time on the weekend that would be good, I like to go out mountain biking. PM me if you have it, (I'm on my phone right now)

I could also be home as early as 3PM PST if I have some notice and don't need to work overtime, if that is better for you.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I can probably do commentary again. Just catch me in IRC.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Lonely Bridge posted:

I loving hate xmage. There has to be a way to choose what mana you use, pretty absurd the difference that made. Good games. I think I may have still been able to win even after the mana fuckup but I guess it exploded on you cause the game ended.
Right click. Uncheck "use mana from pools automatically" It bugs out in between games though, so make sure to check and uncheck it again to get it working right.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/esporks playing vs jabor soon

I took it, 2-1.
We had some interesting games. Was a lot of fun.March's server is also borked for the moment.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 21, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Sorry if I missed it being posted, but how many rounds is this swiss?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

black potus posted:

Viscardus [2-0] vs eSporks [2-0]
I am available most days after 5pm PST. I also hang out in IRC a lot.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Viscardus beat me 2-1.

G1 he played some poo poo. I was planning on casting a hurkyl's EOT to bounce his junk and then attempt to go off. He had a sphere of resistance and a lodestone golem in play. He went to cast a metamorph and I had exactly 4 mana for the recall, so I had to do it in response unless he copies a golem.
For some reason xmage was dumb and wanted me to pay 5 for the recall. We played out the next turn as though hurkyl's resolved. He would have been able to replay a lodestone golem. I cast a timewalk just to cantrip. I draw a yawgwill. YW doesn't do much for me except tap me out to cast an ancestral, so I ponder. Ponder flips some cards that aren't going to do it this turn, and thats all I had.

g2 I naturally draw into my one of forest and a trigon predator and stick it on turn 3. Trigon does its thing and I combo him.

g3 I mulled to 5, the hands got no FoW, but it has 2 preordain and an imperial seal. He of course drops turn 1 chalice for 1 and revoker on lotus. I miss all my land drops, draw a hurkyl's I can't cast, and a bunch of 1 mana cantrips.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Viscardus posted:

Look this deck takes a tremendous amount of skill to play, okay? :v:

I don't know what's up with that bug, though. I ran into it once before, too. I think maybe it has something to do with having both Lodestone and another sphere effect out at the same time, like it double-counts the Lodestone or something. Except it doesn't happen all the time, so who even knows. That's Xmage, I guess.
The weird thing is that it made Hurkyl's and Timewalk Cost 5, but Ponder cost the correct 3.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

[lsv]My draws were ok, but my play was perfect.[/lsv]

You can vouch that my draws were absolutely absurd, and I actually screwed up tapping lands a few times where I could have cast more things if I'd left my Academy up. As it turns out, Triple Lodestone Golem + Metamorph isn't the easiest thing to deal with. Well played by Mr. Ranpire and good luck to him in the future.

Edit: I definitely want to watch this video to see what you guys thought.
You pretty much summed up everything we thought.
g1 was just brutal.
g2 was still a massive beating, but it looked like ranpire might have had a chance, even though he didn't.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

He didn't know about your golems, so i think forcing the revoker made sense at the time. In hindsight it was really bad and he should have forced the golem.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

black potus posted:

FEATURE MATCH: eSporks [2-1] v Fingers McLongDong [2-1]
Oh god, I am just imagining mind censor in response to doomsday.
I'm free most days after 5pm PST, and usually in IRC.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

black potus posted:

also for the feature let's do thursday so we don't fight through VSL again
Works for me. Thursday at 5ish PST.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Tonight might be tough, I agreed to work to overtime, but if I am around in IRC and gansines is ready we can do it. If not I should be open pretty much all day Sunday.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

black potus posted:

3) eSporks [2-2] vs MySwan [2-2]
I somehow missed this getting posted.
My availability isn't as open as it used to be, working a lot of overtime. I think I could probably arrange something for 5-7pm PST with some notice, or the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I haven't heard from MySwan, but my schedule also sucks right now. If he shows up he can have the win. If he doesn't, I will take it.

• Locked thread