Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I will play the games. I will post a deck someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I'm having serious personal questions about what deck I should play. I am challenging all of my preconceived notions about reality and wizard poker.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

I wanna play the buehler super league deck but I haven't been on a computer to find it lately.

If you mean Merfolk, that's what I'm going to play.

4 True-name Nemesis
4 Force of Will
4 Mental Misstep
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Time Walk
4 Cursecatcher
2 Null Rod
4 Master of the Pearl Trident
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Silvergill Adept
1 Spell Pierce
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Flusterstorm
1 Ponder
1 Daze
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Wasteland
1 Strip Mine
11 Island
1 Lotus Petal
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire

4 Steel Sabotage
4 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Pithing Needle
2 Dismember
1 Mindbreak Trap
1 Null Rod
1 Hurkyl's Recall
1 Flusterstorm

Edit: Forgot to add lands.

TheLawinator fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 9, 2015

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I'm free evenings for magics.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Lawinator I'm available today until 4est, and probably for a bit after 9:30 p.m. I'll be available all during the day tomorrow and Thursday as well.

I'll be around after 9 then, or tomorrow no rush.

Edit: JK I'll be playing paper magic tonight so tomorrow.

TheLawinator fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 10, 2015

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Deck check for blue spirit guide.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Now that we know the stakes I suggest having a table judge for each game.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

The Lawinator destroyed my hopes and dreams, 2-0. Ggs though, my first vintage game ever!

First time for me too, I got to feel the power of blue cards. Merfolk is pretty fun, got to time walk-ancestral-lotus then cruise and play a couple fish.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

instantrunoffvote posted:

Lawinator, you alive? I haven't heard from you all week.

I'm poo poo how about today?

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I got it 2-0, merfolk are the best. Game 1 I debated keeping the 3 wasteland hand with no blue sources and 2 force, ended up shipping it and getting a nice ancestral/lotus/spell pierce hand. Game 2 I had lotus and null rod along with a wasteland which was quite crippling.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

black potus posted:

law do you want to just play before the legacy finals

Yea let's do a marathon.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

It is a great shame that there seems to be no vod on march hare's stream of my captivating vintage match against potus.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

It's probably game time, I will make myself available in the mid afternoon tomorrow and sunday for game times.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I have now played against shops.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I'mma play shops in the next one.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

2-0 over IBMS in dishonorable fashion.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Alright, this is gonna be good.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Lawinator does sometime tomorrow after 10 pm EST work?

Sure.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

2-0 over Fingers, because vintage.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

We should probably play the game some time, PM me with any times you're available.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I don't want to play on cockatrice, I'll make a mistake and lose!

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I sent him a message the other day but I won't really knock him on that. I installed cockatrice and am available to play most parts of most days, although I need to get this done before next Thursday as I will be leaving the country for 5 weeks and will have better poo poo to do EZ EZ EZ.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

black potus posted:

will you be able to play if you make it to the finals or should i just give him the win anyway :I

Next week, not this week. I'll be ready for ranpire later today.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

2-1 over ranpire, merfucks strike again.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Ranpire posted:

Confirming this.

Game 1: Despite a Lotus + Dack start that drew a lot of cards, I failed to find colored lands and was waste/stripped right outta there. Library, my own Strip Mine, and Mana Crypt all showed up for maximum punishment!

Game 2: Went long, very back and forth with both of us bluffing counterspells but never drawing them. My first Tinker->Blightsteel was bounced by Steel Sabotage, but discarding it and then Snapcaster-Tinkering to get it again worked out.

Game 3: 7 cards, no blue mana and no free counters. 6 cards, 4 lands, Blightsteel, Misstep. 5 card hand had land, Lotus and a Force, seemed all right. Unfortunately I was beaten down quickly, and the cute play of Mana Drain on his uncounterable merfolk to get some mana and Tinker was one turn too late.

I think that wouldn't have worked out anyway, I had a spell pierce (that I was holding up the entire game) and if you mana drained the lord instead of TNN you'd have 1 less mana and not able to pay. Even if you had a counter for that I had enough toughness to block blightsteel for a turn with TNN and then swing lethal. Same number of turns either way.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Ranpire posted:

Yeah, that is true. The actual best play was probably to save Black Lotus instead of popping out Notion Thief.

Yep. Notion Thief did actual nothing I think.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

loving shops, shoulda scooped to ranpire.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

It's not too late to scoop to me.

Also I don't think I can play before Friday.

Kidding. Monday night is probably the best time for me. I'm not sure of my wife's schedule beyond that but I'd rather not have to babysit while I'm playing in the match of my career.

Edit: Scratch that. Tuesday night. I could also play late Sunday night/Monday morning.

Tuesday night should be good for me. If I saw your edit I could have played last night since I was up til 5 AM.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Game 1 I mulled to 4 with no land, that didn't work out.

Game 2 I drew 5 sideboard cards, so that was nice.

Game 3 I had the black lotus mox sapphire silvergill adept lord of atlantis strip mine nuts.

Vintage is great.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I wasn't hoping to play real magic at all. If we played real magic you would be winning an Army of Allah, not me. Shops is brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Yea I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 10 AM. I'll be able to post a photo when I get back, so like beginning of August? My family can tell me when it arrives.

• Locked thread