Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Drunk Nerds posted:

Your cherrypicking examples only help you to feel smug, they dont actually relate to the issue at hand: mentally ill need treatment and often don't realize they are starting a "ruckus" until they get beat dead. The issue is people who are too mentally i to do the thinga you suggest will keep all people out of trouble with the law.

Applying your own personal experience to every other person is a horribly immature and narrow way to go through life.

Id like to see him walk up to all the black people in his office looking like a total douche nozzle asking them about being black around police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

It kind of sucks that the police have taken a pretty hard stance that it's better to kill someone rather than potentially risk their life and the public just sort of accepts this. Like it seems almost painfully obvious that people given extra authority and power in order to serve and protect everyone should be expected to risk their life in order to prevent unnecessary death if push comes to shove but here we are and "i thought he had a weapon or might try to obtain one" is literally all it takes to warrant killing someone. Like if there's even a 10% chance an officer might die in an encounter it's legal for them to kill everyone involved and that seems rear end backwards in term of priorities.

It's not even a statistically dangerous job, like they can afford to start losing a lot more officers before they even start making top 10 of dangerous jobs in america.

yeah its pretty hosed up. When you mix up the type of brain that wants to police others with the ability to drop people with no repercussions you end up with some violent people. Criminal justice majors in college were loving idiots. I cant even imagine what these police forces around the country look like with this stupidity top down.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

JiveHonky posted:

lol I would also like to see this. and also the only black folks he knows are the ones he sees at "the office".

"hey bro, can I ask you a question? I know I yelled at you last week for mopping my feet but I wanted to see if you are one of the black people who have never been in a bad confrontation with the police. You see I believe that 200 years of systemic racism hasn't had a single effect on you and that you all can succeed if you only acted white."

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

The conflation of success with "acting white" is, IMO, one of the most common examples of systemic racism because it essentially alienates Black behavior from success and enforces the subliminal assumption that a Black person cannot be both loyal to his roots and successful at the same time.
The trappings of success: fashion, education, modes of speech, etc... are all branded as "white" things, and Black people who adopt them are seen as somehow inauthentic by both whites and other Blacks.
That is something that needs to change if minorities are to move up in our society. Instead of chiding a Black person for "acting white," in order to get ahead, you should stop and ask yourself why you assume that he must somehow act contrary to his own success in order to "act Black."

I always spin people on their head when I hear them make a criticism of "black culture" or something when I ask them if the world was flipped upside down and they had to make a choice to act black or be poor would they do it. Nobody was willing to act black to not be poor and yet we somehow expect black people to act white to not be poor.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Darth123123 posted:

Pleas invite me to ur next dinner party with the missus

If you are in LA come on by. Sous vide filets, slightly aged cabernets and cigars with bourbon are a standard saturday night. We can talk smugly about what exactly the blacks need to do to become successful.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Darth123123 posted:

Do you have any minority (eg black) friends that can come? I'd like to meet one in a controlled environment.

I do but he is a islander and not the perfect representation of the man you want to meet.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sintax posted:

I'll never understand the cops' need to shoot more than 1 time before reassessing the situation, and there's always that weird delay between shots like they took a couple seconds to think about what they were doing and decided to keep shooting

if he is left alive then they are open to civil lawsuits. Cops are trained to kill once they start shooting you.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

What was all that stuff on the street? Did that guy set up a drat tent on the sidewalk?

you never been to the city before?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sintax posted:

like cops are gonna just start randomly shouting "stop trying to take my gun" or something like that and just make stuff up ya right

actually they do do that. The other video posted had that exact thing happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

kill all cops?

we would be better off with them all replaced with ed-209s

• Locked thread