Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

BossRighteous posted:

Maybe the solution to homelessness can also help relieve police aggression.

youre onto something, lets help these cops make up a final solution to their homeless people problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

people who film in portrait mode deserve police abuse, imo, not poor homeless folk :saddowns:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Applewhite posted:

lol if you run afoul of the cops. It's not hard to obey the law, idiots.

once i was detained and taken to the police station b/c i matched the description for the guy they were looking for

the description in question? black male between 5"7 and 6"3 with dreadlocks

i was in dc

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Guess you'll think twice before sporting what is literally the worst hairstyle.

that would be the topknot, tho

also i find that people who think lowly of dreadlocks tend to be imagining gross white people dreadlocks--why must white people ruin everything

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Applewhite posted:

I don't discriminate, dreadlocks look bad no matter what race you are.

hth, they look infinitely worse on white folk b/c their hair cant naturally twist or lock, so they go about doing weird gross stuff like not washing their hair ever and throwing weird bonding agents into it

to each their own tho

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

amityville anus posted:

Don't correct me if you think I'm wrong white guy dreadlocks are the worst.

they look like strands of poop cascading from their scalps

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Wasn't a black guy. None of my friend's who were up in arms about Eric Garner and Michael Brown are even caring.

I guess only #blacklivesmanner :rolleyes:

uhhh im p sure the homeless guy's a black guy and that it was a black cop who did most of the damage to him

i think it'd be more likely that homeless people dont matter than a race thing. homeless people get beat up on by cops all the time and there's not much uproar b/c gently caress poor people

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Blue Train posted:

dunno what's so complicated about this

if you cant be a violent petty abuser of your power then whats the point of becoming a cop in the first place

theyre not even legally required to protect or serve the communities they police, so it comes down to coercing them

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

And this is why all my Portland friends are scumbag hypocrites.

portland, like austin, is filled with yuppie white liberals who are more concerned with looking like theyre doing the right thing than doing the right thing, yeah

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

DaveSplitter posted:

You picked the wrong day to be black, son.

i mean, DC is called Chocolate City colloquially. sure that wont be the case in like a decade thanks to gentrification (i mean ffs theyre trying to gentrify anacostia, good luck with that) but, like, im sure there were hundreds of dudes they could've pulled off the street that fit that broad description

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

What was the name of the thing that your avatar is from

too many cooks

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Well we are all pretty racist hth

it baffles me at to why white people beat themselves up so much and dip into masturbatory white guilting themselves b/c, like, of course youre racist and have racist thoughts actions and inclinations b/c we exist in a racial hegemony. stop being so loving basic and move on to helping things change or whatever

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ethanol posted:

you're right, I'm totally done feeling bad about slavery. such a weight off my mind, thank you

I dunno why you would feel personally responsible for slavery. poo poo. There are more modern grievances that minorities can cite that you could beat yourself up on because chances are your parents and maybe grandparents benefitted from them (redlining is one of them).

Like. If you actually wanted to he racially progressive you wouldn't go all white guilt about stuff (because it helps no one and is all boo-hoo, poor white me for being white and privileged) and just accept that society is set up to benefit whites to the detriment of nonwhites, that this prolly taints every thought and interaction you have with nonwhites, then you go about watching yourself for when you inevitably so or do something racist and accept the reproach you get from minorities seeking to point out 'hey that's racist' rather than getting all butthurt about how you could never be racist because you remember that society is set up to lead you to racist conclusions. :shrug:

But that requires too much introspection for most and so racism tends to get a pass

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Applewhite posted:

*all white people transcend their racism and convert into beings of pure energy on reading Nutranurse's post*

Ball of blinding light (with innocent, childlike voice): Thank you for freeing us, Nutranurse.

*Ascends into sky*

were it only that easy b/c then we could kill 2 birds with one stone by getting rid of whitey and fossil fuels

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

a large trout posted:

keep going I'm almost there
_________________/

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

:gizz:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Applewhite posted:

The conflation of success with "acting white" is, IMO, one of the most common examples of systemic racism because it essentially alienates Black behavior from success and enforces the subliminal assumption that a Black person cannot be both loyal to his roots and successful at the same time.
The trappings of success: fashion, education, modes of speech, etc... are all branded as "white" things, and Black people who adopt them are seen as somehow inauthentic by both whites and other Blacks.
That is something that needs to change if minorities are to move up in our society. Instead of chiding a Black person for "acting white," in order to get ahead, you should stop and ask yourself why you assume that he must somehow act contrary to his own success in order to "act Black."

most people ive met who've chided me for acting white and not acting black have been white people, hth

it's really not a case of black people holding black people down, moreso white people being uncomfortable with someone acting against a stereotype b/c that's how ya'll neatly rationalize perpetuating a racial hegemony

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

huskarl_marx posted:

yea way to flip it around on them

see what i find absurd about the post is that it presupposes that black people don't already know that black people can come in all sorts of varieties (ofc we do we're loving black and have varied interests that we talk to each other about) and that its the all-knowing white people who truly recognize us for the many differences between one black guy to the next. it's straight up ivory tower bullshit that comes from never actually speaking with black people at length but musing about them among other white folk

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Does he have big muscles?

How EXTREME INSERTION Got Her Groove Back

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

I mean for real how do you look at that video and not go 'wow what pussies they couldn't handle 1 dude after he was already on the ground and had to shoot him'

its easy, you just approach the video the same way cleveland approached tamir rice and call the black person in question a hulking behemoth just two seconds away from getting a stone cold stunner off and killing everyone in a 2 mile radius

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

how me a frog posted:

America, where police can murder a man on video and get away with it. Why aren't you guys terrified?

ur average gbs posters too white for cops to fear for their lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Jesus...holy poo poo...these black males...are WMDs!!!

that 12-year-old needed to be shot lest he have grown up and turned in his air rifle for his real guns, his cop-crushing mega-muscle arms

• Locked thread