Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
hang on, just going to try to take this cop's gun from him but i DO NOT expect to get shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

nutranurse posted:

see what i find absurd about the post is that it presupposes that black people don't already know that black people can come in all sorts of varieties (ofc we do we're loving black and have varied interests that we talk to each other about) and that its the all-knowing white people who truly recognize us for the many differences between one black guy to the next. it's straight up ivory tower bullshit that comes from never actually speaking with black people at length but musing about them among other white folk

lmao stfu bitch

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
literally lolling at the people of every race here making sweeping generalizations about black or white people

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
^^^pretty much that

Profondo Rosso posted:

hahaha this is the dumbest thing. literally all of my black friends have stories about getting hassled by the cops and they're rich kids from the burbs
edit: im picturing dwight from the office going up to a random black dude and just going "how about those cops, pretty good guys eh? i never had any trouble with them, same with you right haha"

All of my friends and I have been hassled by cops a few times and we are white middle class. I've been arrested before. I've been treated unfairly. So what bitch.

e. i didn't die because i never tried to fight a cop or take his gun

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I've been pulled over a number of times simply for driving through towns at 1am as a teenager. The cops will find a bullshit reason to pull you over just to see if they can catch you doing something. It has nothing to do with race in every instance.

But if I was black I would of course cite race as the reason.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

SHARTING BEAR posted:

if you are black cops will shoot you either way, hth

yeah man i mean cops aren't even real people they are all just murderers waiting to kill anyone browner than thou

It's not okay to make sweeping generalizations about certain groups of people but other groups of people it is fine to do it for. This is the liberal agenda folks.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
See the irony is I'm making sweeping generalizations about liberals.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I am the black people doing nothing wrong except the crimes I'm being arrested for, resisting arrest, attacking police with their batons, punching police, biting police, and trying to take a deadly weapon from a policeman presumably to use it against the police. Please do not shoot me lest you be racist.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Sintax posted:

sounds like a crime worthy of 5 bullets to the chest in a public place, the judge has spoken

okay you strap a gun to your hip an in a struggle i'll start to take it from its holster and you just please wait to see what I use it for before you react.

whoa wait is this the homeless man on the street that is fighting police and taking their guns? this is a new weird angle that totally changed my opinion on the subject

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
A question for GBS

You are a group of police. You are struggling to cuff some crazy retard homeless person. He begins to remove a gun from another police officer's holster. What is your next move?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
No, the gun is in the homeless man's hands. If you back away it will fully be his gun. This is your perception in this split second you have to react.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Sintax posted:

I get it man, 5 police officers are no physical match for an under-fed homeless person, shoot him dead, i get it man

So your fellow police officers deserve death because they are bad at wrestling? The alleged criminal assumes no responsibility for his actions?

Wow, hosed up and rude.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

SHARTING BEAR posted:

uh, so are the points you are trying to make in this thread about this incident only? I'm confused

Yes, in reference to what I was saying depending on what page you quote me from. Those are different conversations within the same thread. I know this is a crazy concept.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Like fer realz everyone here is a hypocritical liar if they think they would have waited to see what the homeless man would do with their gun when it was taken from them. This of course provided if that is indeed what was happening. We can't see for sure what was going on so it's one of two things:

he was getting the gun, which in case shoot him

the cops lied, which is bad

If you believe anything else then good luck in court some day

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
lol, lot of experts here

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

SHARTING BEAR posted:

the problem is that it's easier to believe that the cops are lying

based on seeing at least 20 videos on youtube of bad conduct meanwhile billions of arrests and interactions with police occur BILLIONS OF TIMES ALL THE TIME

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Chinatown posted:

lol you are a literal dick taking human being with all your care-hard posts about this

you think you're anime raiden

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
just chinatown here coming into thread gettin 'em good when they write more than one line lmao

e. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703953

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

SHARTING BEAR posted:

when year did you graduate from the academy?

i shot your dog

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah, not two cops though, just civilians. And I'm pretty sure it was just one veteran actually. And still they didn't use armed response to take him down.

Seriously if a dude that 5 of you are pinning down can actually get your gun and shoot you with it you shouldn't be a cop then, sorry.

wow it's almost like you weren't completely honest in your first post

majority gbs opinion: police should die if they are bad at wrestling

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
why if i was that wrestling cop i'd have subdued that crazy homeless person

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Orkin Mang posted:

dont they have tasers and batons

they tasered him but it didn't work

pepper spray and tasers don't work too well on some people

Pepper spray fucks me up bad, but I've seen other people go through training courses like they weren't even sprayed.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Moridin920 posted:

yeah and you hear a taser going off in the video so either they tased the dude and then interpreted his flailing arm as reaching for a gun, or they missed with it from a foot away like they're bad video game AI, or they just killed that dude because gently caress him he's homeless.

either of those 3 situations means they are lovely cops imo

lol if you think there is some grand conspiracy of police to kill a man in broad daylight on video

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Sintax posted:

Can you maybe just admit that cops are generally weak little scaredy-pants men terrified by hobos and black children

no actually they are usually ex military and wya more powerful than you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBzCJ3kBgbQ

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Moridin920 posted:

no wonder ISIS is kicking our butts then

who's us? are you out there fighting isis? You could wrestle a crazed retard strength hobo though right

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Moridin920 posted:

lol im sorry I didn't realize the cops were but mortals in a sea of supervillains and ill adjusted stone cold steve austin clones

Get this, cops are normal every day people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

ArbitraryC posted:

If I hand a guy a gun, can I then kill him for being a potential threat to my life?

What if i dangle a gun menacingly towards someone and they take it from me, can I kill them for being a potential threat to my life?

What level of culpability do I have for actively putting myself in a life threatening situation and then deciding to use lethal force to get out of it?

yeah i mean if they were just fighting you and you are trying to arrest them

In the GBS future world police attempt arrest for 2 seconds then give up or they are professional wrestlers and subdue people in .5 seconds

• Locked thread