Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
And no one gives courtesy honks. My new job requires me to make bi-weekly incursions into Southern Georgia from north florida, and as soon as I cross state lines it's like I'm driving with a bunch of goddamn savages. Someone merges lanes? No courtesy honk. Brakes? No courtesy honk. Starts moving again after coming to a stop? No courtesy honk. I'm going to need an amphetamine prescription to maintain the level of focus required to drive alongside these knuckleheads.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 257 days!)

wat

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
What the gently caress is a courtesy honk? Honking is for when that stupid motherfucker is trying to change lanes and isn't paying attention to your car in the physical space his wants to occupy. Learn how to drive redneck.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i gave your moms boob a courtesy honk

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Bringing goodwill onto the road is for pussies and dumb fuckers. I cut everyone off and stopped using my turn signals this year because gently caress that.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

amityville anus posted:

Bringing goodwill onto the road is for pussies and dumb fuckers. I cut everyone off and stopped using my turn signals this year because gently caress that.

i stopped talking to a girl because she drove like this. didnt tell her that though lol

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

1gnoirents posted:

i stopped talking to a girl because she drove like this. didnt tell her that though lol

So you're a pussy?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
haha wtf

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Honestly you have no idea how bad some people can drive. Try driving around in Boston, Connecticut, or NYC. Then start complaining about your stupid loving courtesy honks.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
no one outside of your hosed up limp dick state gives courtesy honks, op

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
another quality redhisrt thraed.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

Same.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

moar liek redshitr

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

1gnoirents posted:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I've never heard of a courtesy honk, likely no one north of the Mason-Dixon has.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've never heard of a courtesy honk, likely no one north of the Mason-Dixon has.

we dont do that poo poo the south, op is tarded

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
by the way congrats on your job stocking vending machines op

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

honking is rude OP :colbert:

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Windows 98 posted:

Honestly you have no idea how bad some people can drive. Try driving around in Boston, Connecticut, or NYC. Then start complaining about your stupid loving courtesy honks.

I'm the guy riding inches from your bumper in the left lane not honking, but holding down the horn, because get the gently caress out of the way idiot

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Pawn 17 posted:

honking is rude OP :colbert:

Maybe for the Inferiors & Histrionics who perceive it as a personal insult. In the south, it is a way for courteous motorists to provide feedback to those around them in service of greater road safety.

----------------

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
This is why I've always thought cars should have two horns: one that is friendly, to be used to alert someone the light has changed, to inform someone you're waiting for them outside their house, or to greet someone you know walking in the street; and the other would be the one we have now, designed to annoy people into noticing you. Life would be so much more civil!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
In my life, I have only experienced "courtesy honks" in developing nations with lovely, narrow roads.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Narciss posted:

In the south

You say this as though it includes Florida

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
florida georgia line is a good band

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
if everyone did courtesy honks in a city it would be insane

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

There are a multitude of alternative, albeit visual, indicators of intent while driving.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

BossRighteous posted:

There are a multitude of alternative, albeit visual, indicators of intent while driving.

Not all of us are blessed with the over-developed faculties of social awareness necessary to pick up on the 'visual cues' you claim to display while driving.

----------------

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Narciss posted:

Not all of us are blessed with the over-developed faculties of social awareness necessary to pick up on the 'visual cues' you claim to display while driving.

drive yourself off a cliff op

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Blue Train posted:

drive yourself off a cliff op

I'm already unwillingly hitched to the economy Obama is doing this with.

----------------

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
didnt know u guys had roads

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The only time I've even heard of "courtesy honks" is when gabriel iglesias was describing driving in India.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbHLBwVWuEM&t=506s

Are you Indian OP?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My army friend who rides a motorcycle tells me that he frequently punches out side rear view mirrors of people who drive like jerks around motorcycles

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Saw the title and thought the thread was going to be about Tifton or Café Risque

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

amityville anus posted:

My army friend who rides a motorcycle tells me that he frequently punches out side rear view mirrors of people who drive like jerks around motorcycles

weird that your army friend would be a psychopath

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Baracula posted:

weird that your army friend would be a psychopath

kinda surprised nobody decided 'well gently caress you too' and drove over him a few dozen times

this is why cars are superior

ChuckHead
Jun 24, 2004

2000 years Assholes.

Narciss posted:

I'm already unwillingly hitched to the economy Obama is doing this with.

The economy is doing great OP.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
courtesy honks are for the third world and former soviet states where proficient driving is novelty

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
let me tell you, those people in [state] sure are bad drivers.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LegoPirateNinja posted:

courtesy honks are for the third world and former soviet states where proficient driving is novelty
He's driving in Georgia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

dMastri posted:

I'm the guy riding inches from your bumper in the left lane not honking, but holding down the horn, because get the gently caress out of the way idiot

Truth.

Also if you don't immediately jerk your car into the right lane after passing them and scream, "IS THIS SO HARD!?" you fuckin did it wrong.

• Locked thread