Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Narciss posted:

And no one gives courtesy honks. My new job requires me to make bi-weekly incursions into Southern Georgia from north florida, and as soon as I cross state lines it's like I'm driving with a bunch of goddamn savages. Someone merges lanes? No courtesy honk. Brakes? No courtesy honk. Starts moving again after coming to a stop? No courtesy honk. I'm going to need an amphetamine prescription to maintain the level of focus required to drive alongside these knuckleheads.

It's cool, they don't understand courtesy rapes I hand out for free.

What you gonna do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Narciss posted:

And no one gives courtesy honks. My new job requires me to make bi-weekly incursions into Southern Georgia from north florida, and as soon as I cross state lines it's like I'm driving with a bunch of goddamn savages. Someone merges lanes? No courtesy honk. Brakes? No courtesy honk. Starts moving again after coming to a stop? No courtesy honk. I'm going to need an amphetamine prescription to maintain the level of focus required to drive alongside these knuckleheads.

You're from Florida anyway who gives a poo poo

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Blue Train posted:

lol there's no reason you should be going under 80 at the bare minimum on the interstate

I've heard that if a cop pulls you over for speeding and gives you a ticket, you have to pay it right there or risk going to jail. Is this true? It is for this reason alone I drive around the speed limit on the very few occasions I've been driving in your lovely country. Which is full of excellent drivers, by the way.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yo for real don't honk at anyone in Texas ever unless you're ready to die. IDK where you guys get the idea that shits OK but I think I just figured out whats wrong with Florida...

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The B_36 posted:

I've heard that if a cop pulls you over for speeding and gives you a ticket, you have to pay it right there or risk going to jail. Is this true? It is for this reason alone I drive around the speed limit on the very few occasions I've been driving in your lovely country. Which is full of excellent drivers, by the way.

no, that's called a bribe. you go to the courthouse by the date written on the ticket and pay there. if you're from another country I'd just not pay tho

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's because everyone that lives in Georgia hates life OP

that said if you honk every time you merge or brake you should have your license revoked

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

thathonkey posted:

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to extol the virtues of how people drive up north which is also known as batshit

Dunno what kind of rural hick highways youre referring to but on the big interstates even in the south people drive fast as poo poo... Talkin like 75, 85, 95

This was the 85 although granted it was late at night (although really late night driving should be faster because there are less people around and even more importantly, less cops). I'd be going a mere 10 over the speed limit and would be passing everybody. There was even a few motherfuckers that wouldn't get the gently caress out of the left lane after I flashed my highbeams so by virtue of learning to drive in Michigan/Ontario I had to pass on the right because shaving 20 seconds off your drive time is far more important than obeying the law, having consideration for other human beings or not dying a fiery death.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
lol stay the gently caress in Florida. The sole purpose of a car's born is to blare "NO, gently caress YOOOUUU" at other motorists.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Whenever I see an out of state plate I do my best to actively menace the operator until they gently caress off back to jersey

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
go back t oflorida and break your car

also break other floridians cars tia

also this

amityville anus posted:

Whenever I see an out of state plate I do my best to actively menace the operator until they gently caress off back to jersey

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

amityville anus posted:

Our state has the county of issue on the tags as well, so. I take it one step further.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

dMastri posted:

I'm the guy riding inches from your bumper in the left lane not honking, but holding down the horn, because get the gently caress out of the way idiot

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Am I crazy, or is it only recently that people have been using their turn signals less often? Like, within the last two years its become noticeably worse.

Nah, I'm probably crazy.

Edit: Also, if I'm behind you at a stop light, it turns green, and you don't move forward within 1.5 seconds, prepare for a vicious honking.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 260 days!)

Lt. Chips posted:

Am I crazy, or is it only recently that people have been using their turn signals less often? Like, within the last two years its become noticeably worse.

Nah, I'm probably crazy.

Edit: Also, if I'm behind you at a stop light, its turned green, and you haven't moved forward within 1.5 seconds, prepare for a vicious honking.

could just follow old people everywhere and you are guaranteed to have one with a blinker on for several miles.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

SHARTING BEAR posted:

Ohio doesn't understand the purpose of the left lane at all, it gets me really lathered up

confirmed

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

ChuckHead posted:

The economy is doing great OP.

Ahahaha not sucking as bad and getting better from lower gas prices but great, no way.

Fake edit: Maybe for 1% ers that got bailed out by Obama sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bump

• Locked thread