Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This is a good idea
Yes!
Absolutely!
View Results

• Locked thread
SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Do you guys think technical interviews should be done in a way that the interviewer doesn't know whether the applicant is male or female, black or white, autist or normie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
us white men would just create a code to let the other guy know we are white

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Valeyard posted:

Cis het white males code like this.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
just say "yosposbithc" but kind of like a sneeze

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPkKEttKIQU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJFZ4qFOd6w&t=74s

this is what happens behind the screens

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Do you guys think technical interviews should be done in a way that the interviewer doesn't know whether the applicant is male or female, black or white, autist or normie?

they could probably tell if theyre female op, or at least if they're girly or manly

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
only if smells can permeate through

DimpledChad
May 14, 2002
Rigging elections since '87.
Interestingly, symphony orchestras have done this for their auditions for a long time.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Valeyard posted:

*wears llbean caucasianally"

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

DimpledChad posted:

Interestingly, symphony orchestras have done this for their auditions for a long time.
i think thats the joke???

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

some companies have started "blinding" resumes by removing names and any other gender-specific info

did europe get rid of including headshots on cvs yet?

qirex fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 2, 2015

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Linguica posted:

i think thats the joke???

Not a joke. Just want a sufferable opinion from yosposters. Shsc would be a shitstorm of insufferable opinions.

Just finished blink. I knew everyone was subconsciously racist and sexist, but I didn't know how much it impacted our rational thinking.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
technical screening ahahahah

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

i wish all my human interactions could be done from behind a screen

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
a small hole in the screen

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

interviews should be conducted in scramble suits

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
all interviewees should have to pass a turing test imo

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yes, behind gnu screen ideally

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

big scary monsters posted:

all interviewees should have to pass a turing test imo

Reaction time is a factor in this, so please pay attention. Now, answer as quickly as you can.
It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet. How do you react?
Gavin Newsom: I don’t have anything to put in it. I would thank them and move on.

TW: You’ve got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly collection plus the killing jar. What do you do?
GN: I would tell him to… You know what? I wouldn’t know how to respond. How’s that for an answer? Is this a psychological test? I’m worried…

TW: They’re just questions, Gavin. In answer to your query, they’re written down for me. It’s a test, designed to provoke an emotional response.
GN: Oh, I got you.

TW: Shall we continue?
GN: Sure.

TW: You’re watching television. Suddenly you realize there’s a wasp crawling on your arm. How would you react?
GN: I would quietly sit and wait for the wasp to move to the next victim.

TW: You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, Gavin, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back, Gavin. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that, Gavin?
GN: [Immediately] Not a chance. I would never flip the tortoise over in the first place.

TW: Describe in single words, only the good things that come into your mind. About your mother.
GN: Ethics. Commitment. Sacrifice.

CONCLUSION: Almost too close to call. Almost.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice weed convo

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
but then how would we know not to employ olds?

are we supposed to just sneak in fortran questions and hope they answer them?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

qirex posted:

did europe get rid of including headshots on cvs yet?

you're not allowed to do it in france if you have >50 people but that only covers about half of all employees

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
technical interviews and actually everything about technical jobs should be done behind a screen to hide the shame from those who Do Labor

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
your posts should pass through a screen on their way to yospos, so that fewer make it through

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
LOVE headshots on resume. Hell, if it included measurements and sexual proclivities that'd be even better. Some raven haired babe, size 0, 36DD who loves to gently caress in supply closets? Hell, I don't care if she been to DeVry - that bitch is IN

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Smythe posted:

LOVE headshots on resume. Hell, if it included measurements and sexual proclivities that'd be even better. Some raven haired babe, size 0, 36DD who loves to gently caress in supply closets? Hell, I don't care if she been to DeVry - that bitch is IN

dont forget sizze 1 or 2, gotta love them + size girls

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Smythe posted:

this but unironically

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Smythe posted:

I thought you liked gay bdsm?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i think women in the workplace should be forced to wear a burqua, so yes op

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
but really though, aren't we all behind a screen, in some way?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

but really though, aren't we all behind a screen, in some way?

not in live theatre bitch. nothing between you and the audience. completely naked, alone, and isolated out there. imagine doing a 1 person play. or being a standup comic. holy poo poo

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
you can tell anyways, op, by looking at the code

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
white people code like this *types at an average speed and noise level, comments code appropriately*

black people code like (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
But then how would I discriminate against anime shirt wearers and video game tattoo havers?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
everyone should have to wear a burqa and a voice modulator. it's the only way to make white men not racist

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Doc Block posted:

But then how would I discriminate against anime shirt wearers and video game tattoo havers?

Well boss, now you done it. Post your fit. Post what you are wearing. Immediately.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:siren: post the fit or get the bate

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this is a trick question any interviewer that has not sacrificed at least one eye to mimir has not the wisdom to judge my worthiness as an employee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

:siren: post the fit or get the bate

I am wearing a blue shirt and jeans

:siren:

• Locked thread