Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/what-is-sleep/

What is Sleep, my consistently ongoing progressive/metal/djent solo project is finally (after years of releasing demos) releasing an album later this year, entitled "ENTRANCER"! I use a range of 6, 7, and 8 string guitars on my tracks, Superior Drummer 2 for my drums, and do all my guitar processing through my Line 6 POD HD. For years I used Sony Acid as my DAW, but just recently switched over to Reaper, and I'm absolutely loving it.

Right now, the music for the album is about 1/3 of the way done, and I'm definitely well into the pre-production phase of recording. I'm getting my final tones dialed in, and hope to start recording "master" takes on the tracks in the next few months. The entire recording process is taking place in my small home recording studio, so it's been a bit of a challenge, but I think it sounds somewhat decent.

I'd appreciate any constructive criticism, but take into consideration that these are all still demos.
I'm also beyond happy to explain any part of my recording process, as I love to help others discover and explore the joyous hell we call "home recording". I've got a good 4 years of home recording experience, so I know a thing or two, but still have tons to learn.

Take a listen, and I hope you enjoy!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

iRoNgHosT fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

loving digging it man, good poo poo. Can't wait to see you start finishing this poo poo. If you're ever interested in doing any compilation stuff hit me up I'd love to rip out a track with you.

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
Yeah, this is good! I feel like venturing on a quest listening to it!

Though I'm not too keen on those crash cymbals. That might be because they aren't real.. other than that, I'm following!

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com

Death by Cranes posted:

Yeah, this is good! I feel like venturing on a quest listening to it!

Though I'm not too keen on those crash cymbals. That might be because they aren't real.. other than that, I'm following!

Hell yeah! That's definitely the vibe I'm going for!

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm working on this project daily now, and really considering changing the name of the project though. It's been What is Sleep since I started recording in 2011 (and was working grave shifts) and really want to change it to "Agilancer" to better reflect who I am now.

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.

iRoNgHosT posted:

... really considering changing the name of the project though. It's been What is Sleep

I like the name, but yeah it could be more fitting. Man, choosing a band name is a horrible process.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com

Death by Cranes posted:

I like the name, but yeah it could be more fitting. Man, choosing a band name is a horrible process.

Yeah, it is. The band's I've played in have always had terrible names. My first band (which I was in for a decade as the front man, trying to make it big on the late 90s, early 2000s post grunge movement) was called Fusion Ball, then I was in an absolutely terrible "melodic death metal" band called Skeleratus. The current band I play bass in has the super generic name "The Rise, The Fall".

I've actually switched over to Agilancer. I even bought Agilancer.com, and have a little website going, with more to be added in the future.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
NEW SONG UP!

https://soundcloud.com/what-is-sleep/could-you-survive-a-day-in-my-mind/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com

iRoNgHosT posted:

http://www.soundcloud.com/what-is-sleep/

What is Sleep, my consistently ongoing progressive/metal/djent solo project is finally (after years of releasing demos) releasing an album later this year, entitled "ENTRANCER"! I use a range of 6, 7, and 8 string guitars on my tracks, Superior Drummer 2 for my drums, and do all my guitar processing through my Line 6 POD HD. For years I used Sony Acid as my DAW, but just recently switched over to Reaper, and I'm absolutely loving it.

Right now, the music for the album is about 1/3 of the way done, and I'm definitely well into the pre-production phase of recording. I'm getting my final tones dialed in, and hope to start recording "master" takes on the tracks in the next few months. The entire recording process is taking place in my small home recording studio, so it's been a bit of a challenge, but I think it sounds somewhat decent.

I'd appreciate any constructive criticism, but take into consideration that these are all still demos.
I'm also beyond happy to explain any part of my recording process, as I love to help others discover and explore the joyous hell we call "home recording". I've got a good 4 years of home recording experience, so I know a thing or two, but still have tons to learn.

Take a listen, and I hope you enjoy!

LATEST SONG :
https://soundcloud.com/what-is-sleep/could-you-survive-a-day-in-my-mind

• Locked thread