Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stik3

From President of the colonies to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

It's where they accidentally tore the sky open, and they're there until a smaller, invisible plane sews them up.

google THIS

because they're raining down mind control poison (thanks, Obama)

joke_explainer

Those trails are called contrails, and they're generally caused by condensation of water vapor from the exhaust of a jet. Jet fuel is a complex hydrochemical that doesn't melt steel beams but it does contain solid particulates and water vapor. Why they can stick around so long is dependent entirely on the humidity and temperature of the area they are formed, but they are essentially artificial clouds: What allows clouds to stick around for so long?

Basically it's a suspension of ice crystals or water droplets. In the right conditions, they can grow and persist for hours, but they're basically just water and really not all that different than a regular cloud. Contrail formation can also be seen on wingtips sans any burnt fuel, just form changes in air pressure triggering cloud formation.

BIG BIC SQUAD

Security Drone posted:

Jet fuel is a complex hydrochemical that doesn't melt steel beams

:eyepop:

A Time To Chill

lizard people

joke_explainer

haha, it was just a little joke poking fun at conspiracy theorists. jet fuel can certainly weaken steel and if you can melt steel with concentrated heat from coal, you can certainly do the same with jet fuel in the right conditions.

Stormyish

it's really big sky writing by the government
if you were in space you'd see what it'd say, but laymen aren't allowed in the ISS, so we can't

Stik3

From President of the colonies to this.

Funnypost Collabo posted:

It's where they accidentally tore the sky open, and they're there until a smaller, invisible plane sews them up.

what happens if the little planes are late and they don't get to sew the sky up?

verily carefree

when you gotta go you gotta go

verily carefree

monf posted:

when you gotta go you gotta go

this applies to everyone, even planes

treasure bear

it's the dinosaur ghosts from the fuel planes use

normally you dont see them come out of cars because cars are much smaller and the ghosts fall through the ground

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
that plane peeing clouds lmao

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pro Target

Jett posted:

because they're raining down mind control poison (thanks, Obama)

haha. thats a really funny "joke" because its cool to hate "conspiracy theorists" (who are right 99% of the time).wow turns otu basically every non-lunatic conspiracy is actually true and even if they arent its a lot ebtter to be skeptical of hegemonic oppressive institutions than to feel a false sense of superiority about how dumb other people are

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

It's not poison, it's mind control gas. duh

fuck. marry. t-rex

Pro Target posted:

haha. thats a really funny "joke" because its cool to hate "conspiracy theorists" (who are right 99% of the time).wow turns otu basically every non-lunatic conspiracy is actually true and even if they arent its a lot ebtter to be skeptical of hegemonic oppressive institutions than to feel a false sense of superiority about how dumb other people are

Finally deflurodated my water supply.

ron color

Pro Target posted:

joke_explainer

well, i don't mean to discredit any brave conspiracy finding patriots or anything. but even if you did have mind control chemicals and wanted to spread them on the population, there would be far smarter ways to do it than to try to put them in contrails. like in the water supply, where they wouldn't have to involve millions of airplane workers every week and swear them to secrecy to keep up the scam. also, there would be huge vast stretches of land where they'd be wasting their mind control serum on empty land and water.

i never get why a central point of so many conspiracy theories always revolves around some simple to notice thing that is actually nefarious. like I had a friend who was obsessed with 9/11 and thought the dollar bill was somehow a clue about 9/11. here's a dramatization of our conversation that day.

friend: "see, if you fold the dollar bill like this and like this, you can make the twin towers. it's clear evidence the illuminati set up the controlled demolition of the towers."

me: "with an arbitrary number of folds, and the variety of shapes on the dollar bill, you can probably make it depict a huge number of pictures and shapes. just look at game tags and such online dude, you can do a whole lot with basic moving around symbols and shapes."

friend: "this is OBVIOUSLY intentional"

me: "okay, let's assume you are right, and some vast conspiracy that controls whats on the dollar bills also did plan the destruction of the towers. why did they want to tip you off? why would they include a clue for people to find? life is not a murder mystery, why would they have any reason to provide any evidence to people for their goals? they would intentionally have had to pay tons of people to make this happen, and like, 30 years before the attack would even take place."

friend: "it's specifically to taunt people like me who aren't too stupid to see it!! they like to laugh at us when we find their clues and know there's nothing we can do to make people see!"

conspiracy theories are hosed up imo. Basically I think its a side effect of when people learn that not everything they see and hear is true, and they go too far in doubting it, to the point of assuming impossible falsehoods. it takes generally very intelligent people and tells them, literally no bit of information you can glean from any source can be trusted and basically turns them into useless paranoid people.

conspiracies do happen of course, but they're generally tiny things, and the more important they are the harder they are to keep secret. healthy skepticism is a great thing, but unhealthy skepticism (to the point of, say, freaking out about contrails despite the vast library of information on what they are, how they form, and the total impracticality of any sort of system to stock, maintain, and spray chemicals (wouldn't it be even better for them to spray a chemical that didn't leave a trail?) from every commercial and private jet in the country) is a terrifying thing that can really hamper your happiness.

Grass Effect

Security Drone posted:

well, i don't mean to discredit any brave conspiracy finding patriots or anything. but even if you did have mind control chemicals and wanted to spread them on the population, there would be far smarter ways to do it than to try to put them in contrails. like in the water supply, where they wouldn't have to involve millions of airplane workers every week and swear them to secrecy to keep up the scam. also, there would be huge vast stretches of land where they'd be wasting their mind control serum on empty land and water.

i never get why a central point of so many conspiracy theories always revolves around some simple to notice thing that is actually nefarious. like I had a friend who was obsessed with 9/11 and thought the dollar bill was somehow a clue about 9/11. here's a dramatization of our conversation that day.

friend: "see, if you fold the dollar bill like this and like this, you can make the twin towers. it's clear evidence the illuminati set up the controlled demolition of the towers."

me: "with an arbitrary number of folds, and the variety of shapes on the dollar bill, you can probably make it depict a huge number of pictures and shapes. just look at game tags and such online dude, you can do a whole lot with basic moving around symbols and shapes."

me: "okay, let's assume you are right, and some vast conspiracy that controls whats on the dollar bills also did plan the destruction of the towers. why did they want to tip you off? why would they include a clue for people to find? life is not a murder mystery, why would they have any reason to provide any evidence to people for their goals? they would intentionally have had to pay tons of people to make this happen, and like, 30 years before the attack would even take place."

friend: "it's specifically to taunt people like me who aren't too stupid to see it!! they like to laugh at us when we find their clues and know there's nothing we can do to make people see!"

conspiracy theories are hosed up imo. Basically I think its a side effect of when people learn that not everything they see and hear is true, and they go too far in doubting it, to the point of assuming impossible falsehoods. it takes generally very intelligent people and tells them, literally no bit of information you can glean from any source can be trusted and basically turns them into useless paranoid people.

conspiracies do happen of course, but they're generally tiny things, and the more important they are the harder they are to keep secret. healthy skepticism is a great thing, but unhealthy skepticism (to the point of, say, freaking out about contrails despite the vast library of information on what they are, how they form, and the total impracticality of any sort of system to stock, maintain, and spray chemicals (wouldn't it be even better for them to spray a chemical that didn't leave a trail?) from every commercial and private jet in the country) is a terrifying thing that can really hamper your happiness.

you should work for the NSA

fuck. marry. t-rex

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Finally deflurodated my water supply.

Stormyish

yes but how would you know that you're hypnotized, though?
can't prove you aren't
chemtrails win again

deep dish peat moss

If the mind control chemicals aren't controlling your mind then either they're not very good chemicals or you don't have a mind to control.

joke_explainer

Ivy posted:

you should work for the NSA

That's a great example of a 'real' conspiracy. Difficult, very expensive, not very secretive, discussed by actual professionals in the field for over a decade. (Computer security experts have assumed bulk data collection by the NSA has been going on for years; you can find the kind of bulk packet inspection machines they've used in the past like the Narus Insight and stuff from pre-2008 companies and such.). I mean, there's healthy skepticism there. Chemtrails tho? Nah. But you had 'black chambers' and such in datacenter across the country for quite some time now. This wasn't some lunatic fringe talking about it, but you know, the people in charge of internet security and everyone just ignored it until the Snowden docs came down.

ron color
security drone has a special microphone that lets him say or think words and they appear on his computer screen. that computer is a really old computer but he makes it work fast like a 2015 computer

deep dish peat moss

Security Drone knows better than to transmit his thoughts through wifi.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I keep reading steaks instead of streaks and, hell, I'd eat a mind-control steak

joke_explainer

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I keep reading steaks instead of streaks and, hell, I'd eat a mind-control steak

with a perfected reverse-sear method with a butter-basted finish, the only thing about your mind my steaks will control would be your satisfaction. it'd set it to high. also your compliance with expansion of government powers

cuntman.net

Security Drone posted:

i dunno hes got a point here

Stormyish

Security Drone posted:

with a perfected reverse-sear method with a butter-basted finish, the only thing about your mind my steaks will control would be your satisfaction. it'd set it to high. also your compliance with expansion of government powers

the marbling will blow your mind
and then reassemble it into a perfectly obedient form

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Security Drone posted:

Those trails are called contrails,

AMEN BROTHER ITS THE GOVERNMENT GIVIN OUR KIDS AUTISM

RON PAUL 2016 SAVE US.

----------------

google THIS

so wait if I just make up a random conspiracy theory I have a 99% chance of being right? I may need to get in on this

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

Security Drone posted:

'ed.

----------------

joke_explainer

i know pro target is not serious. i'm just speaking from the heart, and kind of missing my friend who went crazy about the whole dollar bill thing...

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
then the one who was trolled is....me?

----------------

ron color

Pro Target

Security Drone posted:

youre a nevertouched nerd with an rear end as pale as a summer moon

Grass Effect

Pro Target posted:

i mean technically you're right, I doubt robots have sex frequently

joke_explainer

Pro Target posted:

lol. Yeah the ladies always fall for the conspiracy theorists, the most unwashed and crazy eyed of the Internet dwellers.

cuntman.net

post the robot rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

Sleepy Owl posted:

post the robot rear end

if the rear end is pale then Pro Target speaks the truth

----------------

• Locked thread