Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is Paul Heyman the best
yes
yes
yes
View Results

• Locked thread
TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Dango Bango posted:

Surprising how fast that Raw went compared to the last two or three weeks.

Only one Bray promo and very little Kane/Big Show will do that to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah it was really eh when that guy hit all those cool moves.

Which ones?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

"I'm starting to believe" is the funniest line of the night, they've been putting Roman Reigns over as some sort of demigod for ages and we're now supposed to think he's also the underdog and just now proving himself (by losing)?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

TheOneTrueKing posted:

Dat leap out of the ring tho.

I will follow this man. Against the rest of the Internet Wrestling Community. I will follow Roman Reigns.

Boo this man.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
That plancha from Roman was awesome. I thought he launched himself with the ropes, but he actually cleared them. :stare:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roman Reigns posted:

And he still loses this match.

This company.

Orton probably has a thing with Rollins at Wrestlemania and his token act of loyalty followed by him being absent in the ensuing beatdown was a pretty good idea.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

one of the key to being a babyfaces is learning how to vibrate before you make your signature move comeback. roman reigns is good at vibrating. heck, if i was a lady...

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

facialimpediment posted:

These are some mild crowds.
They were hot for most of the night.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, c'mon, Roman lost to a distraction rollup in what basically amounted to a handicap match (there were five assists around the ring) and then murdered everyone with cool poo poo afterwards. It was fine. More than fine, actually. Rollups aren't always the devil. #notallrollups

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Tonfa posted:

"I'm starting to believe" is the funniest line of the night, they've been putting Roman Reigns over as some sort of demigod for ages and we're now supposed to think he's also the underdog and just now proving himself (by losing)?

What you're saying is everyone has a reason to like him?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The giant dive and spear were very cool. Fabulous Ones Punch while Big Show got in the ring was also cool.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

Is anyone actually watching The Ten-Part Event Series Dig on USA

has it even premiered yet. I've seen 800 commercials and all I know is that it's kinda like Homeland or something I guess?

I'll watch it on Netflix like 20 years from now and reminisce about the show I never actually watched.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

Roman Reigns is gonna beat up Brock Lesnar and it's gonna be cool.

Brock is gonna beat the poo poo out of Roman and then the indestructible Roman is gonna no-sell and beat him up and it's gonna suck. Roman's character is now that he gets beat up, no-sells and then wins. He's literally Hulk Hogan 3.0, only he can't talk and has no charisma.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tonfa posted:

He just beat up five men, two of whom were very large.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Landstander posted:

Super hot for Daniel Bryan. Mild for Roman Reigns. Hmmm...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dias posted:

Yeah, c'mon, Roman lost to a distraction rollup in what basically amounted to a handicap match (there were five assists around the ring) and then murdered everyone with cool poo poo afterwards. It was fine. More than fine, actually. Rollups aren't always the devil. #notallrollups
What would have put Roman over strong though would have been him winning the match and then beating up the authority by himself.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

PunkBoy posted:

That plancha from Roman was awesome. I thought he launched himself with the ropes, but he actually cleared them. :stare:

better plancha than the usos

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

yeah but none of the men he beat up were curtis axel, star of wrestlemania 31

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

The Landstander posted:

Oh yeah absolutely, I was watching in bits and pieces. There's a lot to like about what Roman does, it's just hilarious to me how WWE basically completely killed the crowds for him with the Rumble clusterfuck. Then tried to spin it as "just Philadelphia".

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I want Reigns/Lesnar to be great, but if it can't be great I want it to be really bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

achillesforever6 posted:

What would have put Roman over strong though would have been him winning the match and then beating up the authority by himself.

Then you would be complaining about Cena booking and "lol of course he wins against the odds" so meh.

TheOneTrueKing
Apr 3, 2010

Fibby Boy posted:

Boo this man.

Boo me. If Lesnar wins at Mania, thats cool.

But if Reigns wins, not only will I be happy, but you'll be sad.

I can't lose!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AlmightyPants posted:

Brock is gonna beat the poo poo out of Roman and then the indestructible Roman is gonna no-sell and beat him up and it's gonna suck. Roman's character is now that he gets beat up, no-sells and then wins. He's literally Hulk Hogan 3.0, only he can't talk and has no charisma.

He has charisma and cool, I like cool spots during a big comeback.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

oatgan posted:

the babyface winning against the monster heel?

Sorry Oatgan but Brock isn't winning.

TheOneTrueKing
Apr 3, 2010

Dias posted:

Then you would be complaining about Cena booking and "lol of course he wins against the odds" so meh.

This man gets it.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I've been told he beat 29 men a month ago, this is no big deal

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Piss in my rear end posted:

yeah but none of the men he beat up were curtis axel, star of wrestlemania 31

I would like to think that's cuz they are just keeping him strong.

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.

Codependent Poster posted:

Super hot for Daniel Bryan. Mild for Roman Reigns. Hmmm...

Better have Bryan come out and repeatedly mention about how much better and smarter Roman Reigns is than him. That'll do it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
The issue is if both guys in the main event need protection, then don't book the loving match. Why this is a concept that they haven't grasped for about a year now is beyond me, but it's the main thing that ruins RAW main events and either leads to gently caress finishes or no one maintaining any heat. It's completely counterproductive.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

one of the key to being a babyfaces is learning how to vibrate before you make your signature move comeback. roman reigns is good at vibrating. heck, if i was a lady...

As a lady, he gets gassed too quickly. Would not hit.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

AlmightyPants posted:

or John Cena 2.0, go figure

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Rand McNally posted:

As a lady, he gets gassed too quickly. Would not hit.

all the true greats in wrestling had great cardio. frank gotch and george hackenschmidt went for two hours in their first match. verne gagne could wrestle for days at a time. shawn michaels and bret hart had the best wrestlemania match of all time, and it was an iron man match. ric flair and barry wyndham wrestled more 60 minute matches than could be counted. plus he could gently caress and do coke all night and then wrestle and do some more coke and gently caress some more...all these people were over with men AND women...heck, ricky steamboat!

i think you are on to something

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jiro posted:

Hahahaha that Orton winking the camera is great.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

all the true greats in wrestling had great cardio. frank gotch and george hackenschmidt went for two hours in their first match. verne gagne could wrestle for days at a time. shawn michaels and bret hart had the best wrestlemania match of all time, and it was an iron man match. ric flair and barry wyndham wrestled more 60 minute matches than could be counted. plus he could gently caress and do coke all night and then wrestle and do some more coke and gently caress some more...all these people were over with men AND women...heck, ricky steamboat!

i think you are on to something

on a personal level, i would not have sex with barry windham

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
brb going to work on my cardio see you guys later

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

oatgan posted:

on a personal level, i would not have sex with barry windham

let's not say things we can't take back

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah but Seth didn't get to do ALL the cool moves though, Roman HAD to get in some offense.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
(edit): wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dias posted:

Honestly I wouldn't because I rather have a committed push than some half assed lazy even steven bullshit booking, though this main event was still better than last night's ROH Main Event

• Locked thread