Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
yesss boat n ship babies

i hope all your animals produce babies but i especially hope dennis knocked everyone up :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
You better name star baby Cassiopeia

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
you guys have totally crippled animals who's issues still haven't been addressed months later, didn't test for serious diseases prior to breeding, and are breeding your goddamn rescues even though you can't afford fencing, disease testing, vetting, or lumber

:psyduck:

i'm sorry but this seems less like a rescue and more like an animal hoarding situation. at absolute best this rescue is horrifyingly mismanaged

seriously who the gently caress decides to breed animals and build a loving summer camp when you can't even afford proper fencing and vetting? what the gently caress

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
It's in the chicken thread but there's a horse and a donkey with really bad club feet.

Suspect Bucket, I know you care about these animals a lot and that the conditions at the rescue aren't your fault. But this is not good and your boss has really hosed up priorities.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Look man, there's no excuse for having animals with hooves in that poor of condition for that long or for prioritizing silly bullshit over vetting, farrier care, and appropriate fencing. It's super not okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Callipygian Weasel posted:

So yeah. Really, I'm here to see if Jellyfish wants to offer a shout out to any responsible animal transport companies. Or hay companies. Or. Or anything, really. Helpusthegoatsarewinning

It's too far south for fiber animals here, but apparently it is perfect for accidentally breeding the tiniest miniatures that ever tinied. I started out with show lines of Nigerian Dwarf and Nubian, had a couple of accidental crosses when Nigerians started maturing early and climbing through fences, and... and now. And now I think I might be in Goat Hell. Goat Heaven?

It is Impossible to tell, is what I'm getting at. There is so much hybrid vigor here they are out vigoring me. I think I caught CL, and then the goats got over it. And then there was a Listeriosis scare that the head nubian shook off like WHATEVER and again, I didn't, as much. And. And now I don't have time to disbud the young ones and they are all growing horns. Aaa! AAAA! I have no idea how to feel about this. :kimchi:

(what i just coughed up though suggests i might actually be dying. WORTH IT. To Valhalla, my goatfriends. B. Blargh. Better pictures will come after the doctor and vet part, hopefully.)

Edit: OR NOT. Nubian babies now! One living male, one living female, one GIANT that was badly tangled and kicking when I found and started helping the mom but was impossible to resuscitate once it was out, one roughly 13 mile umbilical cord and.. by the shape of her she's got another in there. God help us all.

did you have a goat induced stoke

• Locked thread