Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm pretty much just stopping in to say I hope you get a ram baby from one of the Dennis girls that you can use in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Babies? I got babies.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pile of Kittens posted:

Baby naked mole rats? Why are you breeding naked mole rats??

Everything on the fluffy farm must serve it's ultimate purpose (except the dogs and repitles)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pile of Kittens posted:

lol enjoy your byb naked mole rats and the thousands in vet bills :)

:lol: if you think I'm gonna pay more than $75 in vet bills. I'll just take my bb gun outside with'em.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

The cutest little bacon! How often do they come out all speckled like that?

Never. That pig is one in a million and she's going to heartlessly murder it. I think that's just something awful right there :ohdear: I hope she changes her mind :(

all the loving time, man. he's got a few more spots than normal but that just makes his bacon tastier.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yall need wire around the bottom of that pen. A chicken could tear that plastic rubber poo poo apart in a few hours if it really concentrated on one area. Like go get a roll of 3ft or 4ft tall rabbit cage wire and wrap around the bottom so it can't get out. It's not a real big pen, it shouldn't cost you much at the feed store.

E: To be honest, what is that? 6 ft square? Go get you a roll of 50ftx6ft chain link from home depot or something. It's less than $100 (a lot less) and you won't even use the whole roll. :psyduck:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm baffled. That's supposed to keep in goats, then?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Suspect Bucket posted:

It's 5x10ish. And the hospital pen is currently meant to keep sick goats contained. If they escape, then they are well enough to rejoin their respective herd. Again, we hope to soon have the funds and time to install chain link, and use it as a quarantine pen.

If you'd like to donate that hundred bucks for chain link, we have a CrowdRise! We're also currently working on the flooding issues plaguing the farm because of the recent wet summer.

https://www.crowdrise.com/celestialfarmslivest/

Edit: and the transformer just blew up! So we have no power. Hope the electric company gets here soon.

You guys don't have any animals up for adoption according to the link on your own page. You're keeping a mini and a donkey that should be euthanized (or treated by a farrier that CAN do something, assuming there is one) alive for ?? reasons. Yall apparently can't identify a real obvious rooster at 5 yards. I don't donate to poo poo like this, man. A retarded rear end goat is either going to get tied up in that poo poo fencing and murder itself to death trying to get out, or it's going to just ram on through it. Just because a panicked herd animal manages to gather some strength and slam it's way out of your paper-thin garbage walls doesn't mean it's "well enough" to rejoin it's herd. It means it wants to go back to it's herd and it's a dumb rear end prey, herd animal that likely feels threatened as gently caress not being in the "safety" of it's herd and it's going to get there one way or another.

I didn't look for handouts on my farm. Why the gently caress would I give theirs any? Go pull out a credit card, swipe it for the fence you need and eat up that sweet sweet interest just like every other farm in the world does when you need a supply and can't afford it. Hell, if it's for goats I wouldn't put chainlink on it anyway.

And if you're full to "bursting" why not adopt some of those animals out eh? It's a rescue, not a sanctuary and those are vastly different things. Use the adoption fees to fund instead of sticking your hand out. :) Or if you still need additional cash, do fundraisers.

Given the pictures and the information you've given me? I'd rather report you to the ASPCA for neglect (and that's what keeping that donkey and mini alive for a month in current condition with their feet looking WORSE than before, is) than give you money. And hey birbmod- is this dude clear to be throwing up his fuckin' gofund me everywhere? Because that requires mod clearance last I knew.

E: I was actually kinda on your side until I started looking around yesterday. Then I waited to hear your reasoning and it's all the same bullshit excuses I hear from "rescues" that are actually hoarder sanctuaries. I don't think it's actually YOUR place though from what I'm reading? Run while you still can. Their management's poo poo. And $1500 for gravel and sand for what? How many dozens of tons is that? Because holy poo poo if you're that marshy maybe yall should grow cranberries to shore up that money instead.

E2: For anyone who wants to look at how many animals they have up for adoption, per the link on their own site: http://celestialfarms.rescueme.org/ . Link can be found here: http://www.celestialfarms.org/rescue-adoption/animal-adoption-invite-one-home/ Normally I wouldn't do this, but since Suspect Bucket's been posting their fundraiser site, I figure yall should know what's being promoted to donate to.

Also, instead of installing an automatic waterer for a goat per the facebook page with donation money yall could gotten that fence. :angel:

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 14, 2015

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

There's making due with less because you can't afford it, and then there's building a dock when you're asking for lumber a few short weeks later. Maybe take apart the dock? I get that you pour your heart and soul into it and hey like I said, you seem like a great volunteer. But these people suck.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Suspect Bucket posted:

\/\/\/ The dock and side pasture fence was another earmarked donation, and was specifically for the summer camp. We had to re-do the fencing over there for the kids safety, and so the kids could safely fish off the dock without going into the back pasture \/\/\/

Okay here's a thought: don't ask for money for a dock when you don't need one, it's a waste of lumber and you are in desperate need for funds, lumber and god drat it suspect bucket I am trying to not lump you in with these morons but your defending them just makes me want to go bolt gun everything on the property out of sheer frustration.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

Can you talk more about this? I'm having trouble finding details on the website.

I think it's clear that Bucket has a lot of passion for these animals and wants to do best by them, though the more you guys post, the more I do worry about how the farm is managed and how certain things are being prioritized... :ohdear:

The donkey and the miniature pony are fantastic examples. If their hooves will never ever be fixable, it is better to euthanize them. Suspect Bucket's youtube account visibly shows that these animals' feet have grown worse in the past month alone, as do the snippets on the celestial farms facebook. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNa-8S6zzSo you can see the donkey in this video, circa september 10th (that's when the video was posted). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQopZy2_TPQ here is 1 month later. They're even worse and the animal is visibly starting to knuckle over (that's not the right terminology for a donkey, I don't believe, but it's the same fuckin thing). There is no visible care happening here other than this animal is suffering JUST as badly as it was when they got it. I am not a farrier, however, I did show this to a farrier friend and they said they would euthanize because those hooves are a goddamned disaster area and the way he walks says he's in hellish pain. No two farriers will ever agree 100% on something, but they've had over a month to at least trim those feet back SOME. Compare the miniature horse in the first video to the pictures posted in the chicken thread of that same miniature ( she removed the pictures from the chicken thread because I guess she realized we're loving right, such a shame I loving saved one of the links: http://i.imgur.com/XJl4B80.jpg ) . Those hind hooves are way, WAY worse than they were in the first video on september 10th. Nothing has been loving done to them. And that's disgusting.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 14, 2015

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

:ohdear:

Thanks for posting more details. I didn't pay any attention to the quality of Don Don's hooves the first time I watched that video, since I was distracted by all the cute rolling around. Would he be rolling like that if he's in pain, you think? Or are the two generally unrelated when it comes to behaviors like this?

I'm mostly here for the cute pictures, so I apologize if these questions come off as painfully ignorant. I AM ignorant to farm life and the health of livestock!

:3: Hey. Nobody expects people to know everything. Even those of us with livestock don't know everything. Farming is a learning process. But these people own a farm and they should know better with this many animals to care for and saying that they are a "rescue". This is basic 101 livestock knowledge with regard to his hooves.

He's rolling around because horses (and their relatives) fuckin love rolling in new shavings. It's new smells, it's new things to put their smells on, it's new things to roll in. It's like when a dog runs outside and rolls around in freshy mowed lawn. That's not pain at all. :3: That's actually pretty adorable.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

I phrased my question poorly!

Would he roll around like a doof if he was in bad pain, or would pain stop him from enjoying these fresh wonderful smells?

Rolling wouldn't be an issue. Getting up would be an issue and you can see he has trouble with it. When horses (and the like) can't get up, they tend to freak out and flail and either hurt someone or hurt themselves. He's pretty round, too, so if they don't bank the shavings he could get stuck on his back one day- but that's a rare, RARE thing that doesn't happen very often and is a possibility with any horse/donkey/etc. Hell, really fat sheep can end up upside down and not flip back over.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I don't know how much more proof you want that you volunteer as free labor for a hoarder rather than a rescue farm but lol.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Suspect Bucket posted:

Hey, I don't know what to tell you other then come see for yourself. We're open for tours. Every day except sunday, which is unfortunate because darn if we don't do our best animal abusing on Sundays.

Sorry I don't want to go home with who loving knows what mass of diseases your idiot boss hasn't "tested" for.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

<~ lol man that's too bad suspect bucket someone could've donated to your favorite hoarder haven instead of giving lowtax $10.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Josie posted:

Oh yes Fluffy Bunnies is definitely being unreasonable about the fact that some of your animals are possibly in quite a lot of pain at your hoarding ranch.

What a terrible poster.

It's not even her hoarding ranch :lol:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:) I'm moving down that way so maybe I'll swing by since they nicely post their address everywhere. Too bad that my phone doesn't get signals in rural areas or I'd have called first. Golly gee willickers.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I basically fuckin love sheep at this point and I thought I'd hate them and I keep trying to hate them but man, I just don't. I love sheep. Even when they run me over in the herding pen. I keep Ires back and pat the sheep and go "we're cool buddy, I know you're just freaked out".

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

There was something earlier in this thread brought to my attention about a farrier every three months. 6 weeks is the maximum a farrier should be spaced apart except for some seriously easy keepers, and then 8 weeks. I'd have one out there every single loving month with the poo poo I've seen in those videos and with marshy rear end ground that doesn't wear down hooves at all.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I've said several times now that I don't blame Suspect Bucket for the condition of this place. But man, it is in poo poo shape. I looked all the way through their facebook page. That donkey and miniature horse have been there since June, 2012. If they were going to fix those feet, they would have literally years ago. I will provide links and screenshots if need be, but this is just sad. Please go work elsewhere, Suspect Bucket. Good volunteers are hard to come by. This place doesn't deserve you or the hard work that you enjoy doing.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Please don't post the Facebook page, I know you and Suspect posted some links earlier and that's okay but I don't want this to turn into some full-on goonrush doxxing debacle (not pointing at you personally, but you know how goons can get). I also know you and other posters are trying to help the animals and Suspect alike but for this thread's sake let's end the derail, please. You guys can take it to PMs and the thread can get back to cute happy animals.

Like, should I make a thread specifically dedicated to it instead? She's got Several Edited Posts where she posted the crowd fund site and then deleted it in this thread alone, birbmod. I don't figure anybody donated, but you never know.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Status: viewing fuckpigs. Fuckpig viewing complete. Beep boop. Fluffy Bunnies Bot shutting down.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:3: I like sneaky Goliath a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mmmm... Babies. (Baby Farm Animals ITT)

(it's a joke on the old mmm, beefy commercials)

• Locked thread