Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
am i the only one disappointed that sonos doesn't do airplay? it also decided i have two living rooms for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

didnt tori install carpet over hardwood

I did. it's really cozy and nice. not surprisingly, what you put on your floors is a fad like everything else, and in ten years people will make fun of hardwood floor havers for being too poor to install carpet.

Apr 7, 2003

Here is a picture of the nice man who installed my carpet cleaning up after he finished.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i prefer rugs over hardwood, easier to clean and lots of different kinds of rugs with different looks. we have some rag rugs that my wife's grandmother made, they are good

Apr 7, 2003

It takes less than ten minutes to vacuum that entire area, and it's nice and cozy up there.

laminate/hardwood/whatever floors, like everything else that goes in your house, are a fad. Carpet will be the hot thing soon, and people in these threads will rush to install carpet and will make fun of people who don't, because goons chase fads just like everyone else does.

Apr 7, 2003

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/21606031/list/11-reasons-to-love-wall-to-wall-carpeting-again

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

If you have pets, carpets get really gross in one way or another. I agree they are nice and cozy though, and much safer for said pets to walk, run and play on without injuring themselves.

Apr 7, 2003

I have two cats. Just spend ~15 minutes twice a week vacuuming everything and it's fine. The bottom floor of my house is tile and laminate and cat hair collects on those too.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
can't wait for carpeted bathrooms to be a fad again

Apr 7, 2003

my wife's grandma has a carpeted kitchen and bathroom and they are both immaculate. I'm assuming that when people say "carpet is so hard to keep clean" they're just too lazy to maintain a house.

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

moosemanmoo posted:

am i the only one disappointed that sonos doesn't do airplay? it also decided i have two living rooms for some reason

check out airsonos. i leave it running in a VM and it does the needful.

edit: you can rename individual sonos devices in the app. it didn't decide there are two living rooms, you told it there are at some point. rename one.

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

welp: http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/07/critical-flaw-ided-in-zigbee-smart-home-devices/

so remember i said z-wave or zigbee? maybe just z-wave then.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

my wife's grandma has a carpeted kitchen and bathroom and they are both immaculate. I'm assuming that when people say "carpet is so hard to keep clean" they're just too lazy to maintain a house.

she obviously didn't raise three boys. or they were forced to sit down to pee lol

Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

she obviously didn't raise three boys. or they were forced to sit down to pee lol

she raised two boys but in a different house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Visual GNUdio posted:

welp: http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/07/critical-flaw-ided-in-zigbee-smart-home-devices/

so remember i said z-wave or zigbee? maybe just z-wave then.
Pretty sure Z-Wave is a closed spec, and should therefore be assumed to be insecure. At least bugs in ZigBee can be identified, quantified, and fixed.

• Locked thread