Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

having a bunch of losers going after the loser belt doesn't scream legitimacy to me. the mania match will probably be pretty great though.

It is cool that they're giving the belt a lot of time on the show though, and are making it the focus of multiple characters. I dig it.

It's also funny that even with all this confusion, they still remember to job out Wade haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They only moment I will have faith in the IC title is if after Wrestlemania, the person holding it is given a push that doesn't involve losing every other show.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
Is it just me or does Roman Reigns look more like an Arab than Mohammed Hassan did?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If they let them, those six guys could be the new SmackDown Six where every show just features some combination of them having really good matches for an hour. Truth is the Chavo of this scenario.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DudeDeuce posted:

Is it just me or does Roman Reigns look more like an Arab than Mohammed Hassan did?

Well Hassan is an italian guy so I guess that makes sense. But more importantly, who cares?

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
http://www.wwe.com/videos/the-prime-time-players-want-the-trophy-wwe-app-exclusive-march-2-2015-27159920

This needed to be on TV. Amazing hysterical promo.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

triplexpac posted:

It's also funny that even with all this confusion, they still remember to job out Wade haha

It's amazing really - and they did the same to Roman Reigns tonight! Neither one of them should be losing, especially Reigns. I was stuned they had him lose again.

Regardless, no matter how they try and make Reigns look ready, he's just not - plain and simple. He doesn't come off as geniune, he hasn't put in the work, and he hasn't had that one big match or promo to truly earn that fan connection. It's gonna be fun to watch that Mania main event filled with LET'S-GO-LESNAR or DANIEL-BRYAN chants and a chorus of boos.

Also, it was great to see an outside celebrity come in and actually know the material and the backstory without coming off as too cheesy or not taking it seriously. Good for Jon Stewart - that was great stuff.

Anyone else really enjoying this slow build with Miz & Mizdow? I think the two work well enough they should get their own spot on the card without being lumped into the Andre Battle Royal.

And as many have said, what are they thinking with Randy Orton? Sure you can have Orton sneaking back into the Authority to ultimately get back at Seth, but why help him win matches and save him from attacks?? I haven't heard RANDY chants in years, and they decided it's best to throw that away for an unecessary slow build that will do more damage than good.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Brock's first run featured him making war paint out of the carcass of Hulk Hogan, beating the Rock in a Mach built around who was the better athlete, murdering Taker in the Cell, and superplexing Big Show through the ring. Brock has always been a monster.

Come to think of it, he might be the first guy since Hogan who exclusively worked in the main event his entire WWE run.

That's an interesting thought.

In his first few appearances, Lesnar came out of nowhere with Heyman to just destroy people. His first few matches were definitely midcard stuff against Hardyz and Dudleyz, and Stasiak.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Aurain posted:

People genuinely think that Bryan could face Brock and have the match look credible? Wow.

Yes. You can't out-hoss Lesnar; Rock, Show, Trips and Cena all tried that. You can't out-capital-W-Wrestle Lesnar; Angle, Taker and Punk tried that. But I can believe that you can out Pro-Wrestle Brock Lesnar

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Brock's first run featured him making war paint out of the carcass of Hulk Hogan, beating the Rock in a Mach built around who was the better athlete, murdering Taker in the Cell, and superplexing Big Show through the ring. Brock has always been a monster.

Come to think of it, he might be the first guy since Hogan who exclusively worked in the main event his entire WWE run.

And now you know why Vince is terrified to really push someone new. They might leave him!!! :ohdear:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

USA really wanted three hours because of the money it makes from an additional hour of WWE ad buys instead of NCIS rerun ad buys, which it then sends to WWE in the form of their TV deal.

I thought it had little to do with ad buys and was more about inflating demos.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why is R-Truth in the IC title match? The other 5 guys are all good-to-excellent workers, they couldn't scrounge up somebody better from midcard hell for that last spot?

Wrestlemania has stopped being about meaningful feuds a long time ago. It's now about everybody getting on the card to get their payday. Expect some huge Diva clusterfuck like last year so that every Diva gets their moment in the sun. Maybe it will be a lumberjack match so they can all just vapidly stand around the ring.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Bella's mother went off on AJ Lee last night essentially saying AJ wasn't as committed as the Bellas and she only shows up when #GIVEDIVASACHANCE is trending the Bellas are claiming she was hacked:
https://twitter.com/BellaTwins/status/572791173535952897

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 3, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

I thought it had little to do with ad buys and was more about inflating demos.

Yeah I can't imagine Raw does better ad buys than whatever rerun USA would put on instead. They do consistent ratings though which is key.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

DudeDeuce posted:

If you are saying Roman needs to take Hassan's gimmick I agree with you 100%

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

If you are saying Roman needs to take Hassan's gimmick I agree with you 100%

Pinning goats, slashing throats. Baleeeeedat.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Reigns also blows himself up in like a minute so there's that too

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I just watched the Jon Stewart segment. Stewart was really good, but they wouldn't even let him SAY Ambrose's name? I get that he's not feuding with Rollins anymore, but why even bring it up, then? Hell, Ambrose showing up to mess with Rollins and save Stewart is much more in-character for the crazy jokey guy than for Orton, whose main character traits are a bad temper and a big ego.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gaz-L posted:

I just watched the Jon Stewart segment. Stewart was really good, but they wouldn't even let him SAY Ambrose's name? I get that he's not feuding with Rollins anymore, but why even bring it up, then? Hell, Ambrose showing up to mess with Rollins and save Stewart is much more in-character for the crazy jokey guy than for Orton, whose main character traits are a bad temper and a big ego.

Ambrose is currently locked in the R-Truth Comedy Zone, please do not imply he was ever in a marquee feud with Seth Rollins.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
http://www.wwe.com/videos/stardust-has-his-eyes-on-a-new-prize-wwe-app-exclusive-march-2-2015-27159915

If Stardust is spouting off about the IC Ladder match, does that mean we're NOT getting Dustin/Cody? That would make me very sad.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
As a Canuck, is there any legal way for me to watch WWE without a cable subscription? The online service needs to be tied to a Rogers account.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

someusername posted:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/stardust-has-his-eyes-on-a-new-prize-wwe-app-exclusive-march-2-2015-27159915

If Stardust is spouting off about the IC Ladder match, does that mean we're NOT getting Dustin/Cody? That would make me very sad.

Their Fastlane match was dogshit so who cares, I'd rather not see it again.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Ambrose is currently locked in the R-Truth Comedy Zone, please do not imply he was ever in a marquee feud with Seth Rollins.

The fact that the IC title match is so obviously the "guys who are more popular and over than the people we actually want to push" ghetto is a large part of why I can't get into it at all.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

The fact that the IC title match is so obviously the "guys who are more popular and over than the people we actually want to push" ghetto is a large part of why I can't get into it at all.

This is actually why I'm kind of into it. It'll be a good match and will probably steal the show in the way that the MITB used to, so why not? I'm quickly coming to the realization that I don't need to see everyone I like in the main event picture. I'd say 'anyone' but Brock's still there.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

unlimited shrimp posted:

As a Canuck, is there any legal way for me to watch WWE without a cable subscription? The online service needs to be tied to a Rogers account.

Pay for Unblock-us.com and sign up for a US WWE Network account. It may be slightly dicey but you're still paying for the service. Also Unblock-us is great in how it lets you switch regions on Netflix super easily.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You only have to use the free trial of Unblock to sign up. After that you don't need a VPN at all, though I still use Hola for Netflix.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

flashy_mcflash posted:

You only have to use the free trial of Unblock to sign up. After that you don't need a VPN at all, though I still use Hola for Netflix.

I found when I switched off Unblock us once I suddenly wasn't able to use the network on my PS4 or iPad. Would just give me region unavailable errors. Probably works fine with Hola on the PC though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Le Saboteur posted:

Pay for Unblock-us.com and sign up for a US WWE Network account. It may be slightly dicey but you're still paying for the service. Also Unblock-us is great in how it lets you switch regions on Netflix super easily.

That wouldn't give him Raw though, I think that's what he's looking for.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

I found when I switched off Unblock us once I suddenly wasn't able to use the network on my PS4 or iPad. Would just give me region unavailable errors. Probably works fine with Hola on the PC though.

That's weird, it works fine on my tablet (Sony Xperia) and phone (Galaxy S3, though this is a painful and very laggy experience) that doesn't run Hola. I guess YMMV depending on the region you're in?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is actually why I'm kind of into it. It'll be a good match and will probably steal the show in the way that the MITB used to, so why not? I'm quickly coming to the realization that I don't need to see everyone I like in the main event picture. I'd say 'anyone' but Brock's still there.

Well, for me, WWE just spent the last 10 years up to and including last night, telling me that the IC title is a poo poo title for stupid jobbers who lose all the time. It takes more than a ladder match with guys I like despite your poo poo booking in it to make it mean something other than "all these guys are jobbers who you shouldn't care about."

someusername
Jan 26, 2015

bradzilla posted:

Their Fastlane match was dogshit so who cares, I'd rather not see it again.

You're nuts if you think they can't put together an epic match in 3 weeks and bring Dusty in on commentary to put it over the top.

The Fastlane match wasn't bad, almost good, but commentary and the crowd put it on mute because they all sucked that night.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

someusername posted:

You're nuts if you think they can't put together an epic match in 3 weeks and bring Dusty in on commentary to put it over the top.

The Fastlane match wasn't bad, almost good, but commentary and the crowd put it on mute because they all sucked that night.

The crowd had almost nothing to do with it being bad. It was a slow, plodding match with a botched finish by the ref. For literal brothers they have zero ring chemistry somehow.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Well, for me, WWE just spent the last 10 years up to and including last night, telling me that the IC title is a poo poo title for stupid jobbers who lose all the time. It takes more than a ladder match with guys I like despite your poo poo booking in it to make it mean something other than "all these guys are jobbers who you shouldn't care about."

Wade has lost every single TV match I've seen since he won the belt, except at Fastlane, where he beat the popular guy who loses every PPV match.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Red posted:

Wade has lost every single TV match I've seen since he won the belt, except at Fastlane, where he beat the popular guy who loses every PPV match.

and he "beat" him by getting his rear end kicked too hard.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair this is probably the only way they have a chance of making the lower belts mean something anymore.

Now watch Bryan hotshot the IC belt to Truth and Cena vacate the US title to go after Rollins the night after Wrestlemania.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015

bradzilla posted:

The crowd had almost nothing to do with it being bad. It was a slow, plodding match with a botched finish by the ref. For literal brothers they have zero ring chemistry somehow.

Because nobody's decided what the story is yet. We can't have them just wrestling for wrestling's sake.

TBH I don't have any idea what to do with their stories either unless somebody's retiring, but I'm not paid to do that either. That's why they have professional bookers.

I have to figure it's ripe for a storyline though. Dustin doesn't have a lot more good years, he's peaking.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

someusername posted:

Because nobody's decided what the story is yet. We can't have them just wrestling for wrestling's sake.

TBH I don't have any idea what to do with their stories either unless somebody's retiring, but I'm not paid to do that either. That's why they have professional bookers.

I have to figure it's ripe for a storyline though. Dustin doesn't have a lot more good years, he's peaking.

The story was there. Stardust had fallen too far and Goldust was going to bring him back to reality.

It would of worked if Goldust had done what he said he was going to do which was beat him so bad he will never want to be Stardust again, but instead they did a standard match with a botched ending.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm not sure how one would take the idea of an angle that goes "Everyone suddenly wants this title" to "This title is now being devalued even more than it was", but here we are.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

if i only watched the app i'd be convinced that the wwe is just tom phillips standing in a dark room being bullied by a cast of loveable weirdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Malt posted:

The story was there. Stardust had fallen too far and Goldust was going to bring him back to reality.

It would of worked if Goldust had done what he said he was going to do which was beat him so bad he will never want to be Stardust again, but instead they did a standard match with a botched ending.

I took the story as Goldust saying that but hoping that just beating Stardust in the match was enough. Now they can get to the real blood feud stuff. Or they'll just forget it because who cares about the undercard?

• Locked thread