Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
smh Jeff Longrod ‏@LongrodJeff 18m18 minutes ago
@hockeypunchman cited for failing to stop for an emergency vehicle in Seattle, WA. Read more here-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

.Spec posted:

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought my interest in both hockey and literacy in Jamaican patois have come in handy together. Followed so so hard.

fake edit: if you could have a custom goal song in NHL 15 you'd have to make yours the Sleng Teng riddim

I have no idea what's going on in a false's account but I fuckin' love it.

For example, just posted saying Don Cherry has a Steven Seagal dancehall album

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
My twitter is @hockeypunchman

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
This is fun. I think I may have pigeon-holed myself with my character choice but that's just going to make it more fun and challenging for me :colbert:

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I have gimmicks, but I have the opportunity for character growth.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I have John, the main guy, Jeff, his sports reporter father, and Jerry, his ignored race car driver brother

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I just noticed 3 of you picked the Colts as your CHL team. I am going to cheer for all 3 of you to have successful careers. :glomp:

Anyone that picked London can spend the rest of their career in Edmonton losing. :colbert:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Added all the ones that posted their twitters itt to the list

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

So I made @fancystatsBAP. I feel as though I should be putting some work into this alter ego. Also, learning how to twitter. That's probably important.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I've decided on Jeff and Jerry's personality, but I can't tell if I've made John an idiot, idiot savant, or just bad at social media and typing

Also I still don't get this

quote:

Unfortunately, EA Sports has removed the ability to upload replays and pictures from the game, so I will not be doing draft pictures and whatnot again.

What's the point?

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 4, 2015

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
@frostydangles I'll be at Tim Horton's tonight if any of you ladies care to join me for a glass of milk #nofilter

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

a false posted:

thank you this is good

As someone who is of Jamaican descent on one side of the family and is also a beer league goalie I find this offensive and hilarious

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

"Top Hats Monthly" posted:

What's the point?

Last year, I uploaded pictures of players to show them as CHL players. Then again as they were picked in the NHL draft. Check last year's thread at the draft for them.

Like I said, the ability to upload the pictures from the game is gone. Plus it took entirely too much time. And I'm not going to spend the time taking lovely cellphone pics.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Hockles posted:

Last year, I uploaded pictures of players to show them as CHL players. Then again as they were picked in the NHL draft. Check last year's thread at the draft for them.

Like I said, the ability to upload the pictures from the game is gone. Plus it took entirely too much time. And I'm not going to spend the time taking lovely cellphone pics.

Guess I'll have to fire up my PS3 and take a McP pic myself :getin:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Hockles posted:

Naw I mean what's the point of EA taking it away?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Naw I mean what's the point of EA taking it away?

They removed it entirely from the next-gen versions in place of their native share functionality, and didn't want to pony up whatever it costs to maintain their garbage online media servers for 360/PS3.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Pleads posted:

They removed it entirely from the next-gen versions in place of their native share functionality, and didn't want to pony up whatever it costs to maintain their garbage online media servers for 360/PS3.

That's dumb

When's the draft? I'm so excited :allears:

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 4, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
So the only way to make a photo of a player is someone on nextgen has to take a screenshot from a replay, like i did for Chap on twitter of him being a total sieve?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Dubious posted:

So the only way to make a photo of a player is someone on nextgen has to take a screenshot from a replay, like i did for Chap on twitter of him being a total sieve?

not the ONLY way...

CommaToes fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 4, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm too lazy to make a fake twitter and get that involved in all this :smith: If it's a requirement feel free to give my guy to someone else

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

triplexpac posted:

I'm too lazy to make a fake twitter and get that involved in all this :smith: If it's a requirement feel free to give my guy to someone else

It's not a requirement. It's all in good fun.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

triplexpac posted:

It's not. Don't worry.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

triplexpac posted:

I'm the same. I'm just pretending Think Tank is fully illiterate due to a childhood spent riding the boxcars with his deadbeat father (who spent all the money he grifted on his son's hockey instruction). His deep shame from being unable to read is part of what makes him so slash happy. That and years fending off other hobos intent on poaching the best sleeping spots from him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
CRUSHINATOR WILL PROTECT THINK TANK

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

".......check my serum osmolality.........all DP (Doctor Pepper)...."

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Dubious posted:

To literally stand up, walk up to my TV, pull out my phone, take a picture, send it to myself, resize it to normal size, then upload.

:effort: Make your own if you want it.

EA in a nutshell.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

When's the draft? I'm so excited :allears:

I'm about half done creating players. I should get to more on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. I always post updates.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Chap doin work.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If we're doing the 2015 draft first does that mean all you lame hosers on Erie are riding the Connor McDavid train?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

poo poo, didn't see the thread in time. Ah well, still fun to follow along

I like to think Ricky Fantastic is too busy being a big movie star to play hockey these days, anyway

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Red Red Blue posted:

poo poo, didn't see the thread in time. Ah well, still fun to follow along

I like to think Ricky Fantastic is too busy being a big movie star to play hockey these days, anyway

Theo McFlurry now travels across Canada giving motivational speeches to high school kids and warns them of the dangers of playing for San Jose.

Fuckin Sharks never won poo poo and couldnt even give Hertl the captaincy after Jumbo and Patty retired. :argh:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, I'm trying to figure out exactly how to integrate twitter into my updates without completely sacrificing content in the thread. I'm going to try and keep it the same, with some special treats for dudes making and following the fake twitter pages.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Wonder if we're going to see the second coming of the Reinhart Family dynasty

stupid Reinharts :argh:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

The Wang family has me in tears

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Humungous' drinking tore the family apart long ago :smith:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
man my fake twitter REALLY wants me to follow all of the seahawks players

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Lookin' good in the home whites

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

We need to post the funny tweets here too.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Twitter posted:

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I'm trying to figure Ben out v:shobon:v. So far he looks like a decent stay-at-home D and a great passer but with an absolutely terrible hockey sense/vision and also very naive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I hope prodigious wang is successful :smith:

I think John is far smarter than he sounds, a few damages to his frontal cortex have made him put a lot of........unnecessary punctuation in..!!

edit:

Non Hockey Players-

Jeff Longrod-Former North Star, Star Tribune reporter, father of John and Jerry
Jerry Longrod-Stock car driver, less loved brother of John Longrod
Takara Longrod-Twiterless mother of the Longrod boys, Japanese national

Rick Paynuss-TSN reporter, spineless coward, FWB with "Ashley"
Ashley-Rick Paynuss' FWB

Humungous Wang-CHL legend, drunk, known for mixing fluoxetine with scotch

Hope this helps follow the narrative

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 5, 2015

• Locked thread