Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
HOLLOW DIS IS JAKE FROM CALLYFORN-YAH WOT IS THE IZZUE 2DAY??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
i'm sorry maam but none of my superiors are available at the moment

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Take cookie to the monkey if he don't take it or throw it back it's like oh no!!!!!!!

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

I have a problem, could you kindly assist. Here's 75 full resolution screenshots of the issue I'm having.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Thread is a good honeypot for all the software devs on gbs (I'm a software dev)

Stentorian Hoot
Jun 14, 2001

Couldn't get it up...
*does that head wobble thing when asked a question*

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Card Holder states he did not do the transaction. Removed block from card.

:bang:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
<Has never resolved one single problem>

SpaceOrphan
Jan 27, 2014

This town is full of monsters!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yDfodlSZos

For my next trick, I'll go completely silent and show the greasy american pictures of 9/11 and hebrewish music to make him think Terriosts are invading his computer.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
*funny india accent* oh hello i am the india phone guy. yes i am going to eat the curry

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

we must take apart power supply to troubleshoot. computer is not getting enough power. I will now touch this big cylinder with screwdriver.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Suicide rates in india are absurd but papers won't report them as such because it's rude so it's always IT workers falling off balconies because of the wind or accidentally drinking pesticides because the instructions weren't in their language.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
*has no concept of fundamental software design practices and is incapable of understanding their importance*

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Gentle reminder.

Kind regards,
Arun Patesh Ramaswamy Gurusankin

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
My manager (software dev job) lives in Mumbai, a few weeks ago he was on sick leave for like 2 weeks because he caught typhoid.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Stentorian Hoot posted:

*does that head wobble thing when asked a question*

fwiw this is because in some parts of india that wobble is their equivalent to nodding yes to show agreement or understanding.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Have you tried raping it on and off the bus?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Magnitogorsk. posted:

*has no concept of fundamental software design practices and is incapable of understanding their importance*

*qa dept consists of no actual humans but giant rubber stamps in swivel chairs*

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

*is part of the tech worker caste*

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i want to be a mill on air

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

*works 15 hours days in desperate hope that employer will not pull H1B visa*

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
*needs detailed instructions, to write the same block of code he did in the last sprint

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
*asks you to spell your name but won't spell his when you ask*

No sir that option is not a possibility.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
"Hello, I am calling on behalf of a circuit issue"

"Ok, can I have the circuit ID?"

"Ah yes, I do not have. You know the circuit, yes?"

"No you need to know that, and tell me..."

"What is the ticket number from you for this issue?"

"What?!"

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
q:what do u call the kernels amidst the stacks overflowing in a maze of corridors in a cubicle farm, acrid and musty with an earthy and pungent curry aroma?

a:indians have hundreds of words for maize

q:what do u call an indian plumber

a:an indian plumber

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Crow_Rodeo posted:

"Hello, I am calling on behalf of a circuit issue"

"Ok, can I have the circuit ID?"

"Ah yes, I do not have. You know the circuit, yes?"

"No you need to know that, and tell me..."

"What is the ticket number from you for this issue?"

"What?!"

Is this like that prank where they sick two chinese delivery joints on each other?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Necc0 posted:

Is this like that prank where they sick two chinese delivery joints on each other?

no it's actual conversation I had with another human being :smith:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
"Why don't you just send me an email, I'm in a meeting right now."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Every day I dodge rapists and muggers, trudge through poo poo caked streets and cross a rickety bridged made of mottled ropes (it's the only nearby crossing of the Ganges that doesn't involve getting wet) for a pittance. But it's the best job available for an untouchable like me.

The only highlight in all this misery is when I get to waste some fat gently caress American's time. We play games. We see how long we can get them to wait on hold, how many times we can transfer them back to ourselves (acting as a manager) before they catch on, and so on. What are they going to do? Complain? They can't even pronounce my name right. The companies they buy their crappy products from don't care because we are so much cheaper.

If I made someone scream in rage at me that day, I feel happy during my trudge home.

Such is life.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
company hired a dev in india and like 2 weeks in he literally just doesn't show up to work. took his laptop and phone and poo poo and just left. a guy later told me he got another job and just didn't bother telling anyone. loving lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Boy, your hard drive is filled with more poo poo than the river Ganges!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

dk2m posted:

company hired a dev in india and like 2 weeks in he literally just doesn't show up to work. took his laptop and phone and poo poo and just left. a guy later told me he got another job and just didn't bother telling anyone. loving lol

sounds like he found a better paying job than yours lol!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Magnitogorsk. posted:

loving this

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:
man I read these guy's documentation notes, they literally write do the needful all the time

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
*is given simple project, copies and pastes first google result even slightly related, completely ignores requirements outlined in project and existing code structure, is somehow mystified when code review fails*

but this does work,,, right?? please allow project through

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
"Base this feature off of how this other project does it, use that for inspiration, but tailor the feature to fit this application"

*copies and pastes feature + god knows how much other code that happened to be anywhere near it from other project, commits it, calls it a day*

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

*breaks dozens of unit tests*

*checks code in anyway*

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
*misspells class names in core architecture*
*architecture becomes dependent on archaic dependencies between dozens of classes all spelled slightly differently*

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
*rolls own JDBC library despite us shelling out the big bucks for oracle because WHY THE gently caress NOT*

boy that was a fun bug to track down :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Necc0 posted:

*misspells class names in core architecture*
*architecture becomes dependent on archaic dependencies between dozens of classes all spelled slightly differently*

aaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Locked thread