Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Greetings of the day!!!

I am marking you the customer an email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
'yes here is the code fix please to deploy it'
'you guys tested this on the cloned server and with the scenarios we gave you, right? the customer is furious and we need this out asap'
'yes it is tested and it works please to deploy it'
'alright. thanks a bunch'

*checks code into svn*
*build breaks*

:rubshands:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

*shits in street on way to work*
*shits out code without comprehension of final product*
*shits all over teleconference call with stupid technobabble to avoid giving real answers*
*shits and shits some more*
*is literal poo poo*

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
*never loving ever adds comments on SVN commits*

e.

*writes "committing code" as SVN commit comment*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Everyone! That was policy number 6666666, terminated!

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Hmm not working, I will just hard code this value.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

does an ellipsis mean something different in india or is everyone in my inbox just real passive aggressive

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sir I am not finding this answer in our kb one moment please *hangs up*

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
Now please to find your serial number?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

am i the only one who has had pretty ok experiences with indian tech ppl

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

like yesterday i was about to murder a client over a sharepoint problem and got a microsoft indian dude to explain it and fix it and nothing hurt

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

like yesterday i was about to murder a client over a sharepoint problem and got a microsoft indian dude to explain it and fix it and nothing hurt

The MS ones are really highly trained on their specific areas of expertise.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Nerds

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

when i did unix admin poo poo during the overnight shift at [very large shipping company] a h1b coder guy drove to the office in the middle of the night and begged me to put his revised code straight onto production machines because he realized what he wrote the day before had some massive flaw that would cause huge delays and result in caged packages, missed commitments, etc & lead to his certain termination and a flight back to mumbai. I was like sorry bud that's against policy & went back to making excellent posts :twisted:

if you work with h1bs never help them and always do whatever you can to make them gently caress up (it's not hard) unless you want to be training one how to do your job one day. or just get the gently caress out of tech it's bad for your mind and body

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

d0s posted:

when i did unix admin poo poo during the overnight shift at [very large shipping company] a h1b coder guy drove to the office in the middle of the night and begged me to put his revised code straight onto production machines because he realized what he wrote the day before had some massive flaw that would cause huge delays and result in caged packages, missed commitments, etc & lead to his certain termination and a flight back to mumbai. I was like sorry bud that's against policy & went back to making excellent posts :twisted:

if you work with h1bs never help them and always do whatever you can to make them gently caress up (it's not hard) unless you want to be training one how to do your job one day. or just get the gently caress out of tech it's bad for your mind and body

all of this is wisdom

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Necc0 posted:

*misspells class names in core architecture*
*architecture becomes dependent on archaic dependencies between dozens of classes all spelled slightly differently*

Personal favorite of mine!

Kind regards.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
There's a massive [for us] intranet application we maintain that's got a bunch of that poo poo in it, and whenever I go in there, every time I see it I think about how much work it'd be to refactor it and that I can't really dedicate resources to doing that, but gently caress

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Code Jockey posted:

*never loving ever adds comments on SVN commits*

e.

*writes "committing code" as SVN commit comment*

*uses SVN instead of TFS or GIT.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Divine Styler posted:

*uses SVN instead of TFS or GIT.

lmao knew this was coming

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Indian manager/friend of mine who used to hang out with me:

*hanging out at a bar, getting beers*

"You need to improve your work performance, you lag far behind your coworkers in skill and basic competence"

*sips beer*

"Can you help me find a date"

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

TacMan posted:

do the needful

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

they loving love taco bell for some reason idgi

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011
Most of the indian dudes I work with are cool guys who actually understand how to write software but sorry if you're manager thought he could save a few bucks by hiring people who could pretend to have heard of java.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

But, in scenes broadcast in advance of the premiere of the film, India’s Daughter, Mukesh Singh showed little remorse and suggested his victim would not have been killed if she had not fought back against her attackers.

He said: “A girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy … A decent girl won’t roam around at nine o’clock at night … Housework and housekeeping is for girls, not roaming in discos and bars at night doing wrong things, wearing wrong clothes.”

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"your workorder failed validation"
"very sorry,,, could you please edit these 200 values manually?"

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
*plots your death, when seeing you eat with your left hand.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Police Academy III posted:

Most of the indian dudes I work with are cool guys who actually understand how to write software but sorry if you're manager thought he could save a few bucks by hiring people who could pretend to have heard of java.

yeah ive worked with indian dudes in a corporate environment and also now in a small business support environment and they are pretty cool all around, about as retarded or as good at their job as anyone else. half the time i call Microsoft they school me or i spend a few hours on the phone until im kicked up to someone who can fix sharepoint or whatever

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i don't understand a lot of this technobabble but i'm enjoying being a part of "net" culture

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

d0s posted:

sage wisdom. the only place in tech where you don't feel totally soulless is marketing. and even then, you die a little on the inside when you work in it.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

amityville anus posted:

Have you tried raping it off and back on again?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

do you mean marketing as in the weird social media voodoo where they analyze how people are "engaging with brands" and poo poo or marketing as in making tv commercials for oracle. if it's the first thing idk how people can do that and still be people at the end of the day it sounds terrible

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

TEAYCHES posted:

I've never had a problem with an Indian guy on the phone except they sometimes REALLY want to commit to the fact they're not in India and when I get it out of them I act all amazed because it IS pretty amazing there's a guy on the other side of the planet who's on call to help me with stuff at the drop of a hat. "How's Mumbai treating ya?"

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Over the phone "Hi I'm John!"

......you're a loving liar, "john".

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
"my name is Fred. Fred Durst."

(This actually happened)

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

taxi driver- you are very beautiful woman would you like to gently caress yes

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

hello i am havening the issues with the something awful projects kindly do the needful and pls send the codes my mob +912240683000

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Wasn't it a Indian Customer Support that created one of the funniest hosed up Stars Wars Online stories?

There was a day one patch problem, affecting everyone nearly. And SWO had two tech support levels, one in Ireland and one in Asia somewhere, probably India. The Asia guys dealt with the low level problems and if serious passed it over the Ireland center.
And one of the Asia support guys gave a 20 step self file editing solution to the problem, that no one publicly knew about, and once the Ireland center found about it they threatened the player with a ban!
For getting a solution to his problem!

Can't find it in a google search, hope someone remembers it in more detail.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

*receives a ticket to block malicious email going to every single person in the company.*

*Sends ticket back saying the help desk should call then user and walk them through Outlook rules."

*Receives a detailed, illustrated guide on how to fill out request forms properly.*

*Submits request form with absolutely nothing requested, froths with rage when the request is not fulfilled within the hour.*

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
we should be using union all everywhere, it's so good!

• Locked thread