Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

katlington posted:

But, in scenes broadcast in advance of the premiere of the film, India’s Daughter, Mukesh Singh showed little remorse and suggested his victim would not have been killed if she had not fought back against her attackers.

He said: “A girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy … A decent girl won’t roam around at nine o’clock at night … Housework and housekeeping is for girls, not roaming in discos and bars at night doing wrong things, wearing wrong clothes.”

In everywhere but like Mumbai, Delhi or Goa it's still very uncommon for women to go out to bars. Like it's just a bunch of dudes getting hammered on three glycerine filled beers, watching that weird cricket show that airs nightly, and rubbing each others dicks because man Indian men are all over each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you guys like dilbert?

i'm not pretending to be an indian tech worker i'm just asking if you folks, in this thread (itt), like dilbert

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
you can tell that goons work at the bottom-tier tech companies because competent management realized outsourced tech work pretty much sucks around 2008 and it's been in decline since then

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Let's make a programming language that is simple enough for business users to use so we don't need programmers.

Oh, that didn't work. Let's make a framework that can produce code directly from UML diagrams.

Oh, that didn't work. I guess we need programmers, but let's commoditize them.

It's almost like you can't abstract away problem solving.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr. Pumroy posted:

you guys like dilbert?

i'm not pretending to be an indian tech worker i'm just asking if you folks, in this thread (itt), like dilbert

They put the final nail in Dilbert's coffin when they took away his tie and gave him a stupid polo shirt.
Also Dilbert hasn't been funny in literal decades.

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

Parallax Scroll posted:

*breaks dozens of unit tests*

*checks code in anyway*

"Look, it compiles doesn't it? and black-box testing* indicates that it works"

*i.e. it compiles.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

ashgromnies posted:

you can tell that goons work at the bottom-tier tech companies because competent management realized outsourced tech work pretty much sucks around 2008 and it's been in decline since then
there are lots of old offshored apps that still limp along because the business needs them and it's very lucrative to go in and fix their poo poo but it's also hella annoying.

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!
I've seen worse programming from lazy white people. Here's a tip, if you want job security learn COBOL, because you can be total poo poo and stay employed forever because no one learns it anymore but places still use it.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

ashgromnies posted:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The company I work for makes enterprise level software. 97% of the fortune 500 companies use our stuff. That means I most of my day is spent trying to figure out how contract workers (IBM and Accenture especially) gently caress things up. I don't know how we are not back to living in caves with the way they handle systems.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ashgromnies posted:

lol have you ever worked in healthcare IT? doesn't matter if some random indian has full control over HIPA compliant healthcare info as long as the company can save a few bucks per month.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

a bone to pick posted:

lol have you ever worked in healthcare IT? doesn't matter if some random indian has full control over HIPA compliant healthcare info as long as the company can save a few bucks per month.

What's funny is that companies will by North American only support contracts, then fire all US workers and ship the jobs to Mumbai or Hyderabad. Then they wonder why issues take so long to get resolved because I guess they didn't think that have a 13 hour time difference would contribute to that.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Hello sir I am going to cut you and throw you in a slow moving river have a nice day

quote:

"He admitted that he was in India … and then he said, 'If you come to India, you know what we do to Anglo people?' I said, 'No.'

"He said, 'We cut them up in little pieces and throw them in the river."

But it didn't end there. The scammer knew Dulisse's full name and Canadian address, telling him he would send someone to his home to kill him.

Dulisse said the threats were chilling, but hard to take seriously.

"He was still trying to get me to do what he was trying to do with my computer. He was actually threatening me as a tactic."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/microsoft-tech-support-scammer-recorded-threatening-to-kill-b-c-man-1.2980453

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
My email ID is a as in elpha, haysh as in hotel, a as in elpha, as in elpha, haysh as in hotel, a as in elpha, as in elpha, haysh as in hotel, a as in elpha, as in elpha, haysh as in hotel, a as in elpha, as in elpha, haysh as in hotel, a as in elpha at as in elpha, haysh as in hotel, a as in elpha, as in elpha, haysh as in hotel, a as in elpha, as in elpha, haysh as in hotel, a as in elpha dot com.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Doesn't meet ticket quota, Mola Ram pulls your heart out through your ribcage during a staff meeting.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Mr. Pumroy posted:

you guys like dilbert?

Indian like Ghandi, or Indian like Sitting Bull?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ashgromnies posted:

One common issue in a lot of companies is that some guy will get promoted from middle to upper management and has it in his head that he needs to do something fast that will save the company money and show everyone how awesome he is. My uncle is middle-management for an aerospace company and his department had to make a powerpoint presentation explaining why outsourcing work to India has never, and will never save the company money, and always ends up costing more and taking longer than keeping things in-house.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
Me: please add text from column b to the articlenumbers in column a. Do not change any other info. See attached xls file.

Srikant: Good day mr Indy! How are you doing? info in columns e and f do not match. Please advise!!!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

:talks loudly on cell phone while taking an enormous, loud dump:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ryoshi posted:

:talks loudly on cell phone while taking an enormous, loud dump:

lmao is that an indian thing I've always wondered who's doing that

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

healthcare IT is bottom-tier, so no

i mean, healthcare just had the anthem breach. healthcare is garbage and has garbage employees.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Code Jockey posted:

lmao is that an indian thing I've always wondered who's doing that

Also china

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
HELLO OLIVE GARDEN? YES YES I AM HNGGHHHHHHHH WANTING TO MAKE A RESERVA-GNHNHHHHNGH-RESERVATION FOR 5 PM PLEASE

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I am of an inferior race

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
Hallo, vee hope you are having a guten morgen! Vee hafh to enable remote administration, ja?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

ashgromnies posted:

i mean, healthcare just had the anthem breach. healthcare is garbage and has garbage employees.

Healthcare IT tends to pay really well, though. It isn't particularly worth it but the money is good which is better than a lot if alternatives.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

thika thika thika thika

thika thika thika

thikathikathikathikathikathika okay thikathikathika okay

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

HonorableTB posted:

Kindly revert and do the needful

please: fix this problem, by solving the issue

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
The problem is there is no accountability

if jimmy down on level 3 hosed up something i'd go down there and be like jimmy what's up man you seriously dropped the ball on this one we need to get this over the line and score some points with the CIO

if thrnaglbasism from the depths of bengaluru fucks up something I send his manager prashsim an e-mail and never hear anything

basically to resolve this issue there should be a terry tate office linebacker type person in each indian office who can body slam and choke out cunts at my whim.

At Waterloo
Dec 16, 2007

Oh baby darling you will see, your blood belongs to him a soulless feast.

ashgromnies posted:

I work in an office dealing with medical insurance, and all the insurance reps I call who are obviously based in India are super nice and competent and have very convincing American accents. So there's that. Also, the wait times for call centers based in India are way lower than American based call centers. More people manning the phones, I guess.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ryoshi posted:

thika thika thika thika

thika thika thika

thikathikathikathikathikathika okay thikathikathika okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj56IPJOqWE

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*wipes rear end with hand and dunks it in bucket of dirty poo poo water*

stump collector
May 28, 2007
"Now you've realized the inner mysteries of yoga!"

stump collector
May 28, 2007
"Yoga yoga yoga yoga."

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
If you could please look on this impoortant issue right away sir and do the needful.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yes we will get this done on today morning.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

exethan posted:

"Now you've realized the inner mysteries of yoga!"

Took me a minute to remember where this was from. Thanks for doing the needful

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
*is absurdly good with cobol and ibm assembler for someone who's barely 25*
*is way better at their job than the 30+ year veterans who've literally been doing this poo poo their entire lives*

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

pretty soft girl posted:

*is absurdly good with cobol and ibm assembler for someone who's barely 25*
*is way better at their job than the 30+ year veterans who've literally been doing this poo poo their entire lives*

*Is Albert Einstein of India*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

If you would kindly do the needful, we will be trending towards 99% completion.

(The needful ( previous request for an action) makes no sense to anyone working with them).

• Locked thread