Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
1. HOLY loving poo poo LESEAN MCCOY GOT TRADED TO THE BILLS

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/3/8145169/lesean-mccoy-trade-eagles-running-back-buffalo-bills-kiko-alonso

2. Trent Cole (OLB) got cut
3. Cary Williams (CB) got cut
4. Todd Herremans (RG) got cut
5. Nate Allen (FS), Bradley Fletcher (CB) and a bunch of other FAs are unlikely to return

Discuss which Eagle is the next to leave the nest here.

Also give your thoughts on Chip "The Cleaver" Kelly

Please provide your favorite insane "Eagles get Mariota" trade fantasies in here as well.

axeil fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
quack quack bitch

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
How are they going to get enough picks to trade up for Mariota though?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

the Eagles are going to give up more than the Vikings did when they got Walker

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Makes sense, Bills had the 4th best D in the league with Kiko on the bench.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Shady out of the NFC east. Yesssss

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parmesan Basil posted:

we're moments away from a trade being announced involving 1 overall and Kiko Alonso

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I wish I had been with pen and paper listening to WIP on my lunch breaks this offseason. I always just laughed at all the idiots calling in talking about their favorite insanity for trying to get mariota as if he is even anything more than the best prospect qb in the draft (see 2013 draft).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Darren Sproles is about to be put into hyperdrive.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Huh. How were the Eagles linebackers? I thought their secondary was the disaster zone.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Metapod posted:

the Eagles are going to give up more than the Vikings did when they got Walker

The Cleaver will not stop until his bloodlust is sated.

Or he gets Mariota, whichever comes first.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
A head scratchier for both teams.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

HOLY poo poo

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

axeil posted:

The Cleaver will not stop until his bloodlust is sated.

Or he gets Mariota, whichever comes first.

Or he recreates the Oregon Ducks 2013 roster

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

McCoy's production dropped last year and this trade signals that the mileage has caught up with him. Alonso is still on his rookie deal iirc, which makes him cheaper.

Not that far fetched of a trade imo.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Huh. How were the Eagles linebackers? I thought their secondary was the disaster zone.

Not much better than the secondary, which is why the secondary was REALLY bad. I was already laughing that we were signing the trash thrown out by the packers at linebacker and then don't even get old man cole just for like a year or two.

If this is a real thing that is happening it is more insane than any scenario to get mariota that a 97.5 caller could think up.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
In more tragic news, I once again own no jerseys of active Eagles players.

drat you Cleaver! drat you!

Asproigerosis posted:

Not much better than the secondary, which is why the secondary was REALLY bad. I was already laughing that we were signing the trash thrown out by the packers at linebacker and then don't even get old man cole just for like a year or two.

If this is a real thing that is happening it is more insane than any scenario to get mariota that a 97.5 caller could think up.

The linebackers are at least better than where they were in 2011 when the Dream Team happened.

That isn't saying much though.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 28s28 seconds ago
Notes on the looming LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso trade (first reported by @AdamSchefter). McCoy keeps his lofty salary. No picks involved

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Basically a shambles by the end of the season. With Demeco's health in question and Cole being released (see above) they do need them.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

What the gently caress is Chris Polk the starting back now because its certainly not Darren 32 years old Sproles

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Badfinger posted:

Basically a shambles by the end of the season. With Demeco's health in question and Cole being released (see above) they do need them.

...gently caress I totally forgot about DeMeco being injured.

We're so hosed.

Quest For Glory II posted:

What the gently caress is Chris Polk the starting back now because its certainly not Darren 32 years old Sproles

Apparently he was mad about not getting enough playing time and didn't wanna come back. Wonder if he'll change his mind nowahahahahahaha:suicide:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

They'll trade up for Mariota and then trade up for Gurley.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

And they didn't even franchise tag Maclin what the gently caress

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Volkerball posted:

They'll trade up for Mariota and then trade up for Gurley.

they wont have enough assets to trade up and get gurley after mariota

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

And they didn't even franchise tag Maclin what the gently caress
Oh he'll be traded to get Mariota

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The Eagles have around $50 million in cap space now.

What the gently caress are they planning?

This really, really seems like "sign all the FAs and trade all your picks for Mariota" and I am terrified. :ohdear:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I approve of any move that hurts the Eagles.

This trade owns. Run wild Shady.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

they wont have enough assets to trade up and get gurley after mariota

Philly seems like a nice spot for a guy like Abdullah who'll be available later on.

Or they can bring back Henry Josey and let him dominate the league for years.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

This really, really seems like "sign all the FAs and trade all your picks for Mariota" and I am terrified. :ohdear:

your window begins today, friend

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

axeil posted:

They're going to buy the University of Oregon.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Philly seems like a nice spot for a guy like Abdullah who'll be available later on.

Or they can bring back Henry Josey and let him dominate the league for years.

Adrian Peterson :unsmigghh:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A Man and his dog posted:

I approve of any move that hurts the Eagles.

This trade owns. Run wild Shady.

Better to trade a RB a year too early than a year too late.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Maybe an anonymous story will come out tomorrow about Shady McCoy's gang ties, totally not fraudulently leaked by the team

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

axeil posted:

Adrian Peterson :kheldragar:

Honestly at this point this is the only move that will sate me if only because of how stupid it is.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

oh no my avatar

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Maybe an anonymous story will come out tomorrow about Shady McCoy's gang ties, totally not fraudulently leaked by the team
He's a member of the notorious 'eSean' gang

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Honestly at this point this is the only move that will sate me if only because of how stupid it is.

Chip Kelly names himself starting QB, RB, WR, TE, RT, RG, C, and LG. Jason Peters can stay as LT.

shyduck posted:

He's a member of the notorious 'eSean' gang

:golfclap:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

axeil posted:

They're getting rid of old or mediocre players and traded a player who appears to be on the downside to address a position of need.

It came in a flurry but theses moves make sense for building a roster.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'm so happy god I hated Shady so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the eagles will do the notorious direct wr snap from Madden '09

• Locked thread