Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

In more tragic news, I once again own no jerseys of active Eagles players.

Oh yeah, me too :(

The Jerome Brown throwback never goes out of style though.

I don't like this Shady trade one bit, but I think I'm probably being sentimental and that it's a really good trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm glad I realized after my TO and McNabb jerseys as a child, it was pointless to get active players so now I just wear my 00 QB EAGLES kelly green.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quest For Glory II posted:

Maybe an anonymous story will come out tomorrow about Shady McCoy's gang ties, totally not fraudulently leaked by the team

Shady mCCoy. :tinfoil:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

What the gently caress is Chris Polk the starting back now because its certainly not Darren 32 years old Sproles

I guess the idea is that between FA and the draft there are plenty of replacement candidates this year.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Oh yeah, me too :(

The Jerome Brown throwback never goes out of style though.

I don't like this Shady trade one bit, but I think I'm probably being sentimental and that it's a really good trade.

I mean, yeah I think it's probably smart to get rid of an older RB but this just puts more fuel on the Mariota fire.

I have an exclusive picture of said Mariota fire btw:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

The Eagles have around $50 million in cap space now.

What the gently caress are they planning?

This really, really seems like "sign all the FAs and trade all your picks for Mariota" and I am terrified. :ohdear:

I am terrified of this possible reality too. I've been breaking my mirrors methodically refusing to accept that this is Chip Kelly's plan and praying that our hopes in him were not misplaced but as the shards fall to the ground they taunt me with images of a sullen Foles holding a jock strap with "Chipiota" lovingly sewn into it

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Volkerball posted:

quack quack bitch

And the whitest team in the NFL gets whiter.

Maybe Chip Kelly is trying to put together a team culture of players that are not uncomfortable around Riley Cooper.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

commy gun posted:

They're getting rid of old or mediocre players and traded a player who appears to be on the downside to address a position of need.

It came in a flurry but theses moves make sense for building a roster.
Maclin isn't old or mediocre

The Eagles now have holes at RB, WR, DE, OLB, CB, CB, and FS lol

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Please dont waste Shady, Bills.

He is so fun to watch.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrw2EpXtTeg

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol. Eagle fans trying to justify this. Yes his contract was poo poo, and that's how the FO is saying why for the trade. I get that.

But you are losing a guy who started all 16 games the past two seasons. Carried the rock over 600 times (with only 4 fumbles). And averaged 1,500 yards the past two seasons.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

How will Greg Roman use this exciting new McCoy? :ohdear:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Dream Team 2.0 imo

A Man and his dog posted:

Lol. Eagle fans trying to justify this. Yes his contract was poo poo, and that's how the FO is saying why for the trade. I get that.

But you are losing a guy who started all 16 games the past two seasons. Carried the rock over 600 times (with only 4 fumbles). And averaged 1,500 yards the past two seasons.

The only way this isn't a bad trade in the short term is if Kiko totally fixes the defense. Or if Chris Polk is the second coming of Barry Sanders which :lol:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

I have an exclusive picture of said Mariota fire btw:

My campaign to start a populist movement for Brandon Bridge has been a lamentable failure.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think more Eagles fans are bewildered than trying to justify it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cool

quote:

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports new Bills RB LeSean McCoy is expected to "make noise about wanting an extension," and could even threaten to decline to report to training camp.

Also Bills told CJ Spiller he won't be re-signed, so I guess we can start the countdown to "CJ Spiller signs with Eagles"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cool

Also Bills told CJ Spiller he won't be re-signed, so I guess we can start the countdown to "CJ Spiller signs with Eagles"

No, He's signing with the Jets.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Like, what the gently caress is going on? We had so few holes before this past week. Even if the plan is to grab Mariota, what is the cost of doing that? We just let our star RB go for a linebacker to replace Cole? A guy who was hurt last year? We're cutting our CBs which is great from a performance standpoint but who the hell is going to take their place? Are we going to start two rookie CBs? And now I'm hearing that Nate Allen isn't even going to be asked back. Yeah, he's crap, but he's just not-crap enough to be ok when our corner situation is what it is. And we still need another receiver even if we resign Maclin which is no sure thing! Ahhh, gently caress, I'm getting really worried.

I think this probably means we aren't moving on from Foles though, right? Too many holes to fill to make a new one unnecessarily.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Hes almost 30 (right?), but more importantly they'd have to overpay to keep him. Not letting needs dictate how you spend in free agency and draft is a sound philosophy.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Cool

Chip cleaning out the locker room cancer; Riley Cooper promoted to team captain for inner city community outreach

I am perfectly happy and in fact relieved by the idea of seeing all rookies in the secondary instead of what we had last year. I don't even care, at least I could go well he's an UDFA so how can I be mad?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Mike Clay just compared this trade to the Flyers trading Richards and Carter and I can't stop laughing.

I guess Shady is going to win a SB in Buffalo?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The Eagles have more cap room than the Raiders now.

:vince:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They also think he's done is my guess. He looked pretty bad for large stretches of last year and I bet that Chip thinks he can get productive running out of worse backs behind our excellent OL.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

He's going to the Jets to reunite with Chan Gailey.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Looks lopsided at first, but running backs are pretty much the most interchangeable players on NFL rosters nowadays.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Chip cleaning out the locker room cancer; Riley Cooper promoted to team captain for inner city community outreach

I am perfectly happy and in fact relieved by the idea of seeing all rookies in the secondary instead of what we had last year. I don't even care, at least I could go well he's an UDFA so how can I be mad?

Have you forgotten Dimitri Patterson: starting CB already?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"What if I fielded a team ... with no players???" Chip Kelly scribbled into his notebook while taking a poo poo

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The flip side argument is they trade an RB with a huge salary going into his 7th year who didn't fit Chip Kelly's desire for a downhill runner who hits holes rather than dance behind the line of scrimmage. In return they got a young defensive star at a position of need (with DeMeco Ryans old and coming off of injury, and now almost certainly released for more cap $$$) who is still on his rookie deal and can be a force in the middle of their defense for years to come.

That would be the argument.

In the end, I'm still pissed off about DeSean Jackson.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

axeil posted:

Have you forgotten Dimitri Patterson: starting CB already?

It's a new day, a Chip Kelly day.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
I'd like to think Chip Kelly is laughing maniacally as he does all of this.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

sweet thursday posted:

"What if I fielded a team ... with no players???" Chip Kelly scribbled into his notebook while taking a poo poo

"What if, instead of paying for players we have the players pay us?"

eh someone liked it, I'll keep it.

axeil fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 4, 2015

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

DariusLikewise posted:

Looks lopsided at first, but running backs are pretty much the most interchangeable players on NFL rosters nowadays.

I would agree with you for about 29 of the teams currently. Shady is not in that 29.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He's literally removing all semblance of our old team and culture and replacing it with his own guys. You could even say Foles is a Kelly man because before Kelly, nobody really held out hope for him.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I have this football. Only, it's not shaped like a football at all. If you'll notice-- it's square. This is what we're going to practice with from now on. This is going to win us the Super Bowl.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Athanatos posted:

I would agree with you for about 29 of the teams currently. Shady is not in that 29.

I agree, Trent Richardson is a talent unlike any other out there. And I guess Marshawn Lynch is the other one? I dunno.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

New Division posted:

I'd like to think Chip Kelly is laughing maniacally as he does all of this.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

The Eagles have more cap room than the Raiders now.

:vince:

60 million?

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

axeil posted:

"What if, instead of paying for players we have the players pay us?"

Truly a college coach.

Chip ponders, and begins to write. "No Eagles Super Bowls. Common element: the Eagles? Explore further."

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

True and Real posted:

He's literally removing all semblance of our old team and culture and replacing it with his own guys. You could even say Foles is a Kelly man because before Kelly, nobody really held out hope for him.

I have always been a #Foleiever

Volkerball posted:

60 million?

I thought it was only $56 million? Twitter folks are saying this move puts the Eagles at $57 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Uhhh that's a great counter point. I agree.

The thing is if Maclin leaves uhhh you guys are hosed.

I mean really the Eagles are kinda in despair mode right now.... No true QB. RB is now a ?... The best WR on the team might bounce...

Cool. The Cowboys are going to keep winning the division until Romo retires in 5 years.

:suicide:

• Locked thread