Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

uG posted:

who gives a poo poo we will all be dead before global warming or trash bull poo poo kills us. let the dumb rear end kids take care of that poo poo. suckers

whichever apocalypse can't come soon enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah its kinda satisfying to know we're the last generation that won't get materially hosed voer by global warming. at least here in the first world

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
My old workplace had free K cups, I abused that poo poo. It was hooked up to it's own water supply too so it was free, on-demand coffee. I think that's what I miss the most.

Now I have a thermos and I brew in the morning and pour myself hot coffee all day. I miss the consistency that K cups bring, it's expensive to buy a grinder and coffee maker that makes good coffee every time. The Keurig consistently brews decent coffee.

Lmbo if you think coffee is disgusting, go drink hot cocoa like a manchild, or tea like some libfag

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
lol if you don't get your caffeine by sticking a 2 way pill up your butt

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
btw this is way, way better

http://www.amazon.com/Namyang-French-Cafe-Coffee-Mix/dp/B008A7SBYW

open container
Sep 16, 2008

just a heads up, if you go this route make sure to keep your keurig !!! you can still use it as the perfect hot water dispenser :D

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Though, everyone here just drinks horrible coffee powder instead and looks at me like I'm from the moon when they wander into my kitchen and see beans/grounds, so we're definitely even worse. People are genuinely too lazy to do anything more than lethargically spoon some brown mush from a jar into a cup and fill it with hot water lmao
this is me but i will freely admit i am a monster

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax
i heard that you can use bleach to clean your keurig without having to do a lot of water flushes and it makes your coffee taste great afterwards

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Keurig K-Cup machines never made poo poo for sense to me.

Spend more money to make less coffee at a time!? YES PLEASE I'LL PAY $250 FOR THAT :shepicide:

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Keurig single-serve machines never made poo poo for sense to me.

Spend more money to make less coffee at a time!? YES PLEASE I'LL PAY $250 FOR THAT :shepicide:

adult swim

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Seriously why only brew coffee one cup at a time? You're just gonna go back for more later. Might as well make it all now.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Ancient Mariner posted:

i heard that you can use bleach to clean your keurig without having to do a lot of water flushes and it makes your coffee taste great afterwards

Mmmm, the great taste of coffee + bleach.

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Seriously why only brew coffee one cup at a time? You're just gonna go back for more later. Might as well make it all now.

your dumb rear end makes weak coffee that has no effect you should probably take the autismal tendencies you have about childrens cartoons and focus them on your coffee like a rational adult

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I only have the 1 in the morning at home, and it takes 30 seconds. Keurigs own.

Also I've never cleaned mine in 4 years but i use purified water so...

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
lol at the guy calling teadrinkers libfags when the world drinks about six billion cups of tea a day

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Keurig K-Cup machines never made poo poo for sense to me.

Mine was $90.

And I normally have one cup in the morning and that's it, so making a pot wouldn't make much sense for me.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Libelous Slander posted:

lol at the guy calling teadrinkers libfags when the world drinks about six billion cups of tea a day

loving sheeple

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Who could have predicted that use of my invention would have negative side effects? - Robert Oppenheimer That Keurig Guy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gothmog1065 posted:

My wife uses it for coffee and I have a roommate who abuses the gently caress out of it and spends the money on the expensive name brand pods too. The roommate bought the refillable pod and it sits unused on top of the machine.

haha you're married AND have a room mate.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Libelous Slander posted:

lol if u ain't named muhammad

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My wife bought one on craigslist. I've got a dozen refillable k cups, and grind my own beans to fill them. It is nice to make a single serving quickly before work. Buying the cups is ludicrous though.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
If you use Keurigs, you're a piece of poo poo, and also you're dumb. Every justification you put forth sounds like the whiney and unearned protestations of an entitled child. "Whaaah, I can't just make less coffee, I HATE measuring. Please give me a way to make my go go dwink as easy to make as sticking this fat finger up my first world corn-fed non-recyclable rear end!"

If poo poo really goes down, if you actually had to understand strife, you would crumple up like a straw wrapper in a puddle of your own fear urine.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

If you use Keurigs, you're a piece of poo poo, and also you're dumb. Every justification you put forth sounds like the whiney and unearned protestations of an entitled child. "Whaaah, I can't just make less coffee, I HATE measuring. Please give me a way to make my go go dwink as easy to make as sticking this fat finger up my first world corn-fed non-recyclable rear end!"

If poo poo really goes down, if you actually had to understand strife, you would crumple up like a straw wrapper in a puddle of your own fear urine.

America

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I have one of those things that makes single cups of coffee by filling it's little metal filter with ground coffee and it is about 20 seconds more effort than a kuerig

also a autodrip that I use every morning to make and drink 5 cups of coffee

then i bought a grinder so my countertop has three separate little idols to my caffeine addiction on it

I hide the moka pot, french press, pourover cone thing, and old percolator pot somewhere else

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
if you need a cup of cofee RIGHT NOW, AND WITHOUT ALL THE WORK!!!! why dont you just buy nescafe

open container
Sep 16, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

if you need a cup of cofee RIGHT NOW, AND WITHOUT ALL THE WORK!!!! why dont you just buy nescafe

if you'd bother to read the thread you would have realized that you could use them together

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Monkey Fracas posted:

I have one of those things that makes single cups of coffee by filling it's little metal filter with ground coffee and it is about 20 seconds more effort than a kuerig

also a autodrip that I use every morning to make and drink 5 cups of coffee

then i bought a grinder so my countertop has three separate little idols to my caffeine addiction on it

I hide the moka pot, french press, pourover cone thing, and old percolator pot somewhere else

There are also these loving things, which are extremely easy to use and clean, don't cost practically anything, and don't use electricity or whatever:

http://www.trung-nguyen-online.com/about-vietnamese-coffee-filter.php

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

open container posted:

if you'd bother to read the thread you would have realized that you could use them together

not enough caffeine in system to bother reading, srry

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

if you're not using your fear urine, I can take it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gothmog1065 posted:

Single serving size. That's the main draw of the Keurig and it's ilk.

I bought mine as a hot water dispenser for my tea, makes perfect cup size for tea with almost no hassle. No refillable cups, no pods, just hot water over my tea.

I bought one of those and that's all I used it for because it makes lovely coffee. Threw it away when I moved because a microwave and a pyrex measuring cup does a better job.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Mr. Coffee is one of the most revolutionary pieces of industrial design in the 20th century. Keurig is some dumb bullshit.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Raku posted:

Seems like it would be really easy to make them recyclable.

If they made them recyclable how would they DRM the poo poo out of them

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Coffee with copyright protection. Did anyone ever imagine a cyberpunk future this lame?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

haha the dude doesnt even say anything about the "environmental" side effects, he might not give a poo poo. all he says is that if you bought his product, you a re a dumb bitch

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
the keurig hhate is so lol. I mean I get some of it is kind of half hearted, but some people really hate this coffee machine

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 4, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
lol at everyone complaining about the price of cups and how their coffee takes 20 more seconds to make

those of us with real jobs can afford to pay for those 20 seconds, so the joke's on you

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Time is money. Gotta get to my high powered job 20 seconds sooner so I can make post.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Don't you people have machines that grind the beans for a single serving? Just need to refill them with water and coffee beans. Jura makes nice ones, but I guess they're not for poors, in which case you should die instead of drinking coffe imo

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Germstore posted:

Time is money. Gotta get to my high powered job 20 seconds sooner so I can make post.

lol this poor doesn't even have an avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'll have you know I have my butler grind coffee beans with his teeth and then pour 188F water in his mouth. He then feeds me my coffee like a baby bird.

• Locked thread