Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

When I first starting reading SA (around 9/11 lol) I was like 16 years old. I'm now 30. And it seems like thread topics when I first posted was all like teenage 4chan poo poo, and then it was college nerd poo poo, and now it's all about how awesome it is having careers and houses. I have to assume that everyone on this forum basically is 30+ years old now.

In conclusion I look forward to 40 years from now when this forum is filled with senior citizen faggots all talking about how much their knees hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
im 12

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I'm 30 and I like to jack it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rocks posted:

When I first starting reading SA (around 9/11 lol) I was like 16 years old. I'm now 30. And it seems like thread topics when I first posted was all like teenage 4chan poo poo, and then it was college nerd poo poo, and now it's all about how awesome it is having careers and houses. I have to assume that everyone on this forum basically is 30+ years old now.

In conclusion I look forward to 40 years from now when this forum is filled with senior citizen faggots all talking about how much their knees hurt

29 here.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yes

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
its funny, somethingawful is like some hosed up family. ive distinctly noticed this over the years as well. imagine back in the early 2000's if you made a post about your loving job or something or a mortgage.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

OP i turn 25 in five days so no

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
physically 28, emotionally 12ish, my posting is an eclectic mix of old skool and new

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

30 year old here. Registered in 2001.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

i am extremely 14

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
i'm rapidly approaching the "big three oooooh" but i'm gonna kill myself before i get there so it's all good.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

i'm rapidly approaching the "big three oooooh" but i'm gonna kill myself before i get there so it's all good.

i was gonna say age is just a number but i don't want to prevent this

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

yes, 40, first paywall account in 2002. its miserable isnt it

e: we should change the angle of the thread to 'how much more fun you were having when you got your first account

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I discovered the forums in October 2009 when I was 12. Now I'm 17.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
30+ year old crew checking in.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've been 30 years or older for 22 years...

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

just phoned my doctor to consult him, turns out i'm 24

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
im 30+ and my 2 year old daughter calls people out on their farts its pretty rad being a dad

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

LegoPirateNinja posted:

im 30+ and my 2 year old daughter calls people out on their farts its pretty rad being a dad
mines 13, it gets better when you can talk to them about real things and try to subvert their minds to proper music

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Seaside Loafer posted:

e: we should change the angle of the thread to 'how much more fun you were having when you got your first account

i got a few years to go yet but honestly i don't think the forums are less fun now so much as a lot of y'all have found good, worthwhile things to do w/your lifes while the rest of us here are just too brainsad to ever improve ourselfes.
not me though. i just got RPG vx ace maker, gonna get those big kickstarter RPG dollars and start my own classic JRPG company.

edit: honestly a lot of the dadtalk here has made me less afraid to become a dad & has repaired my damaged relationship w/my father so, goons who are dads/moms, even if you feel like you suck you're posts are good and i appreciate them. :3 post more babys please & thanks.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i will never be fit to be a parent and i have to assume most goons are the same way

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Seaside Loafer posted:

mines 13, it gets better when you can talk to them about real things and try to subvert their minds to proper music

is the dad hatred mandatory :ohdear:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
33, can't remember when I registered and am too lazy to check at the moment.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Seaside Loafer posted:

your dad music sucks stop ruining your kid

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
lol OP ur old

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
30 is the new 16 though, so we're actually a totally rad group of teens doing totally tubular things to the maxxx

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i got a few years to go yet but honestly i don't think the forums are less fun now so much as a lot of y'all have found good
Oh I was reffering to real life, forums have almost mostly been good. Im just thinking about what I was up to when i was 28 as opposed to the misery that is my life now :/

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Still in my twenties. drat I joined when I was 16.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

LegoPirateNinja posted:

god no, my little lauren loves her daddy and puts up with my telling her stuff with wide eyes :) its really nice honest. how long much longer that will last i do not know

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Seaside Loafer posted:

maybe more fun but i was a lot dumber ten years ago im pretty sure, so it's kind of a wash

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
Mid-30s here too.
Should've made this a poll. I wonder how age differences vary based on subforum. For example, if the average age of FYAD posters is also mid-30s, I'm not quite sure how I'd feel about that.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I am currently in my larval stage

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Its weird. Since I registered Ive stopped aging. I only notice normal aging effects when Ive been banned, so its like some Portrait of Dorian Gay thing

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Its weird. Since I registered Ive stopped aging. I only notice normal aging effects when Ive been banned, so its like some Portrait of Dorian Gay thing

like when you die you leave a beautiful corpse but then your heirs start looking through your internet history are terrified at how often you looked at a picture of a gaping rear end in a top hat

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Apparently, that's part of having kids. For a long time, you can take your kids to a restaurant, shove french fries up your nose, and they will laugh and say "That's funny, Daddy!" Then one day you do it, and they roll their eyes and say "Oh, Father! Grow up!"

And this is why I decided to never have kids.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

sup '86 bro

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

30 with a kid checking in

What up old people? Getting close to senior discounts!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
27 but 28 in May. I wish I was still dumb and ignorant enough that things were still novel and new.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im a tween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
If you are an under 30 goon I think you are a piece of poo poo. Thanks for reading. :bahgawd:

• Locked thread