Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp
i am eternity. the beginning and the end. the cosmic void that demands flesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SKELETON GHOST posted:

i am eternity. the beginning and the end. the cosmic void that demands flesh

i thought that was your mother

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

:boom:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 6, 2015

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

VendaGoat posted:

Son you have to get over hear. I'm not able to meld with the hive mind and I'm sure it has something to do with the AOL virus database needs to be cleared and the cookies are all jammed up.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
26. i feel old in all the online games i play yet somehow most goons in the games forum are older

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

this is my first and last account

ever

i sware it

Bob Farley
May 23, 2012
I haven't quite reached one score and ten yet, but let's just say I'm part of a coveted market demographic :smug:

edit: not my first account, been reading since cliff yablonski was still updated

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I am the mid 30's.
Fear my uselessness.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

lots of old skeletons itt

(21)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:ssh: I tell people I'm 29

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wait, did something happen to Tokaii? :ohdear:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

He was driven out, basically.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

who the gently caress do you think in our generation will actually be able to afford a nursing home. it'll be the rich fucks who aren't paying you enough to live on now. like half the fuckin' population is gonna be self-employed in 2020 because our batshit moonbot overlords have replaced their servants with automated dick suckin vaccum cleaners made of cocaine.

being 30-40 w/a house & a good job is basically spending a bunch of years sitting stuck at the top of a roller coaster that will eventually collapse & kill everyone you love.

how's that degree in women's studies working out for you

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

16 is the sexiest age. a little thing called science

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Count Freebasie posted:

He was driven out, basically.

RideTheSpiral posted:

16 is the sexiest age. a little thing called science

Ok, I definitely need to know more. Anyone have a link?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

i dont remember exactly the situation but he outed himself as a reddit style ephebophile and was laughed off the forums because he was 80 years old

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Don't have a link, but it was basically SJWs saying that he was a racist, fascist cop back in the 60s, when he was actually quite progressive compared to the cops of that era and the ones he was working with. It was in that recent GBS era where comedy went out the window and everything turned into Tumblr-like discussion about social ills, minorities, and things like that. Then it turned into more of "you're out of touch and an old man who doesn't get the modern world," etc. It was over numerous numerous threads. Kind of like the way we beat up Three Olives mostly in a joking way, but there was real venom in the posts to Tokaii, so I think he just pulled the plug on it. Don't blame him really.

RideTheSpiral posted:

i dont remember exactly the situation but he outed himself as a reddit style ephebophile and was laughed off the forums because he was 80 years old

Did that happen?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Count Freebasie posted:

Don't have a link, but it was basically SJWs saying that he was a racist, fascist cop back in the 60s, when he was actually quite progressive compared to the cops of that era and the ones he was working with. It was in that recent GBS era where comedy went out the window and everything turned into Tumblr-like discussion about social ills, minorities, and things like that. Then it turned into more of "you're out of touch and an old man who doesn't get the modern world," etc. It was over numerous numerous threads. Kind of like the way we beat up Three Olives mostly in a joking way, but there was real venom in the posts to Tokaii, so I think he just pulled the plug on it. Don't blame him really.

Did that happen?

I'm looking through his post history, but I'm not really seeing any of it, unless all of these posts were in the Elder Scrolls Online thread that I quickly skimmed over.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=50818

Edit:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671361&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post436132620

also notable for redshirt defending yet another pedo

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Tokaii posted:

First, I am 72 and on so many medications that no woman, man or child could turn me on so I have no monkey in this circus.

But if people are going to act like hysterical housewives over the BFM thing at least get some facts right.

Assuming what has been posted so far is correct and this girl was 14-15 and lived in Iceland:

1. This makes him at worst a hebephile not a pedophile. It is a not insignificant difference as this is a lesser mental aberration. If she was 15 she may, depending on development have passed out of hebephile range and this would be no aberration at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

2. In America, for example, we incorrectly use the word pedophile for a man having sex with a 17 year old girl. Psychologists know that study after study (brain imaging, etc)show that men of all ages find females most attractive around age 16. But we have decided to protect these girls just as we have decided to protect many things by law. So that man with the 17 year old is breaking the law, but is not mentally aberrant.

3. The age of consent in Iceland is, indeed 15. So this BFM person was either legal or one year below legal and either non-aberrant or barely a hebephile.

So, in my opinion, BFM was a jerk back then and may be a jerk now, I don't know. Kicking him out was fine. But those of you acting like he was a baby-raper-murderer and SCT can never be forgiven for even giving him the benefit of the doubt for a few days are being ridiculously over-righteous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Well, I stand corrected. My aging brain isn't serving me well.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
A monkey-less circus must be depressing. Not as depressing as being a pederast, but still

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

34 and there's so much more.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i turn 30 tomorrow :(

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Guess what, your dong might not work but you can still be a pervert.

e. that said high school volleyball proves that all men are attracted to 16 year old girls

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
actually... i don't care.

GORDON fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 6, 2015

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I'm in my twenties but I pretend to be 30 to put grandpa to bed safely before I'm out skittleboardin' with hooligans there are youthful things out there at night, wooshing noises and the damp rattle of picklestix

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

i saw these posts in the wild, i feel pretty lucky

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

david... posted:

That seems like the polar opposite of lucky tbh

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
people all talk like we're grandpas of the internet but then i remembered i don't watch HGTV so i have a few years left at least

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Libelous Slander posted:

people all talk like we're grandpas of the internet but then i remembered i don't watch HGTV so i have a few years left at least

dude there's this show called Property Brothers that you should watch. it's really good.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im 24 years old

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

spooky girlfriend posted:

dude there's this show called Property Brothers that you should watch. it's really good.

*ages 10 years just from viewing that image*
i don't need to because i get all the latest happenings on da HG from my parents

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Libelous Slander posted:

*ages 10 years just from viewing that image*
i don't need to because i get all the latest happenings on da HG from my parents

no really you should try it, it's really gooooood

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

just try it, everybody is watching Property Brothers now

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Sorry , income property is where it's at

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

david... posted: