Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Silver Alicorn posted:

the product placement in back to the future was fun and good

no you see its a terrible movie becuase they used pepsi and duck hunt as a plot point in the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pagancow posted:

no you see its a terrible movie becuase they used pepsi and duck hunt as a plot point in the movie

much like you're thread jfc

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

this is why MTV blurs out brands so that the content can be pure, true, and untouched by advertisers hands.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pagancow posted:

come on you love me

i do, but only for who you are.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:3:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

pagancow posted:

ahem is was WILD GUNMAN

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pagancow posted:

kind of surprised nobody has tried to say blade runner is the worst movie in the world becuase they shove brands down your throat

this is because it's done well. the ads are obviously ads in the context of the film, they're part of the grim cyberpunk landscape, and this is what you'd expect to see

hell even william gibson uses about 20% actual brands as references in hes early cyberpunk stuff, but it's not out of place there

qirex posted:

the brands in blade runner are all advertisements which is the normal home of the brand, it's not like deckard used a surface pro 3 and cortana to zoom in on that photo then printed it on his epson stylus printer

yes, this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow posted:

this is why MTV blurs out brands so that the content can be pure, true, and untouched by advertisers hands.

mtv blurs out brands because visible branding in an mtv spot would hit some sort of singularity for fractal recursive advertizing and just pop the viewer's head scanners style

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

no you see the problem is that you're trying to see yourself in characters, so ones that dont buy anything and dont engage in brands are ones you identify with.

its of course obvious why deckard doesnt engage in brands hes a replicant

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

maybe that's why i've been wanting to buy some darts

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

It’s go time, Marvelites: Tweet using #AvengersAssemble to unite & unlock an epic new #Avengers #AgeOfUltron Trailer! http://flwcs.co/3BM

yes, we wont release this trailer we made unless you want it baaaaddd

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MY BRAND !!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

wow 8000 whole retweets that was a good use of an entire team of people's time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow posted:

yes, we wont release this trailer we made unless you want it baaaaddd

i think this is pretty great if only because it could fail

of course they'd release the trailer anyway, but it'd make someone look like a right wally wouldn't it?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

qirex posted:

wow 8000 whole retweets that was a good use of an entire team of people's time

ungh, it's like you don't even get social media engagement

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I saw that this morning and thought "An 'unlock' button? Hahaha, gently caress that and gently caress you."

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"it's go time, marvelites"

say that out loud. i dare you

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"engagement" is the worst idea

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

don't forget most of those hashtagged tweets are just promoting other poo poo on a trending hashtag

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

As a Millennial I posted:

"it's go time, marvelites"

say that out loud. i dare you

im doing it loil

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Silver Alicorn posted:

the product placement in back to the future was fun and good

don't know, toyota got right hosed on that one. who'd want a hilux after seeing the delorian. even without the cocaine hidden in the rear view mirror.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fRuoMIfpw

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What did you think about Nightcrawler, pagancow?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

"engagement" is the worst idea

agreed. don't get married folks, it's just not worth it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Management posted:

agreed. don't get married folks, it's just not worth it.

especially to a brand

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'd love to see the powerpoint that magically links a room full of interns posting "dennys on mad fleek yo keep it 100 bae" on twitter to increased sales

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

ppl don't watch ads so closeups on a Ford logo during Bones is what we get instead

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

yard salad posted:

ppl don't watch ads so closeups on a Ford logo during Bones is what we get instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4fY1_NSxF0

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

infernal machines posted:

especially to a brand

Yeah imagine if you got married to AMD during their athalon XP years yeeeesh

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol you guys getting all mad at the nissan product placement because they hold on the call off and GPS shot like 20 frames too long but you arent angry about the music flavor of the day they were pushing over the radio because the publisher needed that band to get more exposure even though it's totally out of character that she would be listening to music like that.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://clyp.it/502y4a2n

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow, how do i experience a brand?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

lol you guys getting all mad at the nissan product placement because they hold on the call off and GPS shot like 20 frames too long but you arent angry about the music flavor of the day they were pushing over the radio because the publisher needed that band to get more exposure even though it's totally out of character that she would be listening to music like that.

its amazing to me how many vectors there are to make money on a tv show.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
How many vectors are there to make money in theater Smythe?

Maybe you should talk to coca cola

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

my wife does theater shed be poor as poo poo on the streets without my java job

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNvGI9NTSDE

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

holy lol

now that's engagement

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

RIP, news.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

infernal machines posted:

pagancow, how do i experience a brand?

You just live life like a neurotypical, the companies have lots of people working to make sure you experience brands that enhance your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

nice!!!!

• Locked thread