Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
oh cool my email client is on a spring, that will definitely enhance my productivity

if i had to see an emacs icon on an x11 desktop i would have been despondent all day

-- said no one productive, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

oh cool my email client is on a spring, that will definitely enhance my productivity

if i had to see an emacs icon on an x11 desktop i would have been despondent all day

-- said no one productive, ever

have u let HR know about ur disabilities

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

big scary monsters posted:

i bet it turns out to be beos

i volunteer to rep for beos

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Smythe posted:

can u loving morons keep your flames to yourself. ur not in this... let the Flame Warriors do the flaming. jesus. like herding, erm "cattes" hehe

just offering words of encouragement

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

common cremnob lets see some posts please

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 397 days!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
IM going to START probating for posts thatr arent VICIOUS BURNS on an OS. I will not tolerate ANY AMOUNT of white NOIse anymore ITT. POst some lame horse poo poo im going to probe you. YOU MUST FLAME either an OS or a FLAME WARRIOR (BSD, SHAGGY, or CREMMNOB). NO WHITE NOITE

:siren:
WHITE NOIsE = PROBE
WHITE NOIsE = PROBE
WHITE NOIsE = PROBE
WHITE NOIsE = PROBE
WHITE NOIsE = PROBE
WHITE NOIsE = PROBE
WHITE NOIsE = PROBE
WHITE NOIsE = PROBE
:siren:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cremnob is a super creep and im ashamed down to my core he was chosen to represent the best os, os x

except he isn't even doing that

stop jacking off to marissa and get itt

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-skMUupyUv0&hd=1

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

as u can tell, windows is a great big stinky piece of poo poo

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Garbd posted:

whatever os is in front of me... ill use it!

*puts amiga os in front of u* :xd:

edit: amiga os is garbage. theres the direct flame to go w/ the indirect one in case u missed it smyth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

cremnob posted:

as u can tell, windows is a great big stinky piece of poo poo

holy crap, common ground in the flame war

this is the moment where we smoke the great peace pipe, cremnob. great words were spoken here today. big medicine. windows, she stinks like poop

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

atomicthumbs posted:

edit: amiga os is garbage. theres the direct flame to go w/ the indirect one in case u missed it smyth

quoted for ban

you ain't even trying, son

i can't even get sarcastic on this one. a 68k OS with no memory protection and a gui shell rejected even by macos users was kinda doomed to failure, dawg

pram
Jun 10, 2001

atomicthumbs posted:

*puts amiga os in front of u* :xd:

haha wow nice fuckin roast you pansy spineless moron. doritos doesnt even post anymore. get hosed dog poster

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
mac and osx have their uses but linux is trash garbage for assholes

like seriously its like ordering pasta and getting a pile of flour with a dog turd on top. bon apetit retard

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

holy crap, common ground in the flame war

this is the moment where we smoke the great peace pipe, cremnob. great words were spoken here today. big medicine. windows, she stinks like poop

the enemy of your enemy is still your enemy b.s.d.

windows ain't even in the picture as long as people are claiming macos is a linux. you want to be associated with the mach kernel?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonad posted:

like seriously its like ordering pasta and getting a pile of flour with a dog turd on top. bon apetit retard

hmm. gonna give u a warning here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

infernal machines posted:

the enemy of your enemy is still your enemy b.s.d.

windows ain't even in the picture as long as people are claiming macos is a linux. you want to be associated with the mach kernel?

ive been hard on yo so im going to cut you a break. please read my post. no posts that arent harsh burns on an os or a poster will be tolerated itt. do not cross me again fucker!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
yall ppl r lucky i just ate dinner and am feeling good. if ida been hundry ude all be probed. mark my words

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cremnob u loving suck and yr shaming yoiur dojo hard

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

linux: OS X for poors

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Smythe posted:

ive been hard on yo so im going to cut you a break. please read my post. no posts that arent harsh burns on an os or a poster will be tolerated itt. do not cross me again fucker!

do you even know how to read? i just called out b.s.d. for supporting some bitch-rear end bullshit wannabe linux cause he's too soft to handle m$ on his own

i'd like to think that covers either of your requirements, but thunderdome is what it is.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cremnob you really have to step up your game here.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cremnob ain't got poo poo for a flame war.

he's some newjack who don't know poo poo about the platform wars. he just rolled in to yospos thinking he could DYP his apple stock and make a name for himself.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

windows is so bad even shagger refuses to acknowledge/defend the latest two releases

*drops mic*

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jonad posted:

lol look at this penny ante bullshit

:smith: well in my day we ordered pasta and talked about the relative virtues of products featured on lowendmac.com

gently caress you, jonad

you're not just a "white noise" poster. you're garbage. you don't know why we even post. you are not able to meet the base requirements. (you don't yet feel the hate)

not that the requirements are some bold credential. this is a forum filled with bitter people who didn't cash out on their employers big minute. we stand here and judge lovely technology because we feel cheated by our bosses who bought houses and poo poo

jonad and cremnob show us what our lives could have been. desperate. empty. profit-less. however bad our strike price turned out, at least we are professionals and we ain't fuckin cremnob

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
opsting in in asm ythe thread w. o reading cause i hope he casts me in his most recent production. I'm willing to do ........ ahwatever it takes.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
listen people. the limp wristed human being that is cremnob is what YOSPOS has become. literally. this is why we need YOSPOS reforms. compare old YOSPOS mac zealot (pram) to new YOSPOS mac zealot (cremnob) and look at the difference. its loving pathetic. he's why people from GBS feel like they can stroll in here and call people "sadbrains losers" and guess what? they're right.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

pram posted:

cremnob u loving suck and yr shaming yoiur dojo hard

cremnob is a more on the business side of things

In the mean time this is Microsoft's newest OS they'll be giving away for free in a desperate attempt to get people to stop using Windows 7 (the last decent thing they've made)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
lol sadbrains loser whut

you have to earn sadbdrains up in this mug

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Smythe posted:

listen people. the limp wristed human being that is cremnob is what YOSPOS has become. literally. this is why we need YOSPOS reforms. compare old YOSPOS mac zealot (pram) to new YOSPOS mac zealot (cremnob) and look at the difference. its loving pathetic. he's why people from GBS feel like they can stroll in here and call people "sadbrains losers" and guess what? they're right.

can u translate this analogy to actual linu x operating systems

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

eric posted:

In the mean time this is Microsoft's newest OS they'll be giving away for free in a desperate attempt to get people to stop using Windows 7 (the last decent thing they've made)

pls explain how windows 7 could be decent

what business function does it perform for you, eric

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

this is a contrived flame war which is why it sucks. when u and don lapre got flamed for multiple pages about wireless charging it was good because it was organic

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

bump_fn posted:

can u translate this analogy to actual linu x operating systems

qfb

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

eric posted:

he's on the business side of his own balls

he's apple's paul thurott without the publishing creds.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

cremnob posted:

this is a contrived flame war which is why it sucks. when u and don lapre got flamed for multiple pages about wireless charging it was good because it was organic

i totally see what you mean

his majesty jobs was 100% good because he was dropping acid and arguing with actual engineers

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
imagine what osx would be like if steve jobs and his cronies had been let to run amok with no adult guidance

obviously this is an impossible hypothetical

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cremnob posted:

u loving suck donkey balls

the only thing you're good for is positing insane pro apple diatribes and you can't even manage that now

permaban cremnob

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

pls explain how windows 7 could be decent

It was the first OS my parents used that didn't result in weekly calls to remove antivirus XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

u loving suck donkey balls

the only thing you're good for is positing insane pro apple diatribes and you can't even manage that now

permaban cremnob

a probed him for now. If he doesn't make a decent showing by the end of the flame war, well, not sure how that'll turn out

• Locked thread