Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Blind votes are best votes!
Stoic
Sassy
Sapphic
Studly

fuhgeddaboutit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Well half of the options seem romance related at least, but I can only hope that our proud hero continues her recent behavior of hitting on the people that aren't into her and only the people who aren't into her.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

ActusRhesus posted:

They counter that impulse by making the mages all loving idiots who go blood mage at the slightest provocation.

look man, I'm sure there's an apostate or two you meet over the course of the series that isn't immediately rendered into an abomination, or turns into a dragon and tries to kill you, or tries to get you to impregnate her with the anti christ, or explodes an entire town, or....
I mean there's got to be a couple of guys not like that around.... somewhere I'm sure of it. I mean it's not like even the circle mages tend to blood magic out regularly, or that the orc hordes were formed from mages going to kill god or anything. After all, these are the people bioware is trying to paint as the "good" morality!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

kaosdrachen posted:

Let me just reiterate:
loving. Tevinter.

... Or rather, now that it's not longer spoilerish, loving. Venatori.

look man, they just wanna be gods, that's not too bad and it's completely understandable. It's not like their last attempt at godhood created an endless army of orcs, resulting the in the basically obliteration of the dwarves and the resurrection of their dragon gods as mighty immortal demons or anything.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Yagyumi posted:

At first, I assumed they were just transported to another part of the castle (a sort of The Fade 2.0, or something) but nope. Time travel. I'm going along with it, but I agree it just feels... Out of place - and that's despite all the other crazy things I've seen throughout the first game and what I've seen here so far.

I dunno, I think they set it up decently what with the whole "he's destroying the fabric of time!" shtick earlier.

That said there seems to be an astoundingly non zero percentage of people in the thread that didn't see this coming from a mile away :confused:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wyld Karde posted:

You're right about Leliana though. Even half-dead from spending a year as a blight infection test case and torture doll she's loving lethal. And to think, she seemed such a sweetie in DA:O, all idealistic and cooing over pretty shoes and raining arrow-y death down on darkspawn hordes.

Is that why she was hosed up? That's not nearly as fun as my initial thought of time fuckery magic being used as a torture device. She looked seriously old, weak, and emaciated over plagued or conventionally tortured.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Giant Boy Detective posted:

He pretty much never left my party either. :allears: And I'm amused that a lady Inquisitor using the flirt option on him causes approval gain too. The man loves being told how pretty he is, regardless of source.

Are you asking for suggestions on party comp for the next story mission, or party comp for a side quest interlude? Though probably not a good idea to use on missions that count, but I hope you take a party of Butts + all mages, Butts + all warriors, etc. at some point, just to see all the people from one class interact. There's at least one amazing three-person banter between Dorian, Viv, and Solas.

If all mages is a powerful as in origins this in fact could be quite hilarious.

e:although I assume they figured out that making mages gods of everything was kind of silly.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You know for all the poo poo we hear about templars being ruthless killers that hunt down apostate mages like hounds on a hunt, do we ever see them successfully hunt down and capture one? I've only played origins but I'll be damned if I can remember anything but a bunch of apostates they failed at killing.

e: Oh yeah, and they failed to notice half of the circle they were watching was practicing blood magic and completely lost control of it too if we're gonna continue listing things indicating the templars are really, really bad at doing their job.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 16, 2015

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Eh, but it's like in mass effect where I can very quickly grasp what's important to the plot(or at least what I've seen so far). I mean, at the end of the day bioware basically sells world building dlc, and with their whole world building carrying over mindset they've picked up players would feel really gypped if the dlc wasn't represented. And to sell that dlc in the first place it's usually something big enough that just sticking it on the side won't do. As is I can say our big bad is a former Tevinter mage bent on godhood, who seems rather touched in the head from either the what looks like red lyrium loving up his body or his mentioned trip to the black city. He dislikes us because we took his tool for godhood and now he needs to craft a new one seeing as how we've ruined the original. Unless the DLC had some kind of earth shattering reveal that changes all that, it's not exactly required reading, but a solid nod to those who bought it.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
:allears: beautiful.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 22, 2015

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

my dad posted:

Is it wrong that I thought "It's so tiny and easy to besiege" when I saw the castle? :v:

Only if you won't fault me for immediately looking at the ceremonial sword and pouting about not getting to use the status symbol in battle all symbolically.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

I fixed it, so binge away.

From an editorial POV are the videos good length? I try to aim for around 25 minutes or so, figuring that's about as long as a tv sitcom. I don't want poo poo to drag on, but neither do I want to be doing a million tiny updates.

I've found them to be an enjoyable length thus far.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

grack posted:

Barkspawn was one of the Magisters. The barky one, obviously

That is just the right combination of mind numbingly stupid, yet kind of fun for no real reason for bioware to actually do this.

Bioware, please actually do this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So basically Josephine's is a spergy goon fantasy of what happens when the goon start picking fights with their fiance without the girl even knowing the goon had a thing for them?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Blackwall for obvious reasons
Dorian Cause he's fun
Bull because he seems like a knowledgeable, fun guy that could teach us stuff and be funny at the same time.

Make like MJ and Beat it when the cops bust up the party we're throwing the wardens.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yeah, with those two it's not a case of "I'm an evil gently caress who kicks puppies for fun." Hard choices. And you can take that into account when you decide their fates.

Well I mean we're still talking about someone that betrayed the people they were supposed to protect, damning them to a fate worse than death without even letting them know about it. It's pretty black and white and makes me wish it was a collaborative effort by the town to survive and butts walked in right in the middle of the lottery for the next bunch of short straws to go see the templars.

e:

hard counter posted:

Butts' delivery/phrasing for that request was so nonchalant you'd think she was ordering a flavor of icecream from a vendor :allears:

It was pretty fabulous. But then again that bosses dialogue in general was. I take it we didn't see the money and power options because he'll actually give those out?

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 22, 2015

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wyld Karde posted:

I think Blackwall's line if he's present when you meet with Hawke's Warden friend is, "I do not fear the calling, and talking about it only gives it power." Make of that what you will.

So you're saying he needs a special crafted helmet called "Tin foil hat"?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

Not poo poo, but corpses in the well.

Also, Bull is just excited about fighting the dragon in the area.

I'm starting to think that bull is just an npc representation of the player, given that his reaction to gigantic monsters just about anything is "Oh boy! lets smash it!"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Sera is less fun than Bull and the plot mission involves the wardens, right? So Blackwall should be more interesting than her.

e: Also, she annoys me.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

hard counter posted:

A dire situation to be sure when you're calling Alistair and/or Loghain the most competent ones.

Alistair was incredibly competent at his job of dragon chew toy in every run of origins I had. :colbert:

I mean sure, he's a crappy leader, but nobody gets tossed around by a dragon to comical lack of effect quite like him.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Geostomp posted:

It's still an improvement over DAO's incredibly clunky battle system.

I liked DAO's build-an-ai-to-do-it-for-you approach. It was fun in it's own little unique way, although it was super dumb how ai commands got gated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Blackwall, I'm pretty sure "But they had good intentions!" wears off as an excuse a little before the person starts committing ritual murder in order to summon literal demons into the world. And it's kind of hard to say that anyone doing that is a good person.

Just sayin.

• Locked thread