Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20150304-the-attention-deficit-generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Didnt read

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I still really enjoy the thread though thank you Op

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
gen x best gen fyi

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

It's prime meat for outrage GBS, my iPhone keeps crashing tho so I can't cut. And p

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

jackyl posted:

gen x best gen fyi

i prefer generation FOX Kids

edit: didn't read

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

wasnt homeland that bad game about north korea invading and an even worse show about poo poo that nobody watched?

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
this is just like that episode of muppet babies where scooter got spinal meningitis and they had to take him to the hospital

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"In some respects, Gen Zers will likely be magnified versions of the millennials, especially in terms of technology. Although millennials have been called the first digital natives, Gen Z really deserves the title. Many children and young teens have been using apps on smartphones and tablets since they were old enough to hold the devices. Likewise, social media networks have always been part of their world."

wat does this mean for the paradigms????

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

Frog Act posted:

"In some respects, Gen Zers will likely be magnified versions of the millennials, especially in terms of technology. Although millennials have been called the first digital natives, Gen Z really deserves the title. Many children and young teens have been using apps on smartphones and tablets since they were old enough to hold the devices. Likewise, social media networks have always been part of their world."

Shifted.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Frog Act posted:

it means they gay

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Frog Act posted:

nothing. they're outside the box

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Generation Zed

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

That made me realize how bad of a millennial I am.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

monf posted:

Shifted.

nice av, bruh

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

quote:

But because they’ve grown up amid terrorism and a dire global recession, these children and teenagers are expected to be more cautious and more sceptical than millennials, as well as to have more realistic expectations about career opportunities.

:lol:

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
a link? no

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

jackyl posted:

gen next best gen fyi

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

a human being? yes

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Lmao at the homeland war generation

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My analysis of Gen Z is who cares because the world will be a polluted hellscape by the time of their middle age and civilization will collapse.

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

*starts to crack a smile, but stops, bright eyes dimming. remembering, this is the gibbis...*

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Theyre gonna try to legalize crack and child sex and we're gonna be like NO thats crazy youngin, and thinkprogress will make fun of how backwards we are

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

My analysis of Gen Z is who cares because the world will be a polluted hellscape by the time of their middle age and civilization will collapse.

What's it like being <50 years old?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm glad we get to enjoy cats now

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I thought Generation Y was just the stupid "we don't have a name for this generation" name until someone thought up millennials, can they really say "Gen Z" now before they think up a name? Wouldn't it be post-millennials or something? gently caress, why am I thinking about this.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

VendaGoat posted:

What's it like being <50 years old?

It's cool because I'm old enough that by time everything goes down the shitter I'll be a bitter old gently caress who welcomes it anyway. It's not like it's happening tomorrow.

e; It's the kiddos of today that will have everything come crashing down while they still have dreams.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
can't wait for those idiot fuckers to subsidize my retirement

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

It's cool because I'm old enough that by time everything goes down the shitter I'll be a bitter old gently caress who welcomes it anyway. It's not like it's happening tomorrow.

Truly, with age comes wisdom.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I thought in Britain they are called Generation Zed

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crow_Rodeo posted:

I thought in Britain they are called Generation Zed

Is this some kind of zombie analogy?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

People been saying this for decades bruv. Your nassacistic fantasy will not cum true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
in 3 years u get to legally gently caress em

• Locked thread