Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

im having a bad night and have a lot of work to do. i don't think ill be sleeping until tomorrow afternoon. can we post things that make us happy in this thread? this is a picture of my dog. he is my favorite thing. what make you happy GBS? post a picture!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
I'm getting married soon OP! She's great.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Mein Eyes! posted:

I'm getting married soon OP! She's great.

i'm glad to hear :) i hope you have a long and happy marriage and grow old together while still being able to look into each others eyes lovingly and remember all of the wonderful moments in your life and hardships that you overcame

she's a pretty lady! pretty ladies make me happy sometimes, but sometimes they make me sad too.

not my thing but whatever floats your boat!

edit:
what a wonderful forest. i would love to skip care free through it, probably while smoking weed

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

this reminds me of the summer time. the tropics are a beautiful place. do you have fond memories of tropical places too tapespeed?

whoah, thats almost too perfect to be real. it reminds me of something out of a fantasy novel come to life. nature is really rad

the contrast between the flowers and the snowy mountaincaps really speaks to me. its like spring and winter, life and death, the cycle moves on. happy with a twinge of the sadness of whats to come when the flowers inevitably die. but thats the beauty of it isnt it?

reminds me of my cousins place in the woods of new hampshire. wouldn't be suprised if this one was in new hampshire too! or a place like it :)

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Profondo Rosso posted:

this reminds me of the summer time. the tropics are a beautiful place. do you have fond memories of tropical places too tapespeed?

whoah, thats almost too perfect to be real. it reminds me of something out of a fantasy novel come to life. nature is really rad

the contrast between the flowers and the snowy mountaincaps really speaks to me. its like spring and winter, life and death, the cycle moves on. happy with a twinge of the sadness of whats to come when the flowers inevitably die. but thats the beauty of it isnt it?

reminds me of my cousins place in the woods of new hampshire. wouldn't be suprised if this one was in new hampshire too! or a place like it :)

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

it's sort of majestic. so much space and not a single living creature there. its like another planet. mars or somthing if it was brown instead of red.

this thread is going well, thanks for the content so far :) i hope everyone in gbs is happy tonight!

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Profondo Rosso posted:

it's sort of majestic. so much space and not a single living creature there. its like another planet. mars or somthing if it was brown instead of red.

this thread is going well, thanks for the content so far :) i hope everyone in gbs is happy tonight!

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

haha those rocks look like balls

good to see a new face in here :) animals with hats are pretty cute. i'm more of a dog person myself thou. never really got into startrek.

whoah that poo poo cray. i don't even know what im looking at. it kinda looks like a giant alien vagina.

i;m startin to smile already! happiness for all!

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Profondo Rosso posted:

haha those rocks look like balls

good to see a new face in here :) animals with hats are pretty cute. i'm more of a dog person myself thou. never really got into startrek.

whoah that poo poo cray. i don't even know what im looking at. it kinda looks like a giant alien vagina.

i;m startin to smile already! happiness for all!

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

some serious dandruff on this girl

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

krampster2 posted:

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

whoah thats a cool pic! looks like some ufos or some poo poo. you into aleins sppedtape? ever been abducted? i bet that'd be scary

my friend would love this picture. shes a geology minor and really into rocks. maybe ill sent it to her? rock's arent really my thing personally

krampster2 posted:

you forgot to post a picture or something that makes you happy sillypuss!

whoah i really like this one. good choice. it looks like anti-aliasing or something but nah bitch thts just mother nature.

i figure yall could use some more content from me being op and all, so heres another dog pic!!!!!! his name is jack and he is turning 10 years old this year. i love him very much

edit:
another hit! theres something very tranquil about this. like i could be rip vanwinkle and take a really long nap there. that sounds nice huh.
i notice theres no people or animals in any of your pics. does life not make you happy speedtape?

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Profondo Rosso posted:

whoah thats a cool pic! looks like some ufos or some poo poo. you into aleins sppedtape? ever been abducted? i bet that'd be scary

my friend would love this picture. shes a geology minor and really into rocks. maybe ill sent it to her? rock's arent really my thing personally

whoah i really like this one. good choice. it looks like anti-aliasing or something but nah bitch thts just mother nature.

i figure yall could use some more content from me being op and all, so heres another dog pic!!!!!! his name is jack and he is turning 10 years old this year. i love him very much

edit:

another hit! theres something very tranquil about this. like i could be rip vanwinkle and take a really long nap there. that sounds nice huh.
i notice theres no people or animals in any of your pics. does life not make you happy speedtape?

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Profondo Rosso posted:

do gifs count? i like this one of mr jose my hero

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

owl man and I are on the same wavelength

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

you have quite and eye for landscapes speedrape. i would love to live in any of these places. my apartment complex is not nearly as nice

LOLLLLL!!! this is a laughgetter for sure. but its kind of bittersweet becauwse you know the parents are overfeeding her and she has much higher lifelong rates of diabetes and hartdisease . still a funny one tho!

krampster2 posted:

do gifs count? i like this one of mr jose my hero

of course they do big guy! whatever makes you happy :) i like that one too

you'd think in a jungle that big you'd see some monkeys, but not a single monkey! what the heck! i love monkeys!

he's not a pretty baby, but he sure looks like a happy one! and thats what counts in the end friend :)

Darf posted:

owl man and I are on the same wavelength

relating to your fellow man is one of the best things you can do n this here life. i'm glad to hear it friend

jeeze look at that lake. i could lounge on a raft with tom swayer and chew hay all day there. it looks like heaven.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

im sleep

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

haha its a hedgehog and a hedgehog! i loved the sonic gamess as a kid. my older brother had a dreamast and you didn't even need to mod it to play burned discs so i played the gently caress out of it. good times man

forest's are so nice. looks like a place you could get lost in, but you wouldn't relly mind cause its so pretty. sometimes i think just wandering forever would be nice. then i remember id probably die of starvatoin or wild animals or something and that probbaly wouldnt be ncie but the idea still seems cool in a fantasy way youknow?
thanks for your contributions to the thread man, i really enjoyed them! i hoep you have a wonderful night of sleep and beautiful dreams :)

this is a banh mi! they're vietnamese sandwichs. my favorite sandwich of all time! this one is made with pork meatballs which is my specific favorite variety. theres nothing quite like a 25 cent sandwich from an old woman who doesn't understand you so you have to point at the ingredients on a sweltering saigon day.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:lol:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

laughter is medicine for the soul! so if you have a sick soul you just got a lil better man

a bit of a change of pace now guys. a wildcard of you will. this ones a video that makes me happy! the songs a real toe tapper too. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRYpFpUGg80

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

jeeze this one takes you back to a bygone era. back when the sun shone and the daises sang and life was simpler. i wasn't alive then but i bet stuff was good (if you eren't black i mean)

there are american spirits! green ones in particular. i like them because i am an american with spirit and i support the indians and im sorrywe genocided them. smoking a cigarette makes you look cool and clears your head, double whammy! im actually smoking one rn and its nice

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

One of the greatest military victories in the history of the Western Hemisphere took place with the surrender of Vicksburg on July 4, 1863, one day after the conclusion of the Battle of Gettysburg. Over 30,000 troops surrendered, along with more than 60,000 guns and almost 200 cannons. The scene shows Grant riding down the Old Landing to meet and congratulate Admiral David Porter, commander of the river fleet, aboard the flagship, the U.S.S. Benton. There were an estimated 8,000 Union troops on hand, cheering, waving flags and celebrating this great victory, as well as the Fourth of July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

this should make you happy

the prophet will save your soul

• Locked thread