Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Talos Blackblade

Domain (Item) (+2): The Vengeful Mask

Talos Blackblade is a naturally vengeful man. Once a brave soldier and lieutenant in the armies of Empress Neferi in the South, he (and his kingdom) fell to ruin when the Empress began to traffic with dark powers beyond all knowledge. Evil lurked in the hearts of men, and killers walked the streets. Some of the army's best defected, protecting the people of P'tash from these monsters in human guise. Others dehumanized themselves and faced the bloodshed, becoming murderers and dark parodies of their former selves. It was then that the disorganized groups of vigilantes and defenders of the common folk found their leader. Clad in black, face completely shrouded, Talos led the vigilantes of P'tash in their seemingly-hopeless crusade, until his fateful capture. In the dungeons beneath the Imperial Palace, Talos was tortured, beaten, and seemingly broken. In a moment of overconfidence from his captors, he slipped his bonds and carved a bloody swath through the Loyalist forces, seizing an innocuous mask from a chest of confiscated artifacts. It was only later that he would discover the mask's true nature - when it faced someone who had inflicted harm with malice in their heart, that harm would be inflicted on them sevenfold by its wearer. Talos used the mask to further his ends, protecting P'Tash from the evils of the Loyalists for a time. Eventually, the vigilante movement became a full-scale revolution, and the Empress was deposed, her one daughter who hadn't fallen to darkness placed on the throne, and the Protectors of P'Tash became the new guard and army of the nation, with Talos at their head.

Foible (-2): Unsubtle and Quick to Anger

Talos is the fastest blade in the South - and just as quick to use it. His anger is legendary, and he was known for bringing the full wrath of the Protectors down on any who tempted it. Thankfully for the world, he is controlled enough to focus his rage onto those who are evil and do harm unto others, but he has also been known to be working on a hair-trigger, as quick to get into tavern fights or snap a mugger's neck as he is to work out a siegebreaking assault on a madman's keep.

What is your troop like?

Brave to a man, and dedicated wholly to the cause of protecting people, the Protectors of P'Tash are a newly organized army. Trained in urban warfare, siegebreaking, and close-quarters combat, the Protectors, while still somewhat undisciplined, are eager, loyal, and motivated. They are, to a man, clad in leather armor with metal plates sewn in for shock absorption, and wield a mixed assortment of weapons as befits their nature as an initially-disorganized force.

Why were you betrayed?

History repeats itself. It always does. And Talos fell prey to it. The Empress' daughter, Rasha, sat upon the Imperial throne, with Talos at her right hand. Her reign was just and good at first, and Talos grew confident in her. But her trips to the dungeons below the palace grew frequent, and she found something. Some kind of relic, some remnant of the dark times from before, that infested her mind and twisted her soul. And so began her fall from grace. As time went by, Talos grew suspicious of her motives, and of the purposes she put the Protectors to. Eventually, one night, he brought his concerns to her, in a frothing rage, and withdrew the support of the Protectors from her empire. That same night, as Talos lay sleeping, she struck. The Protectors that had become loyal to her slew many of those who were loyal to Talos, and even made an attempt on Talos' life. Alas, the Mask intervened. The assassins who tried to slay Talos were killed, their own blows redirected into their chests through its magics. And so Talos and his remaining loyal Protectors fled into the desert under cover of night, to resume their crusade once more.

Which side were you on before the betrayal? Neutral. Talos had his own concerns. And on top of that, evil and malice know no loyalty - cruelty is a universal concept to be stomped out wherever it rears its head, be it North, South, or in the empty heavens themselves.

Two things you'd like to do in the campaign:
Fight the Elder Things responsible for the fall of P'Tash and exact bloody vengeance upon them.
Ascend as not just a champion of vengeance, but of justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Since I saw this earlier in the thread, I also feel the need to specify that should I get in this will also be my first godgame! Hopefully I won't make too many rookie mistakes :shobon:

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Forgive me if this is a little uncouth, but can I ask why I didn't make the cut? I'd like to know in order to improve for future apps.

• Locked thread