Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Colour me interested! Also this is my first ever app so let me know what I'm doing right/ wrong!

Zaffi Manda, The Foul Ascetic, Lurker of the Gloaming Quag

Domain(Item): +2 Mire: The Sunken Helmet- Taking the shape of a revered bovine, the Sunken Helmet was found caked in generations of mud. No amount of scrubbing has ever give shine to it. The only light it brings is a somber blue, said to be the last true tears of its owner. There is a portence in its form- an encroaching filth that threatens to creep across any life it touches. Man and beast alike are dragged under its influence with prolonged agony. Eventually, they become mirthless beasts of mud and plant. Just like the quag it was found in, the Sunken Helmet brings a constant defilement to any lands it desecrates. Once the murk governs all and the Gloaming Quag envelopes, only then will the sump-like eyes finally give up their feeble light. The one who wears it drowns in mud every day, and stalks his lands at night. They say he is always wet and cold to the touch. Fire causes him pain, but the cold brings no comfort.

Foible: -2 Morosity- Zaffi is filled with a terrible gloom. The helmet forced onto his face clouds his judgement, and delights in his most sullen guilts. He cannot inspire warriors to fight at his side- nor can he delight in the pleasures of leisure. His ill-temper makes him a pathetic, lonely figure- more husk than tribal general.

Your troop: The Fen-Axes have served as the bulwark of the Savi Wetlands since their conception from the first tear of the Goddess Dashte. What they lacked in formal training they made up with deception. Lightly armoured, they moved with surprising speed through thick mud and were ruthless hunters. Blanketed in dark mud, they preferred to drown or suffocate their aggressors in unkind fen, but were more than capable of hacking their way through foes.

Zaffi proved his worth leading the Fen-Axes during the ambush on the Bade Peat, lands of a splinter tribe. Legend has it that he hid five-hundred men inside the decayed vegetation, staying there for four days and four nights. When their enemies arrived Zaffi gave the order for the ambush, and despite being out-numbered, their trickery and terrain gave them a strong advantage. The Fen-Axes proved their loyalty during a religious insurrection. False prophets had attempted to coerce them with gold and luxuries unheard of. Those closest to Zaffi dumped the goods, and the prophets, into a large sink-hole.

Now that Zaffi has taken the helmet, the Fen-Axes have been coerced by their own guilts and doubts. Slowly whittled into warriors of mud and plant, they form a somber brotherhood- the only enthusiasm they can ever birth comes from their dark family.

How were you betrayed? The Dashtean Prophets were the backbone of Savi life. In older times, they kept the tribes safe from the horrors lurking in the dark with ritual. Eventually that role was taken over by the Fen-Axes, and the Prophets kept to governing life. When, after months of digging, they unearthed the Sunken Helmet, it took days of discourse to decide on its purpose. They looked to Zaffi- strong, capable leader of the Fen-Axes. Adored by his loyal tribesmen and his love. Seeds of doubt and a weakening balm rubbed into his limbs made him fear his ability to defend the Savi Wetlands. He looked upon all he had fought to protect one final time, and in the cover of midnight, welcomed the helm onto his head. From there, all he had ever loved turned to filth. The quag all from him, and whispered that it was his weakness. Shadows of conquering tribes play in his mind, and he can do nothing but blame himself. The Prophets still live on, and their chuckles echo in the pitch of the bog.

Which side were you with before the betrayal? The South. The North brought aggressors and war to the Savi Wetlands. While they drowned like rats, their transgressions were not forgotten. In later years Zaffi has grown the determination to stamp out the invaders that exist only in his mind- and woe betide those whom he mistakes.

Name 2 things you’d like to do this game
1. Zaffi feels like a very lonely and bleak character. I'd like to hope that there is a path of redemption. The Wetlands are a way of life- they do not necessarily need to bring death. Perhaps he can find the strength to overcome his guilt, and use his curse in peace. For that to happen, he must find the truth of the deception played against him, and crawl out from the sump his mind is in.
2. I'd like if Zaffi could find a friend. Not necessarily a best buddy OMG we'll die for eachother, but a cause for him to feel something again, even if it's just a smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Puppies are dicks posted:

Monkey'll have all the dick innuendo and fecal-related pranking of other Gods required to crack smiles out of every last one of you. You wait and see. :colbert:

I'll try to draw some humour out of Zaffi being over-the-top mirthless. Like Eeyore, but with a pair of axes.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Fantastic! Well done everyone. I'll throw up some character impressions after work tomorrow.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

quote:

Daimyo Tadasu Hayashi - A man with a silver tongue must be careful it is not cut out. What will you do when your tongue falters and your bandit-men take it for payment?

Queen Victaria Caspiel - You are too young to know true misery. You may place a crown on your head, but it will be a false coronation. Victories mean nothing when a failure will overcome you.

Sun Shahar - Humans are doomed to despair and sorrow. Perhaps it is for the best that you hide amongst beasts. Men will seek you for a pelt.

Bjorn Olofson - I see a lot of myself in you, North-man. A pack of wolves is only as strong as its numbers. Yours are ever dwindling.

Tangan Ombak - Your oceans churn, and you travel with them. Are you bound to their whims? My waters are still- you may be of north, but you are a raider. Perhaps you can find the strength to overcome your dangerous waters...or they may swallow you whole.

Anselm the Black - You are a man who has taken great sacrifice to protect his people. I can relate. The Order of the Radiant Ward has finally taken a side, and while it is too late to save my homelands, your own may still be salvageable.

Ehecamini - You abandon your priests? No good could come of this. You may have your freedom in the skies, but if your priests hold dominion, you will sink into mud.

Aiden Beirne - How envious I am of your ardour- but how wary. Fire is a chaotic force, and none shall touch our domain. Flames wither in the stillness of marsh- this is no threat, but the way of nature.

Chief Conciliator Amerigo Hieronymus - How quickly you cast aside faith. Should you bring your tomes into Savi and pervert my people, you will be bathed in quag.

Karin Handel - I have lost true wealth- my family and people are long drowned. Materials cannot be cherished the same way- perhaps it is for the best that you hoard these.

Etel - Fighting for coin is the last hope of cowards. How can your bow find a target if its owner cannot decide a mark?

Jurou Mori -You do not live, yet we hear stories you walk again. Did you leave your vengeance at the gates of death? It seems north or south matters less and less, when mirth and death spread their tendrils.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Just offer to suck their dick, it works 10% of the time

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

good good! i'm better off doing major posts over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

My only real point for world building is that Zaffi has been a deity for a very, very long time- sort of just an aimless shambler. Eventually he became more in control and regained sentience and our story kicks off about a hundred years after that. The Wetlands are just very, very old and untouched by others. The Bade Peat in that time has gotten stronger and stronger and more technologically advanced while Zaffi's slummed it. So the Bade are a lot closer to other civilizations in that they negotiate and follow law.

• Locked thread