Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Daimyo Tadasu Hayashi, silver tongue.

+2 Domain(Item): Silver tongue +2. Said to have been given to the first great king, who united the first clans, when the world was young. This artefact is said to have belonged to Omoikane, the god of wisdom, to enable his followers to comprehend his vast intellect and cryptic speech. It imparts clarity to the listener, allowing them to hear a point framed exactly as they would best understand it (and, coincidentally, as they would best agree with it). It cannot change the hearts of those who are determined to live in ignorance, but to the open heart or the open mind, a whisper and a promise take on a new, subtle potency that is hard to deny.

Tadasu came across the tongue when a dream led him to an ancient tomb hidden under a mound in his father's lands. Once there, he claims he heard the kami tell him to venture into the dark, where he found a room with torches still impossibly ablaze. In the centre of the room lay an altar, with the body of a long-dead noble atop it, and a pedestal before it with a gilded silver box. Taking the box home, but fearful of opening it, Tadasu was bombarded with dreams for a week, whispers and promises filling his head at night. Eventually, he caved, and opened the box. No one but Tadasu knows what happened next, but it is rumoured that a servant came in to find the young man covered in blood, the smell of roasting flesh on the open fire, and a new silver tongue gleaming in his mouth. These are, of course, rumours, but what is undeniable is Tadasu's penchant for honeyed words and sweet promises...

-2 Foible: Inflexible thinking. When you have the ability to sway the minds and hearts of others to your viewpoint with ease, it is inevitable that you become convinced of the righteousness of your own words and deeds. Daimyo Hayashi is a smart man, of course, but once he is committed to an action he is very rarely swayed from it by the voices of others, and has great difficulty in admitting his own mistakes.

Your troop: Former bandit horsemen, ronin, thieves and villains. These are men who lay in wait by the roadside, before taking what isn't theirs. Somehow, however, Tadasu was able to persuade each of them that a life of crime is an ignoble pursuit, and that a career in his employ was a more stable, and profitable, enterprise. They are loyal to Tadasu, in their own way, certainly they would never betray him for anything less than double the right price, and they come with their own skills forged by a rough life of hard living and sharpened by combat. When Tadasu's silver tongue has failed to gain traction with a leader, his successor can often be persuaded, so accidents tend to follow Tadasu around. Though he prefers the subtle word in the ear, he is not afraid to use the men under his command more brazenly, such as the time they rode in to town that had threatened to hang him as a traitor and a bandit. The town stands no longer. In return, Tadasu has been true to his words, riding from town to town in the north and convincing local sheriffs and officials to drop outstanding warrants, and adopting ronin into his own house (a move that would be met with controversy if his house had any other living members. Still, legally it guarantees that his men no longer have the stain of belonging to no house upon them). Some would argue he is building a shadow army in the north, but to what purpose, no one knows.

How were you betrayed?: Tadasu was betrayed by the one man he truly thought was fit to call friend. Tadashi Umayaga was Tadasu's friend through childhood and military service, and companion both in the drinking house and on the battlefield. However, he desired the one thing that Tadasu couldn't promise to him, tongue or no, Tadasu's wife. Tadashi betrayed Tadasu, leaving him to die on a gods-forsaken battlefield, before storming his home, killing his servants and children, and trying to take his wife, who killed herself upon news of her husband's death, rather than be taken by another man.

Walking home alone through bandit country, Tadasu began to recruit his followers, building his strength to take on Tadashi, now an important general in his own right, and claim revenge over the fallen body of his former friend.

Which side were you with before the betrayal? Tadasu fought for the north, a land where the old clan names still meant something. Highly traditional, they still practised the old ceremonies, long since forgotten in other areas. They had cities, certainly, but the majority of nobles lived on their grand estates, with their servants, retainers and family members. Tadasu is a strong believer in these old ways, in honour and respect for your elders and social betters, he just happens to believe that no one should fall into that second category...

Name 2 things you’d like to do this game: Stand over the body of my wife's killer, a bloody sword in my hand, and use my silver tongue to unite the old clans of the north, as the first great king did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

Hey Zombie, HiKaizer told me to tell you this is my first app, so I am doing. Thanks for complimenting it by the way!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Thanks to Rauri, who I blatantly cribbed this off

Tadasu's opinion of the other PCs posted:

Queen Victaria Caspiel - You are the rightful queen, by law and blood, and I thank you for your sympathies. I would have no qualms with us working together to retake your crown, and mine, and in leading the North to victory!

Sun Shahar - Such an Impudent and ignoble creature cannot truly be a king? Still, beasts can be tamed, as can men, and both are easily swayed by vague promises...

Jurou - A legend in the lands of the north, and the embodiment of honour in a culture that prizes it above all else. If we cannot find a way to ally ourselves, I will stay out of your way!

Zaffi Manda - That you fought for the South is unfortunate, but forgiveable. That you dishonour the North with accusations of aggression and with your constant assaults is not.

Bjorn Olofson - A fellow leader who sees the value in those society has abandoned, and no friend to the South. Hopefully, we can find common ground in this fight.

Tangan Ombak - You fought for the North, which earns you my respect. You were betrayed by those close to you, which earns you my compassion. You too were offered a pact by a spirit, which earns you my understanding. I would hope we can fight side by side.

Anselm the Black - You have betrayed your honour, whether for the noble reasons you claim or some other cause is irrelevant. That you currently fight for the South is proof that your principles, if they were once present, have long since abandoned you.

Ehecamini - Honour and nobility bely the human within the beast, and though your people have often had tense relationships with the Daimyos of the North, your skill at arms and observance of our values have never been questioned.

Aiden Beirne - I understand as well as the next man the temptations of rage, and the burning fury that can consume a man, but flames have no ally, and I fear that you are heading down a dark path.

Chief Conciliator Amerigo Hieronymus - The purity of nobility is an ideal that cannot be conquered by the clamour of the mob. Whilst you claim to do what you do for the people, you are leading them astray, and I must wonder if it's for your own purposes.

Karin Handel - To fight for profit is a cause, if an ignoble one, but to abandon your principles for money is unthinkable to a man in my position. Still, those who value money above principles are usually easily swayed by silver.

Etel - Mercenaries have their place in this world, and your quest to crush the south can lead to us finding common ground. However, why burn, when you can rule?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Holy poo poo I missed the thread going live! Sorry, is it too late for me to sneak a post in?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ronwayne posted:

Good.

Inteview went well. Post should be incoming.

Congrats dude!

• Locked thread