Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
You had me at 'God Game'. Reserving this spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Jurou, The Last Scion, Marshal of the Black Sun Guard, The Unliving

There was once a great noble family. Of vast wealth and healthy respect from friend and foe alike. The Daimyo was blessed with 9 strong sons, all of whom aspired to greatness, great in their abilities as they were in their arrogance, they were some of the best and brightest of their time. But the 10th son was content with his lot and humble in dealings with all he met and as such he was given command of the household guard and the responsibility of protecting his Father.

But in the end, it was no outside threat that destroyed this noble house, its destruction came from within. The reasons as to how, why and even when were lost to time, but the 9 brothers rose up in rebellion, and as the castle burned and the house hold guard were slain to the last man Jurou was the last one to die, mounting a desperate last stand to defend his lord from what he thought was an enemy without, and only when one of his siblings ran him through when he retreated into the castle itself, did he learn the truth of his siblings' terrible betrayal and he died with a curse on his lips. This is where the story of the 10th Son would have ended.

But, on the 40th day and 40th night from the ruins of a most foul and vile betrayal, did the 10th Son rise from his grave, to see his charge to it's very last step. And he would cross 7 burning hells for his justice.

Domains (Items) -
+2 Unlife (The Last Retainer)
- The sword that once belonged to the captain of the household guard, a sword of exceptional quality and craftsmanship, but the blade was broken in the last user's final moments and now serves as a dark reflection of himself. Once this was a weapon of a true guardian, a sword whose purpose was to preserve life rather then take it, whether of the charge of the household guard, or the small folk under his protection the sword shielded them from that which seeked to harm them, whether man, beast or otherwise, but with their death the sword's purpose became dark and twisted. It's role to protect others from death remains, but the means that it accomplishes this have been altered to say the least.

+2 Light (The Fallen Star of Mori) - (Can also be used for a +4 Light check once, and is then destroyed with consequences) The last gift of Jurou's father to him, retrieved from the family shrine. This was a star that he had taken from the sky to become a god, and with it attained a good deal of status and power. But it seems as though this gift was a curse in disguise and so the spirit that had granted this boon Hachan, had doomed him to fall. Is the curse extended to all of House Mori? The pearl glows with a radiant unearthly light that seems to unnerve the unliving scions under him, but not Jurou himself.

Foible -2 Abomination unto Nature - Jurou is a thing that should not exist, a risen corpse that came back from the dead to unleash a terrible vengeance on those responsible for it's greatest failure. It is not a label that makes one suited to dealings with the pious, or the noble, or anyone living really, and even the most underhanded villain errs when dealing with the dead.

Your Troop - The Black Sun Guard - The sole remains of the once expansive and well trained house guard of the forgotten clan, now a shadow of their former selves, the Black Sun Guard are the last remnants of long and proud heritage. Although their equipment is old and rusted from the touch of the grave, Death has not dulled their ability in combat, and undeath has only made the notoriously die hard Sun Guard even harder to kill.

In life, Jurou led the Sun Guard in many glorious victories for his lord, when a lavish banquet was little more the a ruse for an opportunistic bandit lord to attempt to seize power, it was the Sun Guard that drove them off, with Jurou slaying the Bandit Lord himself. And when Jurou was wounded on the battle for Janwong Peak, it was the Guard that continued to hold his position in his absence until the battle was won and their leader could receive proper aid. When Jurou rose from the dead, only a handful of the Guard came with him, but they retain the loyalty they held in life as they now assume their role again in death.

Why were you betrayed? - Jurou never knew the reason why his brother's betrayed their family in life, and in death he doesn't know much more. But what he did know fills him with a simmering rage that even death cannot quench, for his 9 Brother now supposedly held positions of power and office in the kingdoms of the South. Whether that means a Southern King put them up to the task of slaying their father, or that they went on to serve the southern monarchs and were rewarded for their efforts, he does not know. But it gave him a very vague idea of what he could do to find them, and that was enough.

What Side - The North remembers. They may not remember the name of the house that is now held by the unquiet dead, but they know that despite the revulsion of many from the monsters in their midst, that their first and foremost charge was to protect the northern kingdoms from the southern barbarians and they will continue to do that even in death. Where the newly risen dead fit into the normal hierarchy however, has been a topic for much debate among-st the courts of the North.

Things I would like to do

1. Take revenge on my former family members for their crimes against our house. And by extension anyone else responsible.
2. Find a place in this world for beings such as us. Where in the natural order of the world, do those who have died and yet live lie?

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 5, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wow this thread blew up whilst i was in bed.

To answer your earlier question I imagined them in various stages of decay and preserved that way through whatever animates them, so some of them are spooky skeletons but others still seem to have most parts intact, if looking worse for wear

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 6, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Lets go with Mori for the family name.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Sure why not.

Jurou Mori's Impressions posted:

Daimyo Tadasu Hayashi - Our fellow northern lords care not for us at the best of times, but the good Daimyo at least pretends that he doesn't hold us in fear or contempt. I suspect otherwise, but then I suspect all men.

Queen Victaria Caspiel - Ah yes, The Sellsword Queen. I care not for her kingdom, or her arrogance but when the balance of power lies on a knife's edge, never count out the lesser powers.

Sun Shahar - Before, the idea that a beast could claim rights to a kingdom would be a bad jest. But now it seems that the dead can walk, family turns on family, and barbarians proclaim themselves to be gods. A monkey king is hardly a surprise.

Zaffi Manda - Were we not enemies we would share a lot in common. This one is no mere forlorn brute, on his home ground he is a dangerous enemy.

Bjorn Olofson - The mountains are a hard place and it breeds harder men. They would be stalwart allies, if only they would fight with us, rather then against us.

Tangan Ombak - Mori lands have long been landlocked, but I have heard stories of the pirate emperor harrying the coast. Were this a time a peace I would sooner see this man feed the earth than fight with him, but we live in such desperate times.

Anselm the Black - A specter, a black mirror, a man who for what he believed in made the ultimate choice and was cast out for his sacrifice. Darkness surrounds us both, but he will get no quarter from me.

Ehecamini - Topcala was a flawed gem in the eyes of many, and it seems that if their own king would choose to abandon them, then something is wrong. The Thunder-Bird is a valuable ally in any case.

Aiden Beirne - Rage is a strong catalyst but uncontrollable rage will destroy you. Temper it, do not let it consume you from the inside out.

Chief Conciliator Amerigo Hieronymus - You choose not to fight not for your liege lord, or for personal glory, or even for avarice. What do you fight for?

Karin Handel - I have no love lost for the merchant class, but their presence is still necessary for society to function. This one at least chooses to do business with us directly, somewhat.

Etel - if you would wish to see the south burn for their transgressions, would you choose to ride with us?

Jurou Mori - If I must become a monster to lay my family to rest, then so be it. Be it four years or four thousand years I will find my justice.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 17, 2015

• Locked thread