Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!

MercuryDragon posted:

Now this Ability Point in Sorrow Pass has me stumped.

Not exactly sure how you get that wall out of the way. I have tried all the abilities on it and I've tried looking for a switch or ground pound lever or something, but I still haven't found anything. Anyone have a clue as to how to get this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

AHungryRobot posted:

i'm willing to bet this game is good but i highly doubt it's better than super metroid. not that that's anything to be ashamed of.

I'd say it doesn't have the same atmospheric quality as SM, but it plays a hell of a lot smoother. I always felt the Screw Attack, wall jump and shinespark were kind of finicky, especially with some of the harder items that require you to carry a speed boost through half a stage. The ability to save (almost) anywhere if you have the energy is a godsend; It relieves so much frustration that you can replay right at the start of a tough sequence rather than at a save room. On the whole, while it may not have some of Super Metroid's highs, it definitely addresses some of its lows.

Then again, my favorite Metroid is Fusion, and I've played mostly on emulators, so take my criticism as you will.

also, warp to secret world!

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
EvilMike, congratulations to you and your team for making a really fun and engrossing game, and it looks like half the internet likes it as well. If I might ask, was the response what you expected?

• Locked thread