Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Slaan posted:

The Steam page says that it highly recommends using a controller for this. Has anyone played it with normal keyboard + mouse?

I've been playing it with KB+M and it seems fine. I'm not very far yet so maybe it'll stop being feasible eventually but I haven't had any issues with the platforming thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Beat the escape sequence in the Ginso Tree last night. It wasn't so bad, really. It took a few tries but I guess Super Meat Boy has desensitized me to repeating tricky platforming sections as long as there's no lag time between tries. I looooove the springboard/charge ability. It's such a cool way to handle the traditional triple jump/shine spark and makes traversing the world a ton of fun.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Yeah, this game is ridiculously good, and I feel like it is being under-appreciated. Not a lot of talk about it on these forums, and none of my friends seem interested. It is one of the best platformers I've played in a long time, and is so polished and tight you feel like you are playing a piece of art.

Agreed. It's a real bummer that it's getting so little exposure as it really is one of the better metroidvanias I've played in a long time. I hear it clocks in at around 7 hours which is kind of a letdown, if only because I want it to be longer.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Does your clear time determine how little clothing Ori is wearing in the post-game stats scren?

• Locked thread