Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Experiencing something that may or may not be a bug. I'm hoping I'm just missing something obvious because otherwise I'm out three hours.

Just finished the Ginsu tree, cleared out the area with the water and got stomp. I begin heading west on the map and go into the chamber with the map stone above where I am, and it plays a cutscene with the Owl. After the cutscene, I'm in the chamber down below (where I am now). I saved right away not realizing anything was up and not wanting to re watch a cutscene, and now I can't seem to get out.

Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

MercuryDragon posted:

Wow, so there is actually hope of getting that after all! Because seriously, it's way too easy to make a little slip that kills you or just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time during those escape sequences.

I think the only really tricky one I'd have then is the Supersonic beat the game in under 3 hours achievement. So many areas require intricate patience and I think any kind of rushing is going to make that extremely hard. Plus memorizing the most direct route from start to finish may take a few playthroughs. Speed runs are definitely not my kind of thing.

Go playing Binding of Isaac where you have to beat the game with a character that can't even get hit once. Seven times.

And you realize the actual speedrun for this game is already sub 1hr? 3 hours isn't a speed run. It's "Playing through quickly knowing where to go and not mucking about backtracking after getting each upgrade"

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Adam Bowen posted:

What do you do in any Metroid game when you absolutely don't have the tools to reach something?

Aggro a pair of crabs to climb a mountain?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Verviticus posted:

i'm using a gamepad and i kind of hate how bash works

Are you a Bad™?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Wolpertinger posted:

You could get around a lot without it in the later parts, true, but it made some parts a lot smoother and felt nice, more the cling to wall jump than the ground one, but both had uses. You could charge up the jump while running for quickly leaping through something that'd take more time normally. It'd feel better if you had more time to use it though.

I would legit pay a couple bucks for a story free, platforming challenge level pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

So, right when I would execute the bash, my analog stick would be hyper sensitive for a brief moment. After that, it would slow down, but the directions would reverse if I traveled past the halfway point in the circle. Say I was bashing a projectile at 9:00 for example, and I wanted to send it to 7:30 by aiming at 1:30. If I moved the analog stick in one direction to reach 3:00 in the brief moment of hyper sensitivity, I would have to move it in the OPPOSITE direction to get from 3:00 to 1:30. This is why it was much easier to use the d-pad for such, since I would simply tap up+right and go to 1:30 right away.

Like I said, though, that's obnoxious. Why not just have a less sensitive analog stick that doesn't confuse you by reversing itself part of the way through the momentary freeze that occurs when you bash?

Sounds like your dead zones are hosed up.

• Locked thread