Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HBPrince
Feb 22, 2012

Skyforge is an action combat MMORPG set in a sci-fi fantasy universe.

Closed Beta 4 ended 6/29. Open beta coming soon (start date TBD). There will be no character wipes during Open Beta.

Goon Pantheon (Guild) Info
TBD

Quick & Dirty Info
  • You can become a GOD!
  • No holy trinity
  • Can switch to all classes with 1 character (like FFXIV)
  • Start with 3 class choices then have to unlock the rest (unless you get Tier 2 or Tier 3 of Founder's Pack)
  • LMB/RMB utilized in combat like TERA with combos
  • Can customize your skill bar with the skills you want to use
  • Talent tree node like Path of Exile/Final Fantasy (can unlock all, not limited)
  • Solo dungeons & group dungeons
  • PVP - small scale & large scale
  • World - not seamless, mix of open areas/Guild Wars 1 instancing
  • Barbie Dress-up? Yes
  • Developed by Allods Team/Obsidian Entertainment using in-house engine
  • Free to Play - cash shop supposedly mainly cosmetics but shop items unknown at this time

Quick & Dirty Links

Main Site
Classes - Confirmed Classes: Paladin, Lightbringer, Cryomancer, Kinetic, Slayer, Archer, Necromancer, Beserker, Gunner, Monk, Witch, Lancer, Alchemist
Founder's Packs
Official Twitch Livestream
CBT livestreams

Mechanics Info

Impulse Charge

Impulse damage is a charge that accumulates over time that certain skills use which provide additional damage to whatever skill uses the charge.
Impulse charge is a separate stat from critical hit, which means impulse damage can proc a critical hit.

Rings and the Ritual Ornament of Rings
The Ritual Ornament will give you Stat Bonuses depending on what Stats you have on the Rings you have equipped.

Stats that affect the Ritual Ornament

This is the math to determine how much bonus stats you get from the rings you have equipped:
Max prestige of your Ritual Ornament / Maximum amount of stats on Rings (will be 8 if there are max of 8 total stats on rings) = the amount of bonus for 1 stat
Then multiply the amount of bonus stat for 1 stat with the # of single stat you have equipped

Example
Ritual Ornament prestige: 317
You have 4 rings equipped with 2 stats on each = 8
3 of the 4 rings have the stat Luck (so 3/8)
You are trying to calculate how much Luck bonus you get from the Ritual Ornament
317/8 = 39.62
39.62 X 3 = 118.86 (you get 118 bonus Luck from Ritual Ornament)

Updates 6/30: Added open beta text

HBPrince fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what is your impression of this game op

can you give us a writeup

HBPrince
Feb 22, 2012
I do not have an impression yet since the closed beta has not yet started. I am a jaded MMO veteran like most folks here so I hold my reservations until I can actually dive in there. However, I will say I am impressed by how smooth the combat is even from the early footage I saw last year. It looks even better now when watching the folks who are currently streaming the RU CBT. The art direction is great as well and you can see it in the environment from the streams as well as screenshots. Looks great, combat looks good...but will it be enjoyable? We'll see next Wednesday :)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think this game looks pretty tight but literally every single other MMO I've ever thought looked tight ended up being a huge piece of poo poo, so I'm hesitant. Was Allods a good game?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

fadam posted:

I think this game looks pretty tight but literally every single other MMO I've ever thought looked tight ended up being a huge piece of poo poo, so I'm hesitant. Was Allods a good game?

See they key is to wait and play it before dropping hundreds of dollars on early access stuff.

HBPrince
Feb 22, 2012
I played Allods when it was in beta...it was OK for what it was then and I loved the artwork. However, I was already invested in WoW when that came out and just didn't have time to play another MMO type. I'm glad I didn't invest much time because apparently there were some lovely cash shop things that happened just before it released.

Edit: cash shop stuff in Allods Online was handled by gpotato...this is not the case for Skyforge so "should" be a better cash shop experience.

HBPrince fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 5, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

If the game isn't a turd goons will do everything in their power to make it that way.

Basically I can't wait.

HBPrince
Feb 22, 2012

randombattle posted:

See they key is to wait and play it before dropping hundreds of dollars on early access stuff.

I agree, and this game will be free to play so there's no reason to buy any of the Founder's Packs unless you are rich as gently caress or are really interested in trying this out.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

HBPrince posted:

I agree, and this game will be free to play so there's no reason to buy any of the Founder's Packs unless you are rich as gently caress or are really interested in trying this out.

The only good thing is that if you just can't wait it's only 20 dollars to play the game, so if you have lots of disposable income that isn't a big deal. It's not 150 bucks like AA was.

It'll be way less funny, though.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I played during the first technical alpha they did and it seemed alright. The solo dungeons that were in had enough mechanics to not be super boring. The PvP was a disaster but there were only two classes and it seemed like they hadn't started tuning it yet.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Looks like some fun concepts and I like the overall visual/design. Hope it actually makes it to release :shrug:

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002
I've kind of been following this game, watched a couple of videos. I dropped $20 to try it out because I can justify spending the money because I've spent much more money on worse things in the past.

HBPrince
Feb 22, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Looks like some fun concepts and I like the overall visual/design. Hope it actually makes it to release :shrug:

NA/EU closed beta starts March 11th with open beta following it. It will be released :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

randombattle posted:

Exactly. Someone get back to me when this game is open for everyone and no more wipes are happening.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

We should start a pool for what flavor of drama will kill the goon guild and when.

I Am The Scum
May 8, 2007
The devil made me do it

Bauxite posted:

We should start a pool for what flavor of drama will kill the goon guild and when.

Is it a sci-fi game with fantasy elements, or a fantasy game with sci-fi elements?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Allods did a bunch of things right(and some horribly wrong) so I'm looking forward to this.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Skillbars? Count me out. Sounds like another generic MMO with poor controls to me.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Can Obsidian balance the Allods teams apparent carnal lust for poor marketing decisions?! Find out next time on... oh they closed it already? poo poo.

HBPrince
Feb 22, 2012
Official live stream happening in 8min: http://www.twitch.tv/officialskyforge
Showcasing Berserker class
Most likely keys given out

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Man I would hate to be the PR schlubs who have to pretend to be entertained by MMOs like this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Extra posted:

Man I would hate to be the PR schlubs who have to pretend to be entertained by MMOs like this.

well we all know you are the expert on good mmos

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
full disclosure tho: this game is probably bad

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

So is there an economy in this game at all? There appear to be items, but how do you even get them?

WD40
Nov 25, 2005

If we start playing this, can our objective please be to ruin it for everyone else rather than be a tedious tryhard goon guild?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

WD40 posted:

If we start playing this, can our objective please be to ruin it for everyone else rather than be a tedious tryhard goon guild?

Don't dictate my fun. If I want to make a vast web of fishing alliances in order to play a minigame in peace then I'm going to splinter.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Orv posted:

Can Obsidian balance the Allods teams apparent carnal lust for poor marketing decisions?! Find out next time on... oh they closed it already? poo poo.

They're mostly there to make sure your version doesn't get the sexy outfits the Russian version will have.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I was getting ready to poo poo all over this, but Obsidian's involved?

I'm still burned from Wildstar and Archeage, but I'm slightly intrigued.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Deki posted:

I was getting ready to poo poo all over this, but Obsidian's involved?

I'm still burned from Wildstar and Archeage, but I'm slightly intrigued.

Check out some gameplay streams, it doesn't look half bad. Class abilities and unlocks reminds me of Path of Exile's skill web.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Saw picture of a ship, saw it was a sci-fi action MMO, saw it was called Skyforge, and assumed it was a game where you fight with ships. Disappointed.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Is Obsidian writing this?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

AlmightyBob posted:

Is Obsidian writing this?

Obsidian is handling some classes and westernization.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
If you can stomach watching the entire GOD video right? In the OP right? It gives a pretty detailed view right? Of skills right? And combat and such right?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's F2P so at least I won't be wasting any money to try it.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Argas posted:

It's F2P so at least I won't be wasting any money to try it.

Yeah, even if f2p potentially causes games to lean towards pay to win and annoying poo poo, it also means I can try lovely games for a week for free instead of paying for a lovely game I'll play a week. MMOs are better than ever, you play them less because they suck, and they don't even cost money!

panda clue
May 23, 2014

pertinent posted:

If you can stomach watching the entire GOD video right? In the OP right? It gives a pretty detailed view right? Of skills right? And combat and such right?

what

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
If I had to compare this game to anything, I think road kill dog guts. If that's your thing, more power to you.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Yeah I also thought he was a crazy person but then I watched that video, and in-between the seemingly pretty interesting MMO bits and the camera was a man from Obsidian who ended every other sentence with "right?"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

fadam posted:

Was Allods a good game?

It was a horrible p2w cash grab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

This could be great or it could be garbage.

Either way TERA's combat, GW1's instancing, PoE's passive tree, and SWTOR's companion missions is a really interesting intersection to have a game.

Here's some stuff about classes of the 9 known so far. 15 are rumored to be out in total:

http://sf.my.com/us/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5625

There's a tutorial area to try out each of the guys to get a feel.

• Locked thread