Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bwatts

so, my avatar got changed to a map of somewhere that from the text i assume to be madrid, in spain. the text says "this is a mamp to help my good friends navigate around the city of madrid" which i didn't understand until this pm:

quote:

bong wrote on Mar 5, 2015 20:41:
How about we play a game? Your avatar has the instructions. :)

so, anybody got any ideas? i have no idea who bong is but they've made some threads that seemed pretty funny so i asusme they're an alt of somebody here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

i guess we should start by sending someone to madrid. i'm busy... lets send julio

bwatts

joke_explainer posted:

i guess we should start by sending someone to madrid. i'm busy... lets send julio

is the map actually madrid? i can't tell.

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
could be tempe, az

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Miss Psychosis

Mamp isn't a typo, this I know, for the bible tells me so.

SIDS Vicious

I think it's Madrid

Stormyish

You have to steal the Declaration of Independence

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

bwatts

lol thats prettyfunny but seriously does anybody have any ide what it means?

joke_explainer

well... madrid backwards is DIRDAM... and Dirdam is a restaurant in the city of Madrid, Spain... hmm...

wearing a lampshade

joke_explainer posted:

well... madrid backwards is DIRDAM... and Dirdam is a restaurant in the city of Madrid, Spain... hmm...

i think we're onto something here

Stormyish

joke_explainer posted:

Bwatts has 6 letters
Madrid had 6 letters
Coincidence?

XyloJW
maybe it's an everdraed thing where if you save the jpg and change it to .mp3 it plays a sound, or .txt and it has directions there. just thinking outloud here

beer pal

bong posted a bit here a little while ago...

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

how deep is this mystery..? how deep are we willing to go????

i am he

bong

Miss Psychosis

HONK

joke_explainer

XyloJW posted:

maybe it's an everdraed thing where if you save the jpg and change it to .mp3 it plays a sound, or .txt and it has directions there. just thinking outloud here

edit: oh its only 44k. hm

POWERBALL

by zen death robot
guys...I think I found something

what is that?

zoom.

...huh?

zoom again.

...? zoom and enhance.

enhancing...

gently caress. smoobled again!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bwatts

POWERBALL posted:

guys...I think I found something

what is that?

zoom.

...huh?

zoom again.

...? zoom and enhance.

enhancing...

gently caress. smoobled again!

dont post in this thread again. same goes for everyone whos going to keep making jokes about this. i'd like to find out about my avatar.

tao of lmao

keep posting ITT

landy.
i think the best thing to do first is try to find out where in madrid that image is taken from

pig slut lisa

irl is good

bong has plat? :wth:

bwatts

landy. posted:

i think the best thing to do first is try to find out where in madrid that image is taken from

i asume its google maps or something but i cant make it right

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
tineye / reverse image search on your avatar reveals nothing

MAMP is a thing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAMP and appears to mentioned a lot in YOSPOS

This thread is the only thread that returns both terms "mamp" and "madrid" or "mamp" and "bong", though

----------------

landy.

BYOB Monica posted:

i asume its google maps or something but i cant make it right

i found the area.

alnilam

zoom
enhance

ty manifisto

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
also found this which would be surprising if coincidental:

http://rockapproll.com/app/Muerte-en-El-Prado/

"Muerte en El Prado is a mystery game in which you are called to help solve a murder! By using your knowledge of the Spanish language, navigate around the city of Madrid, deciphering the clues as you go. Can you catch the murderer?"

----------------

alnilam

the prado is just barely on the bottom-right corner of the av itself

ty manifisto

Al Borland

by XyloJW
What if your avatar actually is madrid? You have madrid in your avatar like that cat from men in black had a galaxy on its neck.

----------------

Blue Wher

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
I was going to post this, but it looks like I was beaten to the punch.

alnilam posted:

zoom
enhance

alnilam

madrid is a pretty rad city

ty manifisto

alnilam

i wish i had a mamp of it :sigh:

ty manifisto

pig slut lisa

irl is good

alnilam posted:

i wish i had a mamp of it :sigh:

good news

XyloJW
i thought maybe there would be something at the center of that map that would be a clue, but it turns out that if you type "Madrid" into google, and just zoom in on the place where the Madrid label is, you end up there, so I think that's all there is. That, and you turn on the transit lines, I guess because they're going to be taking the subway or busses?

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien

XyloJW posted:

i thought maybe there would be something at the center of that map that would be a clue, but it turns out that if you type "Madrid" into google, and just zoom in on the place where the Madrid label is, you end up there, so I think that's all there is. That, and you turn on the transit lines, I guess because they're going to be taking the subway or busses?

yeah, which made me wonder - is the train gif in TWIST FIST's sudden av change / av text also part of this?

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

les fleurs du mall posted:

yeah, which made me wonder - is the train gif in TWIST FIST's sudden av change / av text also part of this?

That used to be Ron Color's av

----------------

bwatts

i'm pretty busy at the moment, but i'll try and read this thread throughout the rest of the night. if anything big happens i'll try and post about it or whatever

cute anime girl

We'll find out eventually that there's a small hidden server room in one random building in Madrid, where former BYOB IK Arnold of Soissons stores all the info he has on us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cute anime girl

One forums poster will point out how he bolded the adresses of confirmed troons and gay goons posting in BYOB.

• Locked thread