Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

In this off-season brought to us by an incredible Patriot win, I want to put down my copy of Michael Holley's "War Room: The Legacy of Bill Belichick and the Art of Building the Perfect Team". I've had it since 2012 but I was waiting for them to win another Super Bowl so the book could have a happy ending. Eli Manning almost ruined the course of human history.

I wanted to take this time to ask you: What does the Patriot Way mean to you? What does it make you feel? Does the sight of 4 rings on Tom Brady make you feel like you can accomplish anything when your number's up and it's time to show people what you've got? Does Belichick's tactical genius make you feel like a tiny little bitch in comparison?

To me, it's the end of a long saga that started the first time Eli Manning and the Giants beat Tom Brady. I was against New England at this time. I won't bore you with the details of my life, but the consecutive Patriot Super Bowl losses are associated with some very pivotal moments in my life. And both times... I wanted Eli to win.
I've since gotten better. Both as a person and as a football fan. And to watch the Patriots win that 4th, to vindicate Tom Brady to his children after the previous losses to a man taking up residence on the autism spectrum, and to do it in that way to that team was just... incredible. I was in British Columbia skiing at the time as and everyone in BC was apparently an overtnight Seattle fan judging by the bright, new jerseys on the people in the bar. As a tiny aside, there was a guy covered in tattoos that was yelling "THAT'S RIGHT BEAST MODE! THAT'S RIGHT BEAST MODE!" all night. The sound he made after the interception will probably be the last thing I remember as I die in an old folks home surrounded by loved ones with a smile on my face.

So I guess what I'm saying is, to me the Patriot Way means that life is long. It throws a lot of poo poo at you and you change. You get better. You get smarter. You figure your poo poo out and you start cheering for the Patriots to win Super Bowls. You go through ups and downs but if you believe in yourself, and if you have a big enough chip on your shoulder, pretty much anything is possible with The Patriot Way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I think it's the road in foxboro that the stadium is on

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It means faking an injury one play, and sprinting down the length of the football field with your fist in the air the next.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Winning to the point of regular season apathy.

Also, getting benched for waking up late.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

unfathomably white

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Rutgers

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Cheating when not really needing to, then being indignant as gently caress when caught

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A crushing amount of projection from sportswriters to expand the narrative needed on how one of the greatest coaches and greatest quarterbacks in league history continuously defy the odds in a John Cena-esque (thank you WWE watching friend for this analogy) way.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

It's livin the Hot Take Lifestyle

I'm trademarking that poo poo, you fuckers stop sayin that

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Well, the Pats have improved their standings in my eyes. They were, at one point, as low as sixth on the Evil Team scale but now they've climbed back up to at least seven or eight. Their quick and complete removal of Hernandez was admirable and should have been copied by other teams. So, ultimately, they're not the best but they aren't the worst. Honestly, they're so far behind teams like Oakland and Denver and Pittsburgh it almost doesn't even matter.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Love, glory, passion

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Saying nothing to the press, especially when charged with first-degree murder.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Cheating when not really needing to, then being indignant as gently caress when caught

Whatever happened to "Deflategate"? Did they just sweep it under the rug after the Super Bowl?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

What America thinks it is, yet also what America really is.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
insufferable bullshit

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
eating fries with mayonnaise and always insisting on splitting the bill in half, no matter how much was ordered by the respective parties.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

korrandark posted:

Whatever happened to "Deflategate"? Did they just sweep it under the rug after the Super Bowl?

all of the balls were fine except one, which was probably defective, and it turns out the only person who was actually doing anything wrong was a ref who was selling game balls on the side and trying to replace them through ball attendants.

thats why they swept it under the rug, lmao

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It means like, you go to work and they give you a promotion even though you were late - and a sports car - and then for some reason there's a hot chick in the passenger seat who gives you road head on the way home, but not before you stop off and buy a winning lottery ticket and see that guy you hated in high school pumping gas for a living. Also the chick had perfectly shaped spherical breasts.

That's the Patriot Way.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Rutgers (slightly more) East

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

sweet thursday posted:

What does the Patriot Way mean to you?

Really, not that drat much.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

A 4.5 yard pass on 3rd and 4.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Its not a term or concept I think about ever

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I like fireworks, barbecue, and free speech

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

sweet thursday posted:

What does the Patriot Way mean to you?

I just took a really nasty poo poo. It was basically tapioca yet still took two flushes and stuck to my rear end for like half a roll of toilet paper.

That is the Patriot Way

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Perfect, spherical breasts

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

I wanted to take this time to ask you: What does the Patriot Way mean to you?

Being able to watch football on Sunday and generally being able to expect to have fun.

I'm pretty thankful for that.

Comedy option: Never needing to worry about the Colts in the playoffs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Carwash oval office posted:

A 4.5 yard pass on 3rd and 4.

The best part about this is that before this past season it could accurately describe both offense and defense.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Vince Wilfork gently cradling an interception, shaking the earth as he runs upfield.

vince... :(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
getting hurt by a bernard pollard hit

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Tom Brady's 4 super bowl rings.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Aye Doc posted:

unfathomably white
this and cutting/releasing/trading players and not giving a gently caress

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

That's in CA, doesn't count.

Here is something worse/better?

:barf:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
18-1

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
If and when I ever have kids and they ask me about the Patriot Way and Tom Brady being the greatest of all time I'll just starting having 'Nam flashbacks to the Tuck Rule game while pictures of Ron Paul flash by saying "IT DIDN'T HAVE TO END THIS WAY/WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP THIS" occur and I pray to god it ends with "And after Brady/Belicheck retired they haven't had a winning season since."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

unfathomably white

wheez the roux posted:

insufferable bullshit

These two, basically. Best exemplified by Brady's "we win with graciousness" quote.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kasay kicking a kickoff out of bounds.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Patriot Way means never fumbling anything ever.

As a youth in grade school, I was walking in the hallways between class periods. I dropped my guard for a brief moment to think about Kevin Faulk and some ruffian came charging past me, forcing me to drop the book I was carrying under my arms. Feeling the ethereal gaze of Coach Belichick looking on in shame, I walked quietly to the gym and took a seat on the benches beside the basketball court. I sat on that bench until I was forcibly removed 2 hours later by the janitor and the social studies teacher.

That's what the Patriot Way means to me

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Belichick is better than every other NFL coach and about 3/4 of the NFL GMs, and he seems like kind of a dick to a lot of people.

That's it. :ms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Patriot Way means Belichick winning three Super Bowls by a slim margin with defense and a great kicker, and then drafting a bunch of bad players but still winning games because Tom Brady covers up all of his bad personnel decisions.

• Locked thread