Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I agree with this title.

Also can we please just have a game where someone on the Stars isn't injured for most of the rest of the season :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Duke Chin posted:

It's gonna be 60 up here this weekend and probably will go down as the most mild winter I've ever experienced in the decade I've been up here. :smugdog:

It was like 23 with like four inches of snow when I woke up this morning. :smith:

(At least our company was smart enough to have everyone who can telecommute do so :unsmith:)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

i'm sure that helped seguin's ACL a lot, mckenzie

Yeah, it was stupid. I'd much rather have our most prolific "go to the net, cause poo poo" forward on the ice rather than trying to get vigilante justice but what can you do. :shrug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

What was the final prognosis on Seguin's injury? I never did follow up on that. :ohdear:

He's skating again, and they're talking like he could be back within a week?

I don't like it, though - I almost feel like he's hellbent on getting back and drat the consequences, and with the fact that we've basically accepted our fate playoffs-wise, I'd rather he heal properly and be badass for the next decade instead of being badass this season and then reinjuring himself in a couple of months because he didn't heal right.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

MCL tears heal up surprisingly fast, he's probably not rushing all too much. it's been almost exactly 3 weeks, 4 by the time he's back and that fits right in to the general timetable

Ah, fair enough. I'm a prolific worrier, so me worrying excessively is pretty standard. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

Are you guys officially out of wild card position? If so, shut him down or like, let him play the final home game or something. :ohdear:

Officially, nah, but we're 9 points back of Minnesota and they have a game in hand - I think we'd need something like 14 wins out of our next 18 games to have better than 50% odds? Even I'm not that optimistic.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

SlimBrady posted:

FYI

People should tune into the Coyotes game just to set your eyes on these beauties.

Those are awesome.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

kari lehtonen loving sucks so much worse than any other NHL goalie i have ever seen, as a sidenote.

He really has not been the same since Haula concussed the poo poo out of him. :sigh:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

THE PANTHERS TAKE THE LEAD!

You know what, if you guys end up making the playoffs, I'd be okay with that. :unsmith:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

What in the gently caress is going on? These refs piiiiiiiiissed at the Bruins or something? Barely touch a Flame and it's :flag:

I'm trying to figure out why we were the only one to get a penalty on that skirmish in Enroth's crease but :shrug:

Kinda checked out of this game mentally.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DJExile posted:

oh my god the arizona throwbacks look so loving gooooood

For real. I love the stylized coyote.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I think this is Dan Ellis' way of saying "gently caress you for trading me t:mad:".

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

garbage.

nice goal; garbage game.

I hate you, Calgary. You're off my christmas list. :mad:

Technically it's our fault for waiving him so uh

sorry :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

TeamJesus posted:

David Schlemko: best trade deadline pickup?

https://gfycat.com/EarnestDistantChevrotain

Not even a trade deadline pickup, we waived him.

That was filthy though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

dan motherfucking ellis has kept the panthers in this game

I'm honestly glad he's doing well. He didn't get anywhere near enough credit when he was here. :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

dang. that was a cool & good game, at least the panthers kept pace tonight

Agreed. Sorry about McKenzie. Good game. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Did a stars backup goalie win a game??????

In relief, it doesn't count. They have a propensity to stand on their heads in relief, which is odd.

I'm starting to get on board with the "start kari for one shift, pull him" idea.

• Locked thread