Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
-Playing a game with a friend, and the friend says "OK now it's my turn" even though he just had a half hour turn and you were only playing for five minutes
-When you're playing games at a friend's house and they hog the good controller and you have to use some third party mad catz stuff. I had one friend who only had one regular ps1 controller and a steering wheel with a d-pad on the base
-Kids on the playground stealing your pokemon when they said they'd trade right back after their haunter evolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Doing chicken fights on the monkey bars on the playground. Everyone knows that you are trying to pull the other guy down through leg grappling, but the fun comes to an end when some rear end in a top hat decides to swing in as hard as he can and kick you in the chest.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Doing chicken fights on the monkey bars on the playground. Everyone knows that you are trying to pull the other guy down through leg grappling, but the fun comes to an end when some rear end in a top hat decides to swing in as hard as he can and kick you in the chest.

That reminds me of another one - arguments over the rules of hopscotch. It's hopscotch - it shouldn't be that hard to decide how it's played.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Arguments if you throw on paper stone scissors ON 3 or AFTER 3

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
kids who cry and run to the teacher because they got hit by a rock in the throw rocks at each other game.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
The approximately 1,356,721 differing rules of handball, all decided upon by whoever was "Ace" at the time.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard
That one kid;
"I get to go first, It's my house."
"I am the guest, I get to go first."
Why did we invite him again? I know lets just hit him with sticks again.

Also the kid who snitches on you, when you gang up and hit him with sticks. What a jerk.

Also the loving Gingerbread Man in Candy Land. I was 5 spaces away from Candy Castle you rear end in a top hat. There is a reason that card goes 'mysteriously missing' first.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

-Getting picked last for dodgeball.
-Getting picked last for baseball.
-Getting picked last for any sport.
-Never getting picked in Duck-Duck-Goose.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
That one motherfucker (and it was always the same motherfucker) who ended up with a perforated eardrum and now nobody is allowed to throw snowballs.

Also when you'd have water fights and there'd be one poor kid who brought a squirty bottle that was formerly used for some domestic cleaning product and he'd end up either staining everyone's clothes or giving everyone rashes.

Playing football and loving Chuckie Izumo's idiot dog would get free, poo poo on the playing field and then try to eat the ball. gently caress that dog. I was so glad when it got killed by a car.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Move Spamming Complaints: Uhh, hello? Don't get mad at me for playing the game. If Sub-Zero can freeze you over and over why shouldn't I use it? Annoyance Level: 6.5

Playing as Joe Bruiser in WCW/NWO World Tour and acting like he's equivalent to the other wrestlers Joe Bruiser is much more powerful than the other guys, Anthony. He's not even a real wrestler. I'm Diamond Dallas Page, a real wrestler, and just because you beat me doesn't mean poo poo. Annoyance Level: 9

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
One time me and my friend Jason were playing the playstation power rangers game and he told me if i jumped off the edge I'd get a bunch of extra lives. But I didn't!! And then when I got the high score he put in my name but he spelled David with a T

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Apparently smear the queer is supposed to be played with some kind of football, which makes my fifth grade experience very frustrating in retrospect.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Bedtime :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"We just scored a touchdown! Ok, now kickoff to us!"

I took my ball and went home.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

when Jim wanted to play the game his uncle taught him and nobody else wanted to but it was his turn. i really didn't like that game

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Playing Goldeneye with the spergy kid down the street that would only ever play with proxy mines because he went and figured out every single spawn point and where you would spawn depending on where you died in a level. If you got killed first it was best to just leave because there would be a proxy mine at your feet every time you would spawn back into the game.

Of course if he died first, you might as well go home because he would just restart the game saying that it didn't count.

Also, sore thumbs after playing StreetFighter 2 all weekend.

Summertime edit: That one kid who would only have a squirtgun fight at his house because he was the only one allowed to use the hose.

CombatBonta-kun has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Mar 6, 2015

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Point-n-click adventure games.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Friend who pauses a Smash Bros fight every 3 mins to look at a cool freeze frame pose

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

mamelon posted:

Friend who pauses a Smash Bros fight every 3 mins to look at a cool freeze frame pose

Pausing a fighting game to look up a finishing move for 5 minutes.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Player 2 flipping a turtle back to its feet right before you're about to kick it off the beam in complete contravention of the unspoken spirit of cooperation intended to exist between the Mario Brothers.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Fancy third party multi-page memory card has a battery failure a year and a half later with hundreds of hours of safe files :qq:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
My nephew said his friend traded him a good rare Pokemon card for his and the card was neither good nor rare so I am going to elbow drop that other little bastard if I ever see him.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

There they are, the hippies, we didn't even have a TV.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

lord funk posted:

Pausing a fighting game to look up a finishing move for 5 minutes.

Pausing the game when your friend was in mid-combo.

After defeating my brother in Tekken 3, it used to drive him insane when I kept punching his character after the KO, before they collapsed. Needless to say, I constantly did it until he refused to play anymore.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Developing a blister worse than a second degree burn on your palm after spinning the joystick around FAST AS YOU CAN for some Mario Party minigame.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
That motherfucker who always picked Oddjob. Man, gently caress that guy.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

That one little turd who would grab a controller right after eating with his filthy pizza/cheeto hands and make a huge loving mess all over your one other good controller

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Toriori posted:

My nephew said his friend traded him a good rare Pokemon card for his and the card was neither good nor rare so I am going to elbow drop that other little bastard if I ever see him.

i traded a holo blastoise for a friggin machamp in kindergarden. this made me into the resentful monster I am today

oh yeah and then my loving brother took the machamp because he said he traded it to that kid. fuckkkkkk

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Pausing the game when your friend was in mid-combo.

After defeating my brother in Tekken 3, it used to drive him insane when I kept punching his character after the KO, before they collapsed. Needless to say, I constantly did it until he refused to play anymore.

Grown, adult males still get mad about this on message boards :rolleyes:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Spending an hour trying to kill the AT-ST in the first level of Shadows of the Empire by shooting at its legs with my blaster pistol. How the hell was I, at age 9, supposed to know that you could 1.) select different weapons and 2.) tilt the camera up and down to target the body.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Drone posted:

Spending an hour trying to kill the AT-ST in the first level of Shadows of the Empire by shooting at its legs with my blaster pistol. How the hell was I, at age 9, supposed to know that you could 1.) select different weapons and 2.) tilt the camera up and down to target the body.

-Boba Fett in Shadows of the Empire. You beat him and then he flies his Slave 1 and you get slaughtered.

-Any Madden Game ever

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Madden

*Holds down joystick to run back to avoid a sack*

*throws ball*

*control snap-switches to receiver who now is running back, away from the ball*

*AI Intercepts and scores 50 touchdowns*

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

TecmoBowl

The kid who picked the Raiders. What an rear end in a top hat.

Ogive
Dec 22, 2002

by Lowtax
That one guy who had an Amiga and would *not* shut up about it.

Dr_Zombie_Love
Mar 17, 2009
Ugh, Mom! Zelda is a GIRL! HIS name is LINK! I wouldn't play some stupid girl game, jeez c'mon.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
When you're paying space marines vs aliens in the back yard and you totally shoot Tony but then he says he has Class IV phase armor that makes all your shots bounce back and actually kill you instead

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

If you throw darts at paper airplanes that I throw, you will hit me eventually, I promise. Just one more throw? Fine man, last one ok?

Hey mom... I think I need to go to the hospital...

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
trying to play pokemon snap with a broken light bazooka because the real controllers were missing

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I'M ALMOST AT A SAVE POINT GEEZ HOLD ON

• Locked thread