Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

insider posted:

For Chicago... Is Gehrig supposed to be a consistent starter? When they picked him up from the Crew I thought it was more for depth so I was surprised to see him starting on Friday at CB.

Adailton is the presumptive starter at CB but for some reason he didn't play this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

African AIDS cum posted:

When does the season start?
When Dempsey scores a goal

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

We have this Dynamo rewards program as season ticket holders. There's a bobblehead, but all the other reads are pretty lame like seat upgrades and going to a post-game pres conference. They just added a subscription to MLS Live so I bought it.

MLS Live: A good investment when it doesn't cost any money.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Hungryjack posted:

MLS Live: A good investment when it doesn't cost any money.

This is my first year with MLS Live. So far my impression is "$75 is a lot for extended highlights".

Of course, it's just the first weekend, and I did eventually get to see the full FCD match (and didn't have to listen to Mark Followill, ffs), so my opinion may change.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

XBenedict posted:

This is my first year with MLS Live. So far my impression is "$75 is a lot for extended highlights".

Of course, it's just the first weekend, and I did eventually get to see the full FCD match (and didn't have to listen to Mark Followill, ffs), so my opinion may change.

For someone like me who 90% cares about following the Dynamo with a couple other games here and there as well, it's not a good buy unless it doesn't cost money. For someone who cares about watching games around the league, it probably has a lot more value. I know some people here really like it a lot.

On a side note, i see the Orlando / NYCFC game is on MLS Live, but blacked out in USA, whereas Seattle / New England is blacked out in Canada and USA. Does that mean that using Hola to watch Orlando from Canada would work?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Hungryjack posted:

Does that mean that using Hola to watch Orlando from Canada would work?

i used hola to watch TFC - Van from the US to get around the blackout, so maybe?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Orlando ny os blacked out? Its on the espn2 schedule, are they not showing it?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Hungryjack posted:

On a side note, i see the Orlando / NYCFC game is on MLS Live, but blacked out in USA, whereas Seattle / New England is blacked out in Canada and USA. Does that mean that using Hola to watch Orlando from Canada would work?

Yup. A VPN with MLS Live is really the way to go.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Waroduce posted:

Orlando ny os blacked out? Its on the espn2 schedule, are they not showing it?

It is blacked out on MLS Live specifically because ESPN2 is showing it. If you want to watch it on ESPN2, you will have no problem.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
The full game highlights on the MLS website are god awful this year. They used to be really good. Really disappointed.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

insider posted:

The full game highlights on the MLS website are god awful this year. They used to be really good. Really disappointed.

They used to be put together by the various teams, I bet they brought that all back in to the HQ, and used the worst of the production teams for it.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
It's a thing with the new TV deal that the highlights can't be longer than 4 minutes apparently

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Shrapnig posted:

Good, because gently caress the Union and gently caress you too.

haha you're a new jersey man u supporter

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
Sometimes I'll see MLS advertisements in downtown Minneapolis.. does that mean they're mainstream now?

[post shortened due to threats]

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Someone call Life magazine, because this is loving photo of the year.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

XBenedict posted:

Someone call Life magazine, because this is loving photo of the year.

I didn't notice the woman the first time I saw it, that's exceptional

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Amazing

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
That picture is definitely worth the 5 or 6 million of somebody else's money that he is getting paid this year. Any more entertainment he provides is just gravy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i see MLS got rid of the national flag patches that used to be on shirt sleeves. nice to cross something off the list of things i irrationally hate about MLS.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Can I no longer use MLS Live through the mls iPhone app?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

joshtothemaxx posted:

Can I no longer use MLS Live through the mls iPhone app?

I used it last night and had no problems

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Also Hola unblocker works well at viewing blacked out matches. Watching the Orlando/NYC match right now.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I used it last night and had no problems

I must be an idiot then. I couldn't get it on the DC game but could watch it on my laptop just fine.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

joshtothemaxx posted:

I must be an idiot then. I couldn't get it on the DC game but could watch it on my laptop just fine.

Why were you trying to watch it on a tiny phone when you had a laptop available?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

joshtothemaxx posted:

Did you have Location Services on? If it can't tell where you are it will tell you to gently caress off. This confused me for a long time, I think it was actually Lalas or someone like that who set me straight via Twitter or an AMA or something.

EDIT: It was an AMA, it was Chris Schlosser.

guppy fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 9, 2015

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

guppy posted:

Did you have Location Services on? If it can't tell where you are it will tell you to gently caress off. This confused me for a long time, I think it was actually Lalas or someone like that who set me straight via Twitter or an AMA or something.

EDIT: It was an AMA, it was Chris Schlosser.

I think this was the problems. Thanks for the responses everyone.

And phone plus beer at a bar is better than laptop in a room with no beer.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

joshtothemaxx posted:

I think this was the problems. Thanks for the responses everyone.

And phone plus beer at a bar is better than laptop in a room with no beer.

You don't have beer at home?!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

DC rocked a home opener attendance of 11,549 :/ loving DC fans

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Hey guys, I heard that Jozy is on pace to score 68 goals this year. Got to love early season stats.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

are any of you having problems with fox sports go? it keeps telling me "user not authorized" but i am most certainly authorized.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

be nice wicka posted:

are any of you having problems with fox sports go? it keeps telling me "user not authorized" but i am most certainly authorized.

Yeah I had the same issue tonight

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Me too, for those with Comcast you can go onto comcast.net and view a fox sports 1 stream or mobile on the tv go app works decently well.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

LionYeti posted:

Me too, for those with Comcast you can go onto comcast.net and view a fox sports 1 stream or mobile on the tv go app works decently well.

thanks a bunch dude i forgot about that

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Is RFK's surface as bad as it looks on HD TV?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

CobiWann posted:

Is RFK's surface as bad as it looks on HD TV?

Yup. Didn't help that Wednesday was Vs. Alajuelense in the pouring rain, and then 8 Inches of snow on Thursday that didn't get cleared until late Friday. So, yeah. Not like it's perfect usually, but not great conditions either. Fortunately, they don't play at RFK again until March 28th, so hopefully it's better then.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

be nice wicka posted:

I actually tried ordering Fox Sports Go and my debit card was shut off as fraud protection. Started randomly seizing up for days afterward.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I actually tried ordering Fox Sports Go and my debit card was shut off as fraud protection. Started randomly seizing up for days afterward.

Fox Sports Go should be free with your cable or satellite provider. You might be thinking of Fox Soccer 2Go.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Is there some benefit of using Fox Sports Go over MLS Live? I haven't followed MLS in a few years and went with the monthly charge because my son wanted to watch a couple of matches? I am out of the loop when it comes to streaming options for soccer and I don't have any cable package because my family never watched television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Is there some benefit of using Fox Sports Go over MLS Live? I haven't followed MLS in a few years and went with the monthly charge because my son wanted to watch a couple of matches? I am out of the loop when it comes to streaming options for soccer and I don't have any cable package because my family never watched television.

MLS Live is the best option, especially if you live outside of the area of the team you want to watch. You get every game streaming except for those on national broadcasts. There are more national games this year than ever before, but most games still will not be blacked out.

I would definitely not pay for anything related to Fox. You will get a lot of games on FoxSportsGo and WatchESPN if you get cable service, but >$60 a month versus $75 for the whole season is really a no brainer.

• Locked thread