Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
ICR cannot be solo'd. Need at least a full raid group, maybe two. However he has a chance to drop Cosmic GOKs so its worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Didn't see his post so lets see how it compares to my thoughts

Yeah. nothing too special at first. I wasn't feeling him either. I have NOT tried the frozen orb build, most likely won't, but was doing a ranged/melee hybrid. I did not care for it at all. Bosses were taking way to long in terminals to down and LOL at trying to kill a boss in Midtown or ICR by myself. So spirit starved even with the +200 spirit from M'kraan and the +spirit from hitting enemies with energy attacks

Absolutely. Baller as gently caress. Not sure how it will do at 60 raid content but it makes leveling fun.

It also makes the rotation a little more involved since there is no cooldown on your shatter skills. Now I don't know how it will perform at 60 compared to other specs, but I think a Construct Focus spec

I use frozen lance over Icy Arsenal and don't use Frozen orb. Nor do I use Artic Wave but am interesting in tweaking my build more. Honestly my build is based around just Frozen Lance spam cause I'm lazy. Its just priority really
Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Frozen Lance
Repeat as Iceslick comes off cooldown. Toss in Construct Focus, IceWall on top of bosses, Statue and Sig whenever possible. Spam spam spam and win. Might not be the most fine tuned setup but I murder bosses quick and barely get touched. I enjoy it
If I am on a boss I'll go
Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Frozen Lance>Construct Focus>Frost Nova>Frozen Lance(Repeat Ice Slick, Flash Freeze Lance) Statue and Sig.
Bosses normally dead before Sig finishes

The reason I decided to go with Arsenal is it has the Area Tag so you can stack up on Area damage/Armor Grenade since all his other sweet moves are Area, and being Melee tag also lets you take Omegas like Frenzy and Harpy and gives you access to some of the artifacts like HPP if you want to use them. I originally went with it because I figured it would be easier to hit the wall with it due to the spread.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

What a phenomenal idea. Cosmic artifacts.

wooooooow!!!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

Frozen orb gains extra ticks from + area radius, using a doc ock and a pps will bump your ticks per orb from 2-3 to almost always 4, with the occasional 5 ticks depending on mob positioning. It is one of the few situations where +radius is really worthwhile.

I do love that you can choose to beef up his constructs with pet damage, or just ignore pet damage and focus on your skills while having 3 bad as ice buddies chilling out with you.

I am getting 3-4 ticks per Orb and rarely 2 or 5 without any radius gear. Honestly I just think the skill randomly does 2-5 ticks and for some reason the tooltip doesn't mention it.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
So Man ape spawning in MM is new to me, can he drop his uniques/artifact in the 60 version of midtown?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Fenris13 posted:

So Man ape spawning in MM is new to me, can he drop his uniques/artifact in the 60 version of midtown?

He can't.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Jusupov posted:

He can't.

quote:

@TheConundrum: He will drop his loot there just as Kurse & friends do.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/2146586#Comment_2146586

It's Gaz, so I'm totally willing to believe it's bugged or they forgot to actually turn it on but the intent is for their artifacts to drop.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

soscannonballs posted:

The reason I decided to go with Arsenal is it has the Area Tag so you can stack up on Area damage/Armor Grenade since all his other sweet moves are Area, and being Melee tag also lets you take Omegas like Frenzy and Harpy and gives you access to some of the artifacts like HPP if you want to use them. I originally went with it because I figured it would be easier to hit the wall with it due to the spread.

Makes a lot of sense sadly I can't do much end game getting until he is cosmic lol

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
I come to this thread with a heavy heart. I must apologize to AfraidofAudio for not letting him trounce me in Round 1. Things went cra cra on me.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Thomamelas posted:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/2146586#Comment_2146586

It's Gaz, so I'm totally willing to believe it's bugged or they forgot to actually turn it on but the intent is for their artifacts to drop.

Has anyone ever found one there?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Well I found a sub for you so it is all right. Audio showed the power of loki anyway.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Onslaugh raid now maybe on the tc this weekend. Soon it will be next week

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Someone in social chat was claiming to have gotten a gok in Midtown earlier. :shrug:

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Someone in social chat was claiming to have gotten a gok in Midtown earlier. :shrug:

From the Kurse wave, it's possible.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

Eiffel On You posted:

Well I found a sub for you so it is all right. Audio showed the power of loki anyway.

You have lifted a weight from my chest.

I can't believe I leave for a month, and I see SV saying Punisher is the best character. Even he has forgotten about Invisible Mom.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jusupov posted:

I've had a SWGN drop for me in midtown

Granted it was because I opened a mystery box there but it still happened

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Onslaugh raid now maybe on the tc this weekend. Soon it will be next week

To source this:

quote:

@pacifis: We're actually making a new build and testing some changes right now. If those changes worked, Onslaught will be on TC this weekend.
Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins - Community Manager, Creative Designer
Ask me about : Forums, Story (& Any Lore), Costumes, Voice Over, everything.
Flag Quote · Insightful Disagree Agree 5Awesome LOL

I am harder than diamond right now.

He also just posted this:

quote:

Between the Age of Ultron Game Mode + Onslaught raid, She-Hulk, and now Vision, our art team is VERY busy. The new character on the starting screen is never going to be a "every new hero" thing, unfortunately. We'd like to get to that point, though.

Age of Ultron...GAME MODE?? What is this, Whack-a-mole?!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

HopperUK posted:

ive gotten a gok from midtown

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dr.Magnificent posted:

I can't believe I leave for a month, and I see SV saying Punisher is the best character. Even he has forgotten about Invisible Mom.
I hear Gaz is going to add Sue to the game sometime in 2016. Can't wait, I bet she'd be a lot of fun in this game.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

I hear Gaz is going to add Sue to the game sometime in 2016. Can't wait, I bet she'd be a lot of fun in this game.

No way, invisibility is basically invincibility and is totally OP, it'd never work

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Jusupov posted:

I've never gotten the necklace. I've gotten the Mags was right t-shirt. Other people have gotten GoKs. People have gotten Lizard formulas from the Lizard in ICP. It's Gaz so it's entirely possible they did something that breaks just Man-Ape but that didn't seem to be their goal and it would make him different then everyone else.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:siren: Elite 8 Times are Due Sunday AM :siren:

I have P3abody's and Skrybbles' times right now. 6 are missing.

BRUCEWAYANS
Ajjax
Preliquary
Lozareth
Gibby
Vandee

Just don't forget guys. Good luck! All payouts happen when tourney is over.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

can you mail me a check i dont have a paypal

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We'll work something out.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Eiffel On You posted:

Age of Ultron...GAME MODE?? What is this, Whack-a-mole?!

Whaaaat

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Luuuuuux... break the non-existant non-disclosure agreement.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lux what is this poo poo?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MR GAZ CAN YOU HEAR ME? HEELO!? ANYBODY???

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
patch notes can't melt my steel heart

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Drythe posted:

Lux is poo poo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I just got Constrict Focus on Bobby. He's a little silly now. Everything dies.

Do we know whether or not +pet damage affects the area ticks from the Golems, or just their punchy damage?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

datamining update i think we missed

FF Spider-Ham, Camo Old Lace, and Gold HERBIE. we knew about the first two but the third's new

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I demand baby MODOK pet.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

I just got Constrict Focus on Bobby. He's a little silly now. Everything dies.

Do we know whether or not +pet damage affects the area ticks from the Golems, or just their punchy damage?

The damage from construct focus AE is one of his really buggy abilities right now, it does scale off pet damage and not any of your stats, but it also only scales based on the snapshot of when the pets where summoned. It also scales off ranks in the pet and not in the skill itself, so other than the extra 20% pet damage, which is about 800 or so damage a tick, there is not much point in ranking up construct focus right now.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Eiffel On You posted:

I demand baby MODOK pet.

Did you put that in your daily MODOK thread?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think I will in my next one. I got my posting "ban" lifted. Too easy.

Game Overman
May 23, 2004
under the radar
I've also had my lone gok drop in the wild (Midtown) last week on my way to this -

~500 legendary quests, 15 xp pots, 15 xp bars, and 3 Omega boosts.

SG is brain dead simple to cosmic, I picked her because I could do the run mostly with mouse only, button mapping Squirrel Sp. Forces, DFtT, 'pocalypse, her movement power, and medkit.

I had saved up a hoard of credit chests for rerolling quests. Turns out that with all the lunar loot dropping and from selling the previous week's beads I never dropped below 1 million creds. Now I have too many chests and don't understand how to get value from them. Turn them into unstables? Reroll my gok and try and trade it for gok+?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

How many H.E.R.B.I.E.s are we gonna get, Jesus

Add them to the drop table, make an achievement for catching them all

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Game Overman posted:

I had saved up a hoard of credit chests for rerolling quests. Turns out that with all the lunar loot dropping and from selling the previous week's beads I never dropped below 1 million creds. Now I have too many chests and don't understand how to get value from them. Turn them into unstables? Reroll my gok and try and trade it for gok+?

Save them. You'll Cosmic again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kheldarn posted:

Save them. You'll Cosmic again.

Is there another furry hero he can play one-handed?

• Locked thread