Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Fenris13 posted:

Frozen orb gains extra ticks from + area radius, using a doc ock and a pps will bump your ticks per orb from 2-3 to almost always 4, with the occasional 5 ticks depending on mob positioning. It is one of the few situations where +radius is really worthwhile.

I do love that you can choose to beef up his constructs with pet damage, or just ignore pet damage and focus on your skills while having 3 bad as ice buddies chilling out with you.

so ball lightning for storm? count down until this skill is neutered begins now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I don't think area radius affects it, I am using the Omega that reduces radius for Area powers and still getting 3-4 ticks on most orbs and I can still get 5.

Blade Leader
Jun 15, 2006

Game of Thrones

nickhimself posted:

I wonder if we could start "looking for" artifacts or other items that aren't that great but could likely elicit enough attention to trick pubbie traders.

Is that why you've been advocating spider serums this whole time?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

soscannonballs posted:

I don't think area radius affects it, I am using the Omega that reduces radius for Area powers and still getting 3-4 ticks on most orbs and I can still get 5.

It does, and it is pretty easy to test it out. Head into the training room and to the room with multiple dummies. Stand in one place without dock ock medallion on and pick a spot to fire an orb at, fire one orb without the medallion and one with and check which dummies get hit and which don't for each shot. Repeat a few times for different spots, and you will notice that the orbs radius has increased.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Big John got bigger.

Need raid bosses to spawn in midtown and gently caress poo poo up.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

It does, and it is pretty easy to test it out. Head into the training room and to the room with multiple dummies. Stand in one place without dock ock medallion on and pick a spot to fire an orb at, fire one orb without the medallion and one with and check which dummies get hit and which don't for each shot. Repeat a few times for different spots, and you will notice that the orbs radius has increased.

That doesn't mean the orb is hitting more ticks though, which is what I am looking at.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
We should definitely make carrying my rear end through a red raid a weekly thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Joust posted:

Need raid bosses to spawn in midtown and gently caress poo poo up.

Trying to dodge bubbles/buttslams/red circles with Midtown lag would be a nightmare.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Kheldarn posted:

How it feels to Cosmic Spider-Man:

I feel like that and I'm only on green.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Leper Residue posted:

go to control panel, system settings - Advanced System Settings, click on Performance Settings, then Advanced and click on Change under Virtual Memory. Then set it to System Managed Size, if it's already at that, click on Custom size and set Initial as the amount of ram you have and Maximum at like 3 times the amount of ram you have.

This worked, thank you very much.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

RatHat posted:

Trying to dodge bubbles/buttslams/red circles with Midtown lag would be a nightmare.

If they are in mm deaths won't matter and they would mostly be slightly depowered like hyde and ape in mm don't one shot every nerd who eats a spear to the face.

That big john thing needs to hank pym elbow droping someone. Grow as big as surtur elbow drop shrink down to normal size use a gadget shrink down to ant size and cut their toe grow back to normal and gadget some more.

snergle fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 7, 2015

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

soscannonballs posted:

That doesn't mean the orb is hitting more ticks though, which is what I am looking at.

But it does, it is simple geometry, by increasing the radius of the pulse on a traveling object, the first pulse can hit the target sooner, because its radius is larger, and after the object has passed through the target, it can also hit from a further away distance again because of the larger radius. Obviously when dealing with two moving objects on different trajectories, the number of hits for each cast of the orb is going to vary, but increasing the radius does have a noticeable effect on the overall number of hits across many casts.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Yea, wasn't the Danger Room supposed to be out back before Christmas or something? Have they actually said anything about what happened or is it just ~Gaz~

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

But it does, it is simple geometry, by increasing the radius of the pulse on a traveling object, the first pulse can hit the target sooner, because its radius is larger, and after the object has passed through the target, it can also hit from a further away distance again because of the larger radius. Obviously when dealing with two moving objects on different trajectories, the number of hits for each cast of the orb is going to vary, but increasing the radius does have a noticeable effect on the overall number of hits across many casts.

Frozen Orb doesn't pulse though. I will test more when I hit 60 of my current prestige but I am pretty certain radius will not make frozen orb hit a target more times on average.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

^^^ How do you think it deals damage if it doesn't pulse?

Wayback posted:

Yea, wasn't the Danger Room supposed to be out back before Christmas or something? Have they actually said anything about what happened or is it just ~Gaz~
They're still waiting for their outsourced IT department to reset ArtofRawr's password so they can get at the Excel files all the plans are in.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This video is hilarious. Emma one shotting all cosmic bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljk1oc4MHC8

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
And they say surfer is the best cosmic farmer. Slap a zig on that and get going :eyepop:

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

^^^ How do you think it deals damage if it doesn't pulse?

I just tested it at 60 naked with no omegas and I am getting 3 or 4 hits per cast every time. With Power Prism Shard and Doc Ock Medal for 30% radius increase I am getting the exact same results.

Edit - testing from different distances away and the radius might be affecting it

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 7, 2015

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Ryolnir
Ryolnir
Gazillion
LocationAsgard
Staff
10:05PM
Achievements are not going on TC weekend. We are pencils down on designing new ones, rewards are hooked up, but we're making it through a pile of defects. We are so close. It unfortunately doesn't make sense to put it on TC until we work through the bugs we already know about!

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins - Community Manager, Creative Designer
Ask me about : Forums, Story (& Any Lore), Costumes, Voice Over, everything.
Flag Quote · 6Insightful Disagree 1Agree Awesome 2LOL

Tomorrow raid stuff is going to be amazing. New raid item stuff is going to own.

Cross your fingers for socketables testing tomorrow.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Translation: Achievements are in Limbo.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Haven't we had that stupid locked Achievements tab in the UI for like a year now?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I believe that they were supposed to be out Summer 2014, so if not a year, pretty close...

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

ice man is michael cole

this guy is rad as gently caress, and dp is rude as gently caress

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Well, I can definitely vouch for Gems of the Kursed dropping in Midtown.

I...I wasn't sure they were real.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I'm not sure why knowing about bugs is keeping them from testing achievements. It's certainly never stopped them before.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

nostrata posted:

I'm not sure why knowing about bugs is keeping them from testing achievements. It's certainly never stopped them before.
Knowing Gaz the bugs are stuff like "every time you log in with achievements unlocked it gets you omega orbs for every one" or that it's decrementing your omega tally instead of incrementing it.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

nostrata posted:

It's probably an overly beneficial bug. Like being able to complete the cheevo multiple times for the reward. Or the omega chest it grants is infinitely clickable.

edit: Or if you use the omega chest while at max omegas, it flips you back around to zero.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Still, not like any of that would really matter on TC. I just want to see what they are so I know how deep I need to dive to get some of the cool things.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Eiffel On You posted:

This video is hilarious. Emma one shotting all cosmic bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljk1oc4MHC8

What magical build allows this? Emma is just sitting collecting dust for me, but if I can use her to obliterate cosmic terms for farming, then I'd be all over it.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

rizzen posted:

What magical build allows this? Emma is just sitting collecting dust for me, but if I can use her to obliterate cosmic terms for farming, then I'd be all over it.

Max Psychic Domination, Telepathic mastery and Mental Overload. Though TM probably isn't completely necessary.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

rizzen posted:

It involves stacking as much summon health as possible on your minion , then blowing it up for INCREDIBLE DAMAGE. Like this!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
And then you have the benefit of standing there like an idiot unable to kill the boss if you don't instagib him. And being worthless in raids.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Hi I don't post much here or on the oforums but I love this game. My in game name (and my name on the oforums) is paymentplan. Normally I just continue my life unnoticed, but I recently got this PM over on the oforums.

I didn't respond because Gaz doesn't pay me. :downs:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

It does make her a cosmic prestige terminal murdering machine, though.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

It involves stacking as much summon health as possible on your minion , then blowing it up for INCREDIBLE DAMAGE. Like this!

14 million white damage. Woah

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

You should tell them that I they can no longer make payments that their accounts will be deleted.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Nifty. Thanks.

It seems like an interesting silly gimmick build, and I'm definitely not using her for anything, so it could be fun to mess around with.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah it sounds pretty good for running cosmic terminals(with the exception of Doom). If the exploding pet doesn't kill the boss your sig will probably finish them off.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Scourm said he's going to be posting his Punisher build on Sunday. Apparently he uses both Burst-fire and Buckshot somehow.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

gently caress, I'm gonna have to log in and do some punishing so I'm all ready to make fun ofsincerely congratulate him on Monday.

• Locked thread