Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I haven't picked up Bobby yet since I'm hearing varying reports that he's broken and garbage, but the revised Big Pun seems pretty fun. I thought that the ammo thing would be a bigger pain in the rear end than it is, but it seems pretty easy to get a rotation on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I switched my build over to the Summons build and am really enjoying it now.
The ranged/melee hybrid stick doesn't do it for me. I feel like I am to drat squishy, spirit is too low and bosses take to drat long to kill.

Summons build seems to be the way I'll handle this going forward. The loss of the 192%xp buff to 25% xp is huge. REALLY slowing down the grind even with buffs galore going. I am trying to take my time and enjoy the journey. I will prestige today in between various errands and what have you. Need to work toward cosmic

Is his summons build basically what soscannonballs described above? I might end up grabbing Iceman since I almost have the splinters to do it (and almost certainly will by the time I get Punisher to 60).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I use frozen lance over Icy Arsenal and don't use Frozen orb. Nor do I use Artic Wave but am interesting in tweaking my build more. Honestly my build is based around just Frozen Lance spam cause I'm lazy. Its just priority really
Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Frozen Lance
Repeat as Iceslick comes off cooldown. Toss in Construct Focus, IceWall on top of bosses, Statue and Sig whenever possible. Spam spam spam and win. Might not be the most fine tuned setup but I murder bosses quick and barely get touched. I enjoy it
If I am on a boss I'll go
Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Frozen Lance>Construct Focus>Frost Nova>Frozen Lance(Repeat Ice Slick, Flash Freeze Lance) Statue and Sig.
Bosses normally dead before Sig finishes

I'm a very lazy man so this appeals to me.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kheldarn posted:

My Iceplan is start as a Meleemans build, then use the other spec to set up Summonmans. But it's gonna have to wait for Icemankey to show up on Steam first...

Do we know for sure if there's a Steam bundle coming? I might hold off on grabbing him if there's going to be one of those packs that has some Gs in it.

RottenK posted:

Hello this game looks like it might be fun.

What is referenced in the thread title? It's too specific to not reference something that's probably funny.

The Marvel Heroes official forums are a hideous shitpile. The game is a ton of fun.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tiny Chalupa posted:

At what level?
Huggernaught is only missing a teleport
Cap is amazing sexy, hulk smash
Scarlett witch won't win a boss rush but everything else melts looking at her
Silver surfer.
Tons of amazing people honestly

God drat it I sound like Eiffel

Venom should be listed too, since he's great damage + incredible survivability. He doesn't have a teleport but he does have a resource-free fly. But Venom is great at everything, so maybe it goes without saying.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Oh, I read that as Industry City, duh.

(edit): or I guess that's the joke

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I just got Constrict Focus on Bobby. He's a little silly now. Everything dies.

Do we know whether or not +pet damage affects the area ticks from the Golems, or just their punchy damage?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fenris13 posted:

The damage from construct focus AE is one of his really buggy abilities right now, it does scale off pet damage and not any of your stats, but it also only scales based on the snapshot of when the pets where summoned. It also scales off ranks in the pet and not in the skill itself, so other than the extra 20% pet damage, which is about 800 or so damage a tick, there is not much point in ranking up construct focus right now.

That's...weird. Thanks for the info.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lozareth posted:

Goddamn I am really liking Iceman. Definite cosmic for me one day.

I'm not a cosmic-er but he is way better than I expected. Definitely shaping up to be one of my terminal runners.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Do Ice Golems follow the other pets in that the only stat that carries through to them is Crit/Brut hit? (Am I even remembering that right?)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

StashAugustine posted:

So is summoner Iceman actually good after all then?

Seems it so far. The "not being able to aim your pets" thing is offset somewhat by them having AOE damage auras and Iceman has some pretty good damage on his own and a killer sig. I mean, it's still pets in a Gaz game, but it's fun.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I already bitch and moan about how tedious things like costume affixes are, that looks horrendous.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Eiffel On You posted:

skrybbles (Scarlet Waifu) vs. vandee (Ghost Rider) - 1:35 vs 2:17

gently caress, who would have thought SW would be a top pick to take it all when this started. #chaosmagic

Also, Prel's video is a work of art.

(edit): the best part of this may be looking at the build spreadsheet for SW and it's all "WAIT FOR THE REWORK DO NOT PLAY"

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 8, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

BaylonGreyjoyDies posted:

This is my green wife

green waifu

graifu

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rad Valtar posted:

Most of you seem ok as individuals but when you come together you make this thread loving horrible.

I'll have you know I'm a loving horrible person as an individual as well.

Graifu

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RatHat posted:

That's very good then. Getting Doom would be annoying but nowhere close to Manape and Doom's drops are great.

You also can end up with multiple buffs at once. So if you get one you don't want to do, don't do it, you'll still pick up others.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Look if you're locked out of Muscleheim just create a new account, level to 60, and farm up your gear and omegas, and then run it. I mean, what are we, a bunch of loving casuals here or something

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Phyresis posted:

Yeah cuz more overpowered heroes that completely ignore fundamental game mechanics would be good for the game.

This, but not sarcastically.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Graifu sounds like she's shaping up pretty well, but I'm not sure she's going to enable my complete laziness as much as new haifu Bobby. I like pressing one button every 10 seconds and letting my slaves kill everything for me. Sometimes Ice Slick if I really feel ambitious.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Is there a level of auto-loot vaporize that burns Urus? I swear I haven't seen one drop in forever, and I'm actually running low on some types of useful ones.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Weird. Just the RNG loving with me then.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Praise Khonshu

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

cant wait to play the guy who's super power is he talks real loud

Well right now we have a guy whose super power is "has a bow" so we're already levels above that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Holy gently caress I love when gaz does good things like this. Probably going to look at fully gearing him out with summon focus now.

"We identified that a bug was making Iceman more powerful than intended, so we made him even better instead"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Try not to think about how Gambit and IW had things fall in the other direction for similar things. Try real hard

Iceman is my current main and I love him very much and I'm doing a little dance of joy over here. And praying there's no backlash.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RosaParksOfDip posted:

It's making him more powerful than intended, but not exactly outside the norm of what they're doing with new characters. It's giving him a reasonably competitive pet damage build.

Please do not take my quote as complaining, I think it's great

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So just to be sure I have everything straight, the IW review is trash and Nick personally destroyed Graifu?

On the brighter side, I guess this means I can go back to farming with Bobby forever.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Thanks for that. There's a few guys I want to push to 60 this weekend while the XP boost is insane and I don't care all that much about being totally optimal.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Musluk posted:

ugh

pillars so good

but I also wanna get everyone to 60 at least

Pillars, Bloodborne, this event, and Wrestlemania. Plus like 6 other games I'm actively playing in my backlog. Going to be a hell of a weekend.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Prel posted:

I use almost that build except I prefer using Artic Wave as my shatter to proc the melee portion of Construct Focus and I have Flash Freeze 1 pointed to max Frozen Orb for general clear. You could definitely forgo Orb if you want to though, between Flash Freeze and Frost Nova you're spending a lot of your time shattering in an "optimal" situation. Orb is really just for being lazy and since I use summon Iceman as my general clearing stuff guy I find it nice.

I also swap on a Zigg for the regular regalia (after summoning) because never not Zigg.

I'm not sure between Fraglite and Spear for bis slot 1. The spear proc has 100% uptime and buffs both golem attacks and the CF aura damage. Frag is probably/maybe better single target, although the CF dots from each golem stack so buffing them is pretty solid.

Honestly, unless you're really caring about TTK or you're red raiding, Summoner Bobby is hit Construct Focus, Ice Slick, Statute on bosses, sig when you feel like it, and anything else is gravy. With me all pet geared out, Cosmic and one-shot bosses melt regardless of whether I'm using beams, orb, flash freeze+shatter, whatever.

I've started gearing for maximum hilarity. Omega Sentinel Energy Blaster in slot 5 just so I always have a big stupid robot stomping on things along with my ice golems and whatever the Chaos Portal decides to poo poo out. I have no idea what is happening on screen half the time.

Basically

quote:

Summoner Bobby is REALLY good and strong.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Prel posted:

Will let you know when they stop changing her multiple times per day.

(She'll be fine, at worst, and probably end up very good.)

All I remember is that the consensus was that Iceman was undertuned trash before he came out and now he's like the best guy on the roster so I've given up on any assessment of characters before they hit live.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Buhbuhj posted:

Well I managed to get to yellowman in a day without whaling.

Shulk tellin me I have 1 day left to do this.

Looks more like Graifu is over there all "OH NO YOU DI'INT"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Do we know Shulk's splinter cost yet?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MMAgCh posted:

400, I'm pretty sure.

According to a system message, terminal and MM bosses are now dropping bounty chests! Except bosses in IC are still dropping them, so I've no idea really.

Awesome, I don't have to farm up any more splinters tonight then.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

rizzen posted:

This entire patch is pretty hilarious. I did cosmic midtown for a bit on my pretty geared Cap, and it was alright. The boss waves can be hit or miss on murderdamage at times, and the one shot bosses like Mape, Tits Mcgee and MoleMan can straight up murder lesser heroes. Mole Man's shotgun blast is pretty devestating, even when I'm sitting at 20k defense. Don't stand in that poo poo unless you want to get dead real quick.

Mole Man and Rape Ape were kind of nasty even in normal Midtown (at least compared to the joke most Midtown bosses are) so that's not too surprising. Sounds like cosmic challenges will be pretty fun if the drops make it worthwhile.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I got these two Verdant Vials and a Birch rune for your swiggin, take it or leave it. Deal is only good for a couple hours before the next price drop.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Man, you guys talk about whiffing with Barrister Beatdown, but I swear I miss just as often or maybe more with loving Closing Argument, and that thing eats all my combo points when it misses. I'm considering dumping it and just using elbow drop forever on everything.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

trem posted:

I elbow dropped everything while leveling graifu because lol single target, then I started playing invisimom and now she's gokhod'd and blowing everything up while invisible.

I haven't tried out Mom since the rework, maybe I'll give her a spin. I do like Shulk, but I feel like I'm just going to discard half her kit and basically just Opening Statement/Assault/Final Verdict everything. Well plus Bar Exam, and Lawyer Up. I'm too lazy to deal with the rest of it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Is it confirmed that's really all the reward is and there's no secret "now talk to this other guy" follow-up that gives you more? Because that's a huge pain in the rear end for a MK1 card and a couple boosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

marvel heroes 2015 only play the venom character edition

The end result of all this will be getting Venom nerfed and I'm going to be pissed since he's the only guy I bother playing aside from Iceman.

• Locked thread