Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002
Recently it occurred to me that juggling would be a cool, "random" skill to learn so I could bust it out at unexpected times and impress people. I've been trying to practice with just 1 ball, and slowly work my way up to 3+ balls, but so far I'm getting nowhere.

Any tips for a newbie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
something something my testicles

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play with your balls

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"hey did you know i can juggle!"

great way to get people to leave you alone forever imo

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
It's good to learn a dumb trick like this. Unfortunately, I don't know how to juggle and thus have no tips beyond just keep trying.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
No. Don't.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I hear fans of juggling and juggling pros call themselves "juggalos", and they have big meet-ups sometimes. I hear they can get kinda rowdy though, so be careful if you decide to go to the next juggalo meeting.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
a kid died op

gently caress you

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

A misanthrope posted:

a kid died op

gently caress you

lmao

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
notice how the kid still rolled a gutterball even with the bumpers.

deserves a second ball to the head imo

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
don't worry about opening and closing your hands, right now you need to build up some basic hand-to-ball coordination
tie a tennis ball to your face, and swat it away from your face, then keep swatting it so it won't hit you in the face, like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP1UBZ6okKM
take your time, you don't have to be a showboat or nothing

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
WOOP WOOP!!!!

Ohhhhh, juggling

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
op you already catch balls p well, so you're halfway there

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

So back up, bitch, because I'm struggling
So get on your knees and then start juggling
These motherfucking nuts in your mouth
It's me, Warren G the nigga with the clout

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
bring back animecat.flv

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSGqK-nZkaU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Honestly,

Learn to juggle while your drunk. That way you can juggle while you and your pals are drunk, which is the only time anyone would want to see someone juggle.

I hope my sincerity was like a breath of fresh air in this stale swamp of shitposts!

Warm Regards,

Matey

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

rubber cat posted:

Recently it occurred to me that juggling would be a cool, "random" skill to learn so I could bust it out at unexpected times and impress people. I've been trying to practice with just 1 ball, and slowly work my way up to 3+ balls, but so far I'm getting nowhere.

Any tips for a newbie?

The only people who think random unexpected juggling is cool are children at parties, or weird crusty hippies with terrible stinking dreads and strange skin conditions or occasionally really drunk guys.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Some nerd on TV said that juggling exercises some fundamental spatial-relational faculty which makes you smarter or something. Good luck on it OP

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I've changed my stance on juggling and I now think it is a worthwhile, if not noble pursuit

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
That kid died

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

In this economy, you have to be able to juggle at least eight balls at once to make a living. Not trying to discourage you, just giving you the facts.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

tell me when ur ready to step up a level and get into the devil sticks game that'sw ehre all the babes at

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
well this is as good a place as any, need some more traffic on this for a reasonably speedy answer

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704783

open container
Sep 16, 2008
i recommend magic, instead

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sir John Feelgood posted:

In this economy, you have to be able to juggle at least eight balls at once to make a living. Not trying to discourage you, just giving you the facts.

gently caress you Mister joe your what's wrong with the baby boomers.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
My record is 400 catches with five balls. My advice is to throw one ball up when the other comes down. Repeat until you get it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
start with something simple, like scarves, or just not juggling at all.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
stick to juggling 2 balls OP like usual

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
start with 2 balls

hold one in each palm, and let your arms hang down by your sides.

Isolate your elbows where they are, and asynchronously throw the two balls just by pulling your biceps (raising your forearms) and catch them, letting your arms drop back down to their resting position.

Get a feel for that then go straight onto 3 balls and just keep doing it over and over until you can do 100 catches without stopping. Then you can juggle and start to learn cool tricks like Mill's Mess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8mjr5PZqgM

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
If I met you in real life is give you some tips like two balls: both ways, make sure throws are consistent height, don't worry about walking forward at first, everyone does it, three ball flash, then start adding more, but I'd slowly grow frustrated with your lack of progress while trying to hide it and it would get a little awkward.

----------------

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i used to be a spergy kid and learned all sorts of zany party tricks like bouncing golf balls, juggling fire clubs, riding unicycles etc

literally no one has ever been impressed

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A misanthrope posted:

a kid died op

gently caress you

That little oval office was asking for it imho it is a misery that her blood did not pool up on that wood paneling God I pray to you bring death to this yung bitch soon and slowly!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
 Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bean sacks against a wall is a good start method. Four, one hand each, to fool the wall is the next step.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I guess it's a neutral hobby to have, just don't get sucked into the lifestyle.

You don't want to be the smelly white guy who is always barefoot and sets up a tightrope in the park between trees, and who only ever attracts fat pansexual women who post on deviantart

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

les fleurs du mall posted:

Then you can juggle and start to learn cool tricks like Mill's Mess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8mjr5PZqgM

The worst is when noob bitches are like "how do you do mills mess?" and you explain the progression and the basics and they still don't loving get it and then if they do get it it looks like poo poo and you've got to explain that they need to make the underhand throw to come back in and it's like gently caress man watch a youtube video or something.

----------------

BrawndoTQ fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

RideTheSpiral posted:

i used to be a spergy kid and learned all sorts of zany party tricks like bouncing golf balls, juggling fire clubs, riding unicycles etc

literally no one has ever been impressed

Yeah juggling is pretty terrible to watch. You watch for 5 seconds and are immediately bored while the guy juggling is concentrating furiously.

----------------

• Locked thread