Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Tyson Tomko posted:

1983 kid here and I am the same. I am a late 80s and 90s kid memory wise and it owns. From the Centurions to nicktoons to Stick Stickley to the later lame seasons of are you afraid of the dark I have it all lol

Yeah, we also had childhoods and parents who still disciplined. I think the cut off year is around 85/86. Beyond that, you're a diamond in the rough if you aren't a self-entitled, millenial with helicopter parents.

bikes without helmets.
playdates didn't exist
and getting a spanking or a slap across the face didn't result in PTSD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I too had a streetlight curfew. :hfive:

Which was AWESOME in the summer, but sucked in the winter!

I never got a belt, but I was chased through the house with a rolling pin once. You can't make that poo poo up.

Another gem of being born in 81: sitting in the back of a station wagon with 4 other kids. Not secured to anything.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Tyson Tomko posted:

OK I had to respond to this. My very first memory I can recall is sitting in the back of my parents big rear end station wagon and looking out the back. Not the backseat, the area between the back and the back glass where cargo would go. That poo poo was normal as hell back in the day and as a kid I loved it.
There were two benches back there. It was made to be ridden in!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Placid Marmot posted:

If you plan on beating your children for your own failures as a parent, you should see a psychiatrist before you have children in the first place.

lol

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

mysterious frankie posted:

hahaha, awesome.

I don't remember that at all, but agreed, that was loving awesome.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

limeincoke posted:

Lol my ex-roommate is one of those "I only spank when I need to and it's good for kids" kinds of people.

It's funny because when I was his roommate he literally beat the poo poo out of his kids for any reason, including just him himself having a bad day. That's why I assume anyone who talks about spanking at all is a psycho child abuser, since obviously everyone is gonna downplay how much they beat their kids.

most people aren't psychopaths :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm guessing it's the result of being failed by the same education system... in the 90s?!?!?!
:(

nah uh

Shadow fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 11, 2015

• Locked thread